Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

The Past

Ash looked up into Blaise's face, sighed and took a deep breath...

"It all began at the beginning of the last school year..." she began, but stopped again. Was she really ready to tell Blaise her story? Would he understand? What would he think of her when she told him? Would he want to stop being her friend? Would he be disgusted by her? Push her away? Never hold her in his arms to comfort him again?

Uncertain tensed up a bit and looked up at him. 'This is crazy!' she thought to herself. 'I've only known him for two days... and yet,' she shuddered as she looked into his eyes. There was something about this boy that made her trust him. He wouldn't betray her and her trust. No, not him. The warmth and concern with which he looked at her told her so.

Again she looked down at the cold stone floor, closed her eyes and let her mind take her back to the memories she had tried to push away into the furthest corners of her mind...

The first time I had saw him, I thought I saw an angel. Tall, lean yet muscular, his straight black hair framing his perfect shaped face and his ocean blue eyes shinning with humor. When he had spoke and laughed - it had seemed to me that - the room filled with music. Whenever he looked at me I felt my heart and body melt. I was enchanted.

His name was Patrick and he was a new arrival from a wizarding school in America.

People had tried to warn me about him. He was up to no good. He was to perfect to be true. blahblahblah... I didn't listen, all I wanted was to have him.

You must think I'm crazy for feeling this way from the first time that I saw him. But I couldn't help myself. And then when he talked to me, looked at me... I fell head over heels. Every cell in my body belonged to him by the first time he said my name.

Patrick and I soon started dating. It swiped me of my feet that this gorgeous boy chose me, the loud, obnoxious troublemaker as his girl...


Blaise looked at the girl in his arms. Her eyes where closed, her features relaxed and a small smile played around her lips when she whispered his name, sighed at the memories of their first encounter. It hurt...

Suddenly her features turned sober again, but she didn't open her eyes as she continued to speak.

But than he changed. He was a jealous and self righteous bastard that tried separate me from my friends, my family, my everything. But I was so in love, I didn't want to believe it, even though I saw how the people I loved slowly seemed to float away from me.

That's when I saw his true colors. I tried to stop my friends from leaving me by spending more time with them - alone. And it seemed to work. My friends always greeted my with open arms, happy that I was back again.

You know how it is. How perfect a relationship seems, it always has its flaws and soon I really saw how much my relationship with Patrick separated me and my friends. Hence I took the only sensible cause of action. My friends had always been the most important aspect of my life for me.

However it broke Patrick. In his mind he had declared me his property and when property is taken away, you fight till you have it back.

It became the pure horror. He stalked me, terrorized me... One time he caught me when I wasn't with my friends and... and...


Ash ripped her eyes open, a tear loosened from her eyes and slipped down her cheek. The boy holding her softly brushed it away. Everything was silent.

Slowly Ash closed her eyes again and softly whispered, "He raped me..."

Ash felt how the boy tensed up and for a moment she thought he would shove her of him and leave, but nothing like that happened. Gently he squeezed her for reassurance.

Swiftly Ash relaxed into his arms again and continued speaking.

After the... rape... things seemed to get even worse. He started beating up the guys I talked to - even if it was just a simple hi between friends. He crept into my dorm room and stole some of my things. He became completely obsessed with me... I was scared. I really was.

And then the Easter holidays came. You can't believe how relieved I was to leave school and go home. To leave the horror of Patrick behind and become myself again. However the peace of my home didn't last long.

I had heard the rumor's of ... Voldemort... coming back to life and that he was recruiting new people... but I didn't actually believe it until I saw the mark... his mark on Patrick's arm.

He was standing in front of out house with three other cloaked wizards. It didn't take long and soon they forced themselves through your protecting barrier and into my home. My mom and dad told me to hide in the closet as the footsteps came nearer and nearer towards the room we were in.

Hiding in the closet, I saw how the Death Eaters broke down the door and pointed their wand at my father.

"What do you want?" he yelled with a shaking voice. I could hear the terror in his voice. Sweat was running down his face and has hand was shaking uncontrollably.

One of the cloaked men had chuckled at the sight and answered in an cold voice. "What I want? I want to invite you into joining our course."

"And become a Death Eater? Never!" my father spat out enraged, he even seemed to shake less.

"Then you leave me no choice," said the other voice and then hissed out "Avada Kedavra." The room was filled with a bright green light flash that blinded me.

When I could see again My dad was lying on the floor, motionless. My mother had run up to him and was crouching over him, crying. I couldn't take the sight any more. I had watched the whole scene from a small crack in the closet door. After I saw my father lying on the floor however I pulled away and clasped my hands over my mouth to keep me from screaming.

"What about you? Are you as stupid as him, or will you make the correct decision," I heard the emotionless voice asked my mother. I never heard her answer but when I saw another bright flash of green I knew my mother was gone...

"So where's the girl, kid?" I heard another voice ask. But I kept myself from making any sound.

"She should be here... she has to be here!" a familiar sounding voice had said. I wrecked my head to figure out who it might have been and -stupidly- gasped when I identified it as Patrick's. The small gasp seemed to have been heard by one of them because soon I found myself forced out of the closet.

"Hello, beautiful," my ex-boyfriend chimed as he knelt down in front of me. I had glared at him, tried to kill him with my mind but he only chuckled and stroked my cheek. All of a sudden the arms that had held me in place let go of me and Patrick hugged me tightly.

"There, there. Everything is going to be alright. I'm here for you." I hated every taunting word of his, but couldn't do anything.

"What did you do?" I had asked him choking on every word I said.

"I'm here to free you, my love." he said and smiled into my neck. I only sat there and glared. There were three other Death Eaters around us. I wouldn't have stood a chance.

"Free me?"

"Yes, these people where monsters. They took you away from me!" he answered. I wanted to yell at him, rip his eyes out. But I only sat there. Looking at the boy that I had loved not so long ago.

Swiftly he got to his feet and took a hold of my hand, pulling me up. He then snaked an arm around me and grinned when I didn't say anything. It was as if someone else was controlling me. I knew I should fight. I knew I should cry. I knew I should do so many things. But instead I just stood there. Despising myself and the people around me.

Quickly Patrick lead me down the corridor, and out of the house. The other Death Eaters following closely. Suddenly I glanced down Patrick's arm and pushed up the sleeve. Seeing the mark gleaming softly.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Patrick asked me when he saw where I was looking. "You'll get one yourself quite soon, love."

At that moment I made my decision, everything happened quickly. Patrick and I were the first ones to leave the house. I quickly pulled out my wand and pointed it at Patricks neck, then apparated away.

I could feel the other Death Eaters following us. But I was always good at apparation. As soon as we hit the ground I went onto the next leap. In the middle of this apparation I let go of Patrick...

I have no idea what happens when you let go o someone in the middle of apparation. But I did...

After I let go of him I lost track of how many other times I apperated. But in the end I found myself in the middle of Munich - the capital of Baveria - and about half an hour away from my home. There I hid. I didn't use magic in three months, I didn't apparate nor did I get in contact with any of my family and friends.

I was scared that if I would, he would find me.

At some point in time my aunt and uncle found me in the park and took me home with them. I have no idea how they were able to find me, but I'm glad they did. They brought me back to life, one could say...


Ash stopped talking and looked up at Blaise. "I'm also happy they found you," he whispered and hugged her tighter.

All of a sudden they heard a cough behind them. Shocked they jumped up from the floor and turned towards the noise...

It was Professor Snape. "I'm intrigued," he said in an humourless voice. "What, if I may ask, are you doing here at four o'clock in the morning?"

The two students looked at him in shock...

"We...we..." Ash stuttered.

"Well, I can listen to your excuses in detention for the next week. 9 o'clock my office," he snarled, "now of to bed, before I decide to make it two weeks."

Quickly the two students muttered the password to their common room and disappeared out of the Professors sight.

As soon as the wall closed behind them they started laughing and stumbled on into the now empty and trashed common room. A few house elves - who had started cleaning up the mess that was left behind - jumped in fright at the sound the two were making.

When they went into the room that separated into the boys and girls corridors they hugged each other. "Thank you for listening to me! You have me idea what it means to me to have a friend like you!" Ash smiled and added, "I guess I'll be seeing you at detention tomorrow." Ash chuckled as she opened the door to the girls rooms and slipped away to get some sleep.

Blaise stood in the middle room for another minute, staring at the door Ash just vanished through. "Friend, huh?" he sighed and went to grab some sleep before having to go to the detention tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Tell me what you think!
Comment!!