Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Glare

It's been two weeks since Ash had talked to Tracy and nothing had changed.

Daphne was still angry at Ash and glared at her every given second - it surprised Ash for a second, but even while Daphne was asleep she seemed to be glaring at her. Yet she didn't actually do anything, Ash guessed her glaring was the most ingenious thing Daphne could think of.

But she still needed to be careful. Once or twice some guys had come up to her, trying to scare her of, but Tracy of Blaise were always there to stop them.

Her relationship with Blaise also strengthened. He really was an awesome guy that she loved to talk too. She could tell him anything and nothing at all, they were always cracking jokes and slowly became inseparable. Blaise was starting to become her best friend - together with Tracy.

Tracy was an Angel. Always being there for her when anything seemed to be happening, always being there for her to talk to and always having a good advise on her lips. But slowly Ash could see why she is a Slytherin.

Tracy would do anything to fulfil her goals. Her major goal in life was to become a star reporter like Rita Skeeter. Her ruthless researching skills were top notch already. This girl knew everything there is to know about this school. Name it, she knew it. It was as if she had bugged the whole school.

Her minor goals, such as an A in her next homework assignment, she pursued by... similar means. Using the information she had to pressure another student into doing their best work of all times for her, or 'convincing' her teacher that she deserved a better grade...

Ash was happy/thankful that Tracy decided that she could be useful in future and therefore became friends with her.

Ron and Harry still didn't want to talk to her after she ditched them in Transformations. But Hermione started to understand that Ash was a Slytherin and just shrugged it of. They wouldn't become best friends or anything similar, but they talked. It was a start.

Ginny acted the most normal around her. She didn't have as bad Slytherin experiences and therefore found her brothers behaviour quite idiotic. Ash was thankful. They were family and it hurt her that part of her family didn't accept her any more.

As for the little confusion with Draco... they turned into big confusion. There was something about him that pulled her towards him. The way he spoke, the way he looked at her, his smirk - it all seemed to have an flavour to it that she just couldn't resist.

And yet something stopped her from giving in to it. She knew exactly what it was, but didn't want to admit it. She stuck to her story that it wouldn't work because Pansy was her friend, it would shatter the small rest-bond she still shared with Ron or it that it was probably just a game for Draco anyway and that she wouldn't be one of his conquers.

But in reality she knew that she didn't really mind that. Who cares what Pansy thinks of her? She wasn't her friend. There was no real bond between her and Ron any more. He hadn't even acknowledged her existence in the last two weeks. And if it where just a game for Draco... well, all right she would have to admit that that would actually hurt her, but at least the confusion would be over. Ash hated being confused.

The real reason why she wouldn't let herself give into the feeling or even go on a date with Draco was because she was scared shitless. Not of losing a friend, not of breaking ties, not of being used... but losing herself again. Her past had taught her that her feelings betray her and the whole situation reminded her too much of the past, too much of Patrick... she wasn't ready to let herself go like that again...

"Her glare is slowly starting to annoy me," Ash huffed sitting next to Blaise, pouting.

"Just ignore her, she's nothing to bother about."

"Oh, but you don't have to be on the same room as her at night! You don't see that she actually continues glaring while she's sound asleep." Ash looked at him with a crazed expression which made Blaise laugh.

"Sure she does."

"You don't believe me! Ask Tracy, she'll tell you its true!"

Blaise glanced over at Tracy, whom just nodded her head. "Alright, alright. I believe you. What do you plan to do about it?"

Ash opened her mouth to speak but shut it again looking away. All of a sudden her head snapped up again. "How about you go on a date with her. Then she knows that we're not dating and she won't have a reason to glare at me any more!" Ash beamed.

"No."

"Why not?!" despair in her voice.

"You're not really asking that, are you?"

Ash pouted again. "No," she slurred unconvincing.

"Ash."

"No, I'm not serious. I just meant that it wouldn't be that much of an horror. Just go on a date and then dump her. What's the biggy?" she rambled.

"Ash!" Blaise's tone becoming more warning.

Ash gave an frustrated sigh. "It's just the glare... it's slowly driving me insane!"

"It's alright, I understand," Blaise said and added, "but I will not even think about going on a date with her," when he saw Ash's eyes light up in hope.

"How about I Blackmail her for you?" Tracy asked, "I know a lot of stuff about her that I'm sure would make her stop glaring at you."

"No, I already told you I wouldn't do that. It's immoral."

"But trying to make your best friend date her just to make her stop glaring at you isn't?"

"Um... No?"

"Hypocrite."

"Douche."

"What the -?"

"Your a douche because you wont do it."

"Would you do it?"

"Sure I would."

"OK, Draco's been mean to me for a while now. Go date him"

"That's not the same! and Lair! He hasn't been mean to you in any way."

"How would you know?"

"Because you would have told me sooner. As would have Tracy."

"OK, true... but if Draco would be mean to me and you supposedly help by going on a date with him, would you?"

"Um... probably." Ash said unsure.

"Alright. Go on a date with Draco and I will go on a date with Daphne."

"You are so not my friend," Ash glared and Blaise just smirked. "Alright. No dating. I have to think of something else."

While Blaise and Tracy just continued talking, silence surrounded Ash while she tried to think of a way to make Daphne stop with that annoying glare. Suddenly her head snapped up again. "Guy's I'll see you later, I have to go any write a letter." Ash told the others absent-mindedly while she ran into her room and started writing a small letter and a long list of requests to her cousins Fred and George...
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit of a filler I know, but I hope you still liked it!
Comment!!

100 readers!! I feel so loved!!!