Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Room of Requirement and Teaching

When Draco and Ash reached the seventh floor, Draco started pacing up and down. Ash just watched him in amusement. After he went past her 3 times a door appeared in the wall.

"Nice," Ash commented and smiled at Draco who had come to a stop and opened the door to let her in. As Ash entered she was astonished at what she saw. It was an extremely comfortable little room with a fireplace, a couch and an big table to study at. "Wow, good job Draco," she said approvingly and sat down on the couch taking out the book she had taken from the restricted section. Magicking it to its original size she opened it up at the first page and started readying feverishly.

There while Draco settled himself next to Ash and began reading one of the books that they had borrowed from the library. "Don't you think that we should first concentrate on the stuff we should actually present tomorrow in class?" he asked after a while making Ash look up from her book.

"Oh... yeah, I guess your right," she said and quickly put the book away, taking one of the other ones. "What do you think McGonagall wants us to talk about?"

"I'm guessing the general stuff. Such as laws and how hard it is to acquire the skill and bladibladibla."

"Good.. so now we have the books now we only need to find the info in them and write them out. Once we have the info written out we can come up with a nice little class schedule." And that is what they did. the ready through all of the books they had, wrote out the information they found as interesting or relevant and then decided on what they would teach the others about it and how they would do it. When they finally finished it was 3 o'clock in the morning.

Ash yawned when they finished of writing the last word on their class plan. "How do teachers do it?" she asked while laying down so her head was resting on Draco's lap.

"They don't have to research the topics before, they already know it all," Draco answered.

"True, the lesson plan wasn't to hard to make after we knew all the facts... you tired yet?" Ash asked turning her head to look at her partner.

"Not really, you?"

"Nah, I'm way to excited about tomorrow to sleep and also, that book has been calling out to me since I put it away." she told Draco while staring at the book that she had gotten from the restricted section of the library. "Imagine being an Animagus! What animal do you think you would be?"

"I guess I always saw myself as more of a reptile," he answered smugly, "or carnivore."

"I always thought of you more as the ferret" Ash joked making Draco glare at her.

"You heard 'bout that?" he asked pulling a face.

"Course I did, Ron is my cousin you know." She laughed while Draco rolled his eyes at her and started playing with her hair. "Now, no jokes here, I think you are more of a snake person. I can't give a wonderful descriptive why, like you did. But I see you as a snake."

Draco smiled down at her. "Maybe. But I guess we'll never know."

"Why not?" Ash asked while sitting up and turning to face Draco. "We already have the book. Why not try it?"

"It's dangerous. Didn't you understand any of the books we just read through? We aren't the most powerful of Wizards and if you don't have enough power it could all go terribly wrong and we'd be stuck in an mutilated animal form forever!"

"Merlin! Your always such a pessimist! We are powerful, we are strong, we can do this." By now she had turned her full body to look at him and was holding his face in her hands. "Imagine turning into an animal at any given time. Explore the world from a new perspective. Running away from the hardships of being a Wizard when you can't bare it any more." Ash smiled at him brightly.

"But what if we attempt it and something goes wrong?" Draco asked one last time.

"It won't. We'll be doing this together, making sure that nothing goes wrong. We can do this," Ash grinned and then whispered into his ear, "together."

Draco stayed still for another minute not looking away from her eyes. Finally he nodded. "Lets get that book and see how its done," he smirked while Ash grinned from ear to ear and got the book. With the book in her hands she went back to Draco who pulled her down next to him and let her rest her head on his chest while they turned to the section about Animagus and started reading.

When morning came the two of them were still holding on to the book, but weren't reading it any more. They had fallen asleep at around 5. Nothing disrupted their sleep, until an alarm sounded from somewhere. Annoyed Draco woke up. It took him a minute to remember where he was, but quickly he turned off the alarm he had set on his wand the other evening. Sleepy he looked back down at the sleeping Ash, who was clutching the book they had been reading together as if her life depended on it.

She looked so peaceful when she slept. Curled up in a ball, with her hair sticking out in every direction of her head and a little smile playing on her lips, she looked like Draco always imagined an Angel.

For a while Draco just sat there watching her dreaming and breathing. He knew he would have to wake her up soon, but for another couple of minutes he just enjoyed watching her.

When he started shaking her and whispering her name into her ear she woke up instantly. Snapping her head to the side and hitting his chin in the process. With a groan Ash touched her head and looked up at Draco who was clutching his chin. "Where are we?" she asked sleepily.

"We're still in the Room of Requirement, we fell asleep at one point. But classes will soon start." he said while standing up.

"Classes... Classes! Transfigurations our first class today! Are we ready? Do we still know everything?!"

"Relax! Everything will be alright. Don't worry." Draco told her while holding her shoulders so she was looking at him.

Ash took a deep breath. "Yeah, your right. Everything will work out alright. Lets do this"

Briskly they gathered up their belongings and hurried to their common room to dump the stuff they wouldn't be needing and grab a change of cloths. Then they hurried to the Great Hall where the breakfast was about finished.

"Where were you tonight?" Tracy asked when Ash sat down next to her and Draco took a seat next to Blaise.

"We had to study," Ash told them honestly. "Our punishment for talking in class yesterday was to hold a class about Animagus. And with that little party you guys had in the common room we wouldn't have been able to get anything done, so we went somewhere else."

"Ah, and why didn't you come back?"

"We fell asleep."

"Did you get everything ready?"

Ash looked at Draco. "Yeah I think we're ready to rock this boat!" she answered with a smile.

There next stop was the Transfiguration classroom, where Professor McGonagall was already waiting for them.

"Alright you two. I hope you came prepared. This class will make half of your semester grade."

"You didn't tell us that before!" Ash said shocked.

"Well, I'm sure you'll manage," the professor told them and then turned to look at the class. "Listen everyone. Today I will not be teaching you," a murmur started to go around the room. "Today Mr. Malfoy and Miss. Weasley offered to take over for me and will teach you about Animagus." Stunned silence filled the room as McGonagall went to the table Ash and Draco normally occupied and sat down.

Everyone stared up at them, as they prepared for the two Syltherin's to make a fool out of themselves. Draco and Ash shared one last glance before they started talking at the same time, making everyone snicker.

The two of them fell silent again when Draco signalled Ash to start. Nodding Ash turned to look at the class and smiled. "As Professor McGonagall already pointed out, we will be telling you a bit about Animagus. What do you guys know about Animagus?" she asked looking around. When nobody answered she focused her eyes on Harry and Ron who were trying to hold back laughter. "Mr. Weasley? Do you know what an Animagus is?"

Ron looked up shocked. "Um, a Animagus is a wizard or witch that can turn themselves into Animals." he answered glaring at Ash, because she pinpointed him.

"Exactly." She smiled and looked at the rest of the class. "An Animagus is an Wizard or Witch that can morph into the form of an Animal at will. You are not to mix them up with an Metamorphmagus nor Lycanthrophy because the magic behind it and the process of becoming one is very different."

Draco went on. "For your reference. A Metamorphmagus is a witch or wizard that is born with the ability to change they appearance at will, while Lycanthrophs are infected and Animagus go through a hard procedure to become an Animagus.

"Do any of you know another difference between Lycanthrophs and Animagus? - Potter."

"Lycantrophs are forced to change and lose their personality when they change, where as Animagus can change any given time and keep their personality."

"Correct. There are also other differences between normal Transfiguration and Animagus Transfigurations... " Draco carried on.

They talked about the registration law by the Government, where at this point in time only 6 Animagi were registered - including Professor McGonagall. They talked about the penalties of being an unregistered Animagus - a 5 year sentence in Azkaban. They talked about known Animagi throughout history - including Falco Aesalon the first recorded Animagi. They taught about the special traits of an Animagus in their Animal form - asking the Professor to change into her Cat-Form and showing the others the dark rings around the cats eyes, indicating her glasses. Then they told them about the problems of becoming an Animagus and showed them nice little pictures they found about how it looks when the transformation goes wrong.

When the class was over their peers actually clapped and congratulated them on the successful class. As did the Professor, who seemed more them pleased with their performance. "Good job you two," she told them. "How did you like being the teacher for once?"

"Never again," Draco answered without a second thought which Ash second.

"Now, now, you did a great job. But I hope you learned that you should not talk during my classes." The two of them nodded eagerly when she said that and then rushed out of the class room to get to their next classes.

Just before they had to split up Ash turned and asked Draco: "Wanna meet up at the Room of Requirement after school again to try it out?"

"Sure, I'll see you there!"
♠ ♠ ♠
How did you like it?

It's about time for a little magic, right?

Comments!?