Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

The Promise

When Draco appeared in the common room Ash was already waiting for him. After a short kiss they joined hands and started making their way towards the carriages.

Walking up to them, Ash stopped for a second to look at the dark horses that pulled them, Thestrals. A wave of sadness flooded her, like every time she saw these magnificent beasts. It reminded her of the reason why she was able to see them, the death of her parents.

"I don't think they should keep using Thestrals as carriage horses," she stated when Draco came to a stop next to her.

Draco looked at her confused. "Why's that?"

"Whoever can see them, is reminded of the time that they saw someone die... isn't that sad?"

"I guess so... You can see them?"

"Yeah..." she answered but didn't say anything else. Up to this time, she had only told Blaise about her past and she wanted to keep it that way. Sensing that she didn't want to talk about it, Draco didn't ask and further questions.

"You know that you can tell me everything, right?"

Ash smiled up at the blond teen holding on to her and nodded but she didn't utter a word.

Quietly they went into one of the carriages and drove down to Hogsmeade.

Their first stop was the Three Broomsticks, where they got something to eat and drink, before walking through the small town, towards the forest.

"You know... you never talk about your life back in Germany."

Ash tensed a bit, "yeah..."

"Tell me about it!"

"Well... I don't really know what there is to tell, I'm in England now. I don't want to live in the past, but in the present."

Draco frowned at her, "what do you mean?"

"Before I came here, I lived in the past. I couldn't forget and forgive, but since I'm here I decided that its a start of a new life, no need to think back."

"I don't know. I like thinking back. Life was easier then."

"Was it? Really? Or did we just not notice the horrors around us?"

Draco smiled. "Its still nice to remember the sorrow free life before school."

Ash looked at him and smiled at his peaceful face as he remembered a happy memory from his past. "Yeah, life before school was bliss," she said while remembering the first time she and her parents had gone to the park together in winter and had an gigantic snowball fight. Life truly was bliss back then. The smiles, the laughter, the fun... "But school changes things."

"Yeah, school changes things," Draco agreed. They both fell silent.

"Ash... Why did you come to England anyway?"

"Draco, please. I - I can't talk about it right now."

"Will you tell me at one point?"

"I will."

"Promise?"

Ash raised an eyebrow and looked at him, he was still looking straight ahead. Did she really want to tell him about her past? About her friends who would never remember her? About the horrors she saw before she came to England? About why Patrick had attacked them? ... Yes, she would. He deserved to know. Especially because he never rushed her to explain, never asked who the person that made then go through the torment really was. "Promise." she smiled.

Finally they reached the edge of the forest and like they did the other times they had come here, they transformed into their animal forms - Draco wrapping himself around his girlfriends waist - and dashed through the thicket and onto the lonesome clearing at the cliff that they had spend the end of their first date.

The beautiful view still made them gasp, when they reached the edge. Unlike the first time though, they didn't change back right away, but stayed in their animal forms. Lying down next to each other on the warm stone and watching the nature bloom, listened to the birds chirp and and the sun wander through the sky.

Imagine how this will look in spring, Draco hissed and moved his head so it was looking at her.

Magnificent, Ash agreed and looked at him again. Lets come here again when Spring s in full bloom. Not before that though.

The yellow snake let out a soft chuckle. Alright, but then you've got to tell me about your past.

The gray wolf scowled a it but then nodded her head, it's a deal

The snake shook its head, Its a promise.

Again a comfortable silence fell over the two as they continued string over the cliff and onto the panorama sight in front of them.

All of a sudden Draco changed back into his original form and turned to look at the surprised gray wolf with the red streaks. "Ash. Sing something for me."

The wolf coxed her head to one side before changing back to her own human form. "Sing for you?"

"Yes. I want to hear you sing."

Ash blushed, she never actually sung for someone. Of course she had sung in front of other people, even solos and on a stage, but she never actually had someone she every sung too.

"What do you want to hear?"

"Anything. Just sing the first thing that comes to your mind."

Ash's tongue brushed over her lips. "But there's no music."

Now it was Draco's time to crook his eyebrows at her. "You don't need any."

"Alright... Its a song that I'm learning right now in Muggle Music - I'd sing you one of the songs from Music, but we're doing a little show on Halloween and you'd bore yourself if you'd already know the songs," she said softly with a smile before taking a deep breath and let the lyrics leave her mouth in a magical tune that filled the clearing with wonderful vibrations.

What makes some one special?
I suppose it all depends,
it's what's unique in each of us
that we all share as friends.

The difference is our differences,
maybe small or great,
variety adds spice to life,
so we should celebrate!

In Harmony, harmony!
You're you, I'm me,
together we can live in Harmony!

If there was only one note.
How boring life would be,
I'm glad there are so many notes,
in many different keys!

I hear each voice singing,
with a special quality,
and when we sing together,
we bring music to the sea!

In Harmony, harmony!
You're you, I'm me,
together we can live in Harmony!

In Harmony, harmony!
You're you, I'm me,
together we can live in Harmony!

In Harmony, harmony!
You're you, I'm me,
together we can live in Harmony!

You're you, I'm me,
together we can live in Harmony!


When the last note escaped her lips, she quickly shut her mouth and looked at Draco expectantly. His eyes where big in wonder as he stared at her, mouth hanging slightly ajar.

"I love you," Draco whispered looking into Ash's emerald green eyes, making her gasp.

Smiling at him, she quietly marvelled at his face and expression while the setting sun tainted his face in a soft red light. Staying silent she leaned up to him and gave him a loving kiss before whispering "I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Song: 'In Harmony' from The Little Mermaid 3

HEY PEOPLE!! Sorry for the late update, but I'm writing exams right now (I shouldn't even have updated right now because I'm supposed to learn...)

Anyway, I hope you like it!
Comments?