Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Conflict

Arithmancy was a bore. Why had Ash taken it again? Oh yeah because Hermione had plastered her with stories of how wonderful it is, how much fun it was - Hermoine had lied.

First of all you were forced to climb seven staircases. and then walk another 10 miles to actually reach the classroom. Professor Vector was a bitch and loved giving them huge amounts of homework - on the First Day!

Yet this class did have a few upsides as well. It was extremely easy, Ash was able to spend time with Hermione, without being in the "where should I sit conflict" - which she suspected she would have in most of the other subjects.

On the whole way up to the class room Hermione and Ash had joked and talked together, without mentioning their houses. However when they finally entered the class room and sat down next to each other, Hermione asked "how's Slytherin?"

"Huh?"

"How's Slytherin?" Hermione repeated and added, "I mean, do they take care of you?"

Ash smiled. "Slytherin is fun. The people are awesome to me."

"Who are you friends with?"

"Well you see me sitting with them everyday. From them, I'm closest to Blaise and Tracy. Those two are awesome, I tell you! We're always cracking jokes and explore the grounds together. On the first day, they showed me the castle and the classrooms and everything and you know me, I had one of my random action thoughts and pulled them to the lake and jumped in and they did as well... OK not 100% correct I jumped in and they looked at me as if I had three heads so I had to come out and shove them into the water. It was hilarious! But anyway, they really enjoyed my super cool idea and now whenever I have one of my whims again they just go along with it!"

“Good for you...” she said and fell silent. After a few minutes of silence - just listening to the teacher talk - she added, “Promise me to be careful Ash, OK?”

“Why do you guys always have to repeat that? I can look out for myself and know how to judge people! I’m not a first year any more!” Ash whispered back harshly and let out an frustrated sigh.

Hermione looked at her hurt. “Ash... We just want to make sure you are OK. We never had a good experience with the people from Slytherin and most of their families are Death Eaters. After what you experienced... We just don’t want you to be hurt again.”

Ash looked over at Hermione again. “I know, I’m sorry... I shouldn’t have... Just trust me, alright?” Hermione looked at her with anxious eyes and then nodded. Smiling Ash turned around to the teacher again.

Ash’s next class was Transfiguration. When she saw this on her timetable she had to gulp. Ron, Harry and Draco in the same classroom with each other and her right in the middle of the cross fire... No way could this turn out pleasant.

Briskly she descended from the 7th floor to the Transfigurations classroom, waving goodbye to Hermione. Five minutes late, she finally reached her destination and entered the classroom.

“I’m so sorry!” she said while running through the doors, but she didn’t see the teacher anywhere in the classroom. Only a brown tabby cat that sat on top of the teachers desk. Looking at the tabby, Ash remembered Ron telling her about his first time coming into her classroom late and Professor McGonagall transforming from that shape.

Uncertain she went up to the tabby. “I’m sorry for being late, Professor. I got lost,” she said to the cat, as she heard the class trying to hold back laughter.

“Well, I understand that adjusting to a new school can be harsh at time, Miss. Weasley. What I do not understand, however, is why you are apologising to a cat.” a strict voice said behind her.

Embarrassed Ash turned around to look at the tall, rather severe-looking women with emerald green robes and a tight hair bun. Turning bright red Ash opened her mouth to speak, but swiftly closed it again as she saw a twinkle in the elderly woman’s eyes.

“Now sit down, so we can continue with class,” she ordered and sent Ash scrambling to find a seat. One fast glance told her that Draco had kept a seat for her next to him, as had Harry and Ron - in front of them next to Neville - they were waving at her to sit there.

Torn she looked from one seat to the other, but decided to sit next to Draco - giving Ron an apologetic look.

Draco smirked. “Wow, I actually believed you’d sit with the Gryffindors for a second there.”

“If you want me, I can still change my seat,” Ash countered.

“I didn’t say that. Its just that you probably just ruined your relationship with them again,” he said, looking back and seeing the death glare Ron sent into their direction.

“They have to finally understand that I’m a Slytherin and that my friends are Slytherins as well. I want to be friends with them, but I’m stuck with you guys for a year and I don’t plan on being an social reject,” Ash explained glancing over at Draco, who just nodded.

Silence fell over them as they listened to McGonagall explain what they would do this year.

“Do you have any plans this weekend?” Draco asked whispering after a few minutes passed. Ash glanced at him and shook her head no. “It’s the first weekend were we’re able to go to Hogsmead. I was wondering, if you’d like to go there with me.”

Ash’s heart started to beat faster as she looked at Draco again. He hadn’t turned to look at her, just kept on looking at the front of the classroom, pretending to listen to the Professor. Looking away her mouth tried up. “I-” she tried to answer - wanted to jump up ad down grinning yelling yes, but something held her back. “I-” she tried again, “I don’t know, Draco. I- I don’t think that would be the best move right now, especially with Pansy being my friend and you guys having this thing...” she muttered. “Also, I still have to figure you out...” she added so quietly that she wasn’t sure if Draco heard her or not.

Draco tensed at her words and didn’t say anything to her for the rest of the class. Ash mentally sapped herself, fearing that he would hate her now that she turned him down.

But right before class ended he looked at her, “Tell me if you change your mind, your missing out on something.” He smirked at her again and turned to pack his things together. Before Ash had time to finish packing up Ron hovered over her.

“We had saved a seat for you,” he hissed.

“I saw.”

“Then why didn’t you sit with us?”

“Draco had saved me a seat as well, sitting next to a friend seemed more pleasant when sitting next to a friends friends.” she answered truthfully looking behind Ron she added, “Sorry Neville.”

“No problem,” he muttered.

Ron still glared at her. “Now listen-” he started but Ash interrupted him and told him the same thing she had told Draco before, then stood up and left the room. There Draco stood waiting for her at the door.

“I have DADA now, I figured you’d have the same and that you probably wouldn’t walk with Redhead and Scarface.”

Ash let out a short laugh and smiled at Draco. “Thank you.”

Defence Against the Dark Arts proved to be an amazing subject, this year taught by an eccentric elderly women, Professor Humbug. She thought that practical work would be the easiest way to learn to defend oneself, hence they started right the moment they entered the room and she started throwing spells at them, against whom they had to defend themselves against.

After this the day seemed to pass uneventful for Ash, until they retired back to their rooms and Daphne confronted her.

“Stay away from him,” she shot at her.

“Huh?”

“You’ve heard me!”

“I don’t know what you mean.”

“There’s something going on between you and Blaise. But I already told you. He’s my mark. Stay away from him!”

“Believe me, we’re just good friends. There’s nothing going on between us!”

“Oh yeah? Then why are you always together and why does he seem so protective over you?”

“I don’t know. But there’s nothing between us, trust me.”

Daphne glared at her. “Just stay away from him,” she hissed and started walking into the bathroom.

“No I wont. You can’t tell me with whom I can hang and not. Blaise and I are friends. You wont be able to do anything against that.”

Daphne glared at her again. “Watch your back”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! I know I kind off jumped a bit in the story today, but I wrote it at 2 o'clock in the morning and started feeling a bit tired.
Thanks for all the comments!! Your really making me enjoy writing this story!!
Hope you're liking the story so far!!