Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Visit to the Library

When all of their classes had ended Draco and Ash found themselves next to each other in front of McGonagall's office door. They didn't really have the opportunity to talk at any other time throughout the day and Ash had been thinking about what Hermione had said the whole day. When she had asked Blaise and Tracy about it they had just smiled and told her to ask him - not very good help, she had decided. But what should she do about it? She couldn't just keep quiet and keep on thinking about it.

She was still thinking about it when Draco greeted her by hugging her from behind. "Hey" he whispered with a smirk playing around on his face. Ash greeted him back with a shy smile and hi. Together they went into the professors office.

She was sitting at her desk and was correcting some papers. When she heard them come in she glanced at them over her spectacles and motioned them to take a seat in front of them. Then she went back to correct her papers.

"What do you still know about about the Fera Verto spell?" she asked after a couple minutes of silence.

"It turns an animal into an water goblet." Ash answered

"Good. and what do you know about the Avifors spell?"

Again Ash shot out the answer. "It turns an object into an bird."

"Draconifors?"

"Turns a dragon statue into a real life fire-breathing dragon."

"Good job, Miss. Weasley. Do you also know why you are here?"

"Because we were disrupting your class by talking," she said with a guilty look on her face.

The professor nodded. "I won't keep you here any longer. Your real punishment will start tomorrow during class." The two Slytherins looked at McGonagall confused. "I believe that both of you are very bright students, therefore I think that your reason for talking is that you already know everything there is to know about Animagus. Hence, I want you two to show off your knowledge by teaching your classmates about it." The professor smiled at them when she finished and signalled them to leave before turning back to her papers.

Perplex the two students went out of the room and closed the door behind them "What do you know about Animagus?" Draco asked Ash when they were alone.

"It allows people to turn into Animals?" Ash asked.

"That's about as much about it as I know too."

"I guess we'll have to pull an allnighter." Draco nodded and turned to towards the library, quietly followed by Ash.

When they reached the library Ash and Draco stormed at the librarian and asked her to give them all her books concerning Animagus. Swiftly they gathered the books and sat down in an quiet corner to search through the books for some interesting facts.

The search was quiet with the exception of the occasional. "Can you give me that book?"; "Find anything interesting yet?" or "Do you already have that?". After a while they believed to have gathered everything there was about Animagi there is.

"Do you think that is enough?"

"We can say what an Animagi is, we have the laws, we have an tremendous amount of stuff with what you are not supposed to mix it up with as well as other transfigurations there are similar. Only thing that we could still get some info on is how you actually acquire the skill, but there's nothing in these books about it. Although it would be the most interesting part. Can you imagine turning into an animal? That would really be awesome." Ash told Draco shuffling through the papers they copied. "Where do you reckon we could information about that?"

"Probably the restricted section," he said with a shrug. "But we're not allowed in there without the permission of a teacher."

"Where is the restricted section?"

"We're leaning against it. Do you see the locked door over there? That's the entrance."

"Draco."

"Huh?"

"I need you to distract the Librarian, maybe ask her if she has any other books about Animagi or something around those lines."

"You will not sneak into that section!"

"Why not?"

"If they find you, you'll be expelled!"

"Is Dracie-Poo scared? Don't worry, I wont be found if you distract the Librarian successfully. I'm relying in you," Ash told him and gave him a quick hug and a kiss on his cheek. Tight-lipped Draco watched make her way towards the door and swiftly stood up and went to the librarian - outwardly cursing her stupidity and inwardly hoping she wont be caught.

Once Ash saw Draco talk to the Librarian and ushering her to the opposite end of the Library, she took out her wand and opened the locked door. With a swift glance around her and back at the vacant Librarian seat she stepped inside.

She didn't have a lot of time. Draco couldn't distract Madam Pince forever and also it was about half an hour before the library closed at 8.

Swiftly she muttered a little spell that she had stumbled across a few years ago, a spell that created a little light that swept through the library and showed her which book she needed for the task at hand. Quietly she told it that she wanted to know about how to become an Animagus and briskly followed the light through the restricted section. After passing a couple of selves the light stopped in front of a big dark book with the title "The Restricted Arts". Once Ash took the book the light extinguished. Softly she muttered a spell that made the big book in front of her into a nice convenient size that would fit into her pocket and quickly raced out of the restricted section, seeing that Draco was now arguing with the Librarian.

When he saw her he quickly apologized to the lady and raced back too there study place.

"Did you find something?" he quickly asked her when he sat down next to her. She beamed at him and nodded. "Good, because I'm probably not allowed to enter the Library ever again after today." Ash laughed and together they started packing up and putting back the books they wouldn't need any more, while keeping those they believed actually would help them with their 'class' and went to the librarian desk to check them out.

Briskly the two of them raced to the common room which they found stuffed.

"We can't learn in here," Ash pointed out. It seemed as if their house was actually having an spontaneous party.

"Nope, not really."

"Do you know any other place we could go to?"

After a few seconds of silence Draco nodded and took a hold of her hand, pulling her after him while he left the common room again. "There's the Room of Requirements. But we have to be quick, curfew will start soon." Ash nodded and followed after Draco's fast pace quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?