Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Getting Ready

The performance had been an utter success and she couldn’t get people to stop congratulating her for the exceeding charming performance, in which she made the dished race out of the kitchen and onto their table, where they danced.

Right now she was getting ready for the upcoming Halloween Ball that she would be attending in a short while with Tracy.

They had eaten the Halloween Feast together in the Great Hall earlier that evening and were now in their dorm room getting ready.

“Merlin! I still can’t believe your performance! The way you floated above us all and made all the dishes dance and sing at your command!” Tracy sighed with a huge grin on her face and flung herself on top of her bed. “How did you do it?”

Ash laughed, “how often do you want to ask me that again? I practised and practised and practised and at one point it was good enough to be performed!”

“Yeah, but what spell did you use?”

“Again, how often will you ask? I already told you. It’s a S.E.C.R.E.T,” she sang while grinning at her friend and wagging her finger in her direction.

“You suck,” she whined.

They were alone in the room. Pansy and Daphne had ran out of the room as soon as they had entered - probably going to their wannabe’s room to change. Ash had too hold back a snicker at the pug's face when she had joined the group after the show. Her eyes where as big as the dishes that she had moved around the hall and she had paled when Ash looked at her with a grin, jokingly saying, "I'm good at magic, ain't I? And you know, I can do so much more..."

Anyway, Ash was secretly wishing they’d just stay at their wannabe's place for the rest of the year, then she wouldn't have to live with the constant glares any more and they wouldn’t continue annoying her every night with their empty threats.

Quickly she changed into her Elizabethan style costume and placed the gigantic white haired wig on top of her head. Next she put on some light make up and soon she felt pleased with the way she looked. If the dress was a bit longer, she could have really been from the Era she portrayed.

Turning she looked at Tracy who was still fighting with her hair.

“Need help?”

“Your finished?”

“Yup.”

“You really do suck...”

“And still you hang out with me... What does that say about you?”

“That I’m a sucker for losers?”

Ash laughed at her friend, “if you say so.”

Tracy shot a look at Ash, “wow, you look amazing!”

Ash blushed, “I know.”

“You know that confident answer doesn’t work with the blush.”

“That’s what you say.”

Tracy shook her head while returning her attention to her hair.

While Ash waited for Tracy to finally finish her hair, she thought back to the day in the Room of Requirement when they had chosen the costumes. Seeing Draco’s ice blue eyes light up when he saw her emerge from the racks with her newly found costume. Seeing him smirk while - hopefully - thinking that he had a beautiful date. But she also saw Blaise's eyes widen a bit when she came out, and his chocolate brown eyes didn't leave her inner eye any more.

Forcibly she got herself to imagine Draco waiting for her in the common room, together with Blaise, while cursing them for taking so long. Well, it wasn’t her fault, it’s defiantly Tracy that's taking so long.

Ash glanced at her friend to see that she moved on to the make up.

“Tracy, I just remembered. You didn’t tell me who are you going with?”

The black head shot up and looked at her. “Um, I’m going with Blaise,” she said while watching Ash intently.

Ash frowned, “with Blaise?”

Tracy nodded.

Ash stared at her emotionless, then she cracked a sincere smile. “Wow. I didn’t know you guys where like that.”

“Oh, no we aren’t like that that. We’re just friends that didn’t have dates and decided to go together.”

Ash crooked an eyebrow at her. “Its your own fault for not saying yes to any of the 20 guys that asked you to go there with them!”

“Oh, it weren’t 20 people!”

“OK, 14, still a lot guys that you rejected and Blaise didn’t even ask anyone, otherwise he’d have like 20 dates as well!” Tracy opened her mouth to argue, but Ash was right. “You guys are impossible!” Ash laughed.

Seeing Ash laugh, Tracy also cracked a smile, “I guess your right. But Blaise and I really don’t like each other that way.”

"Sure you don’t," Ash winked at Tracy jokingly "By the way. Are you finally ready?”

Tracy grinning and ran over her lips with lipstick one more time. “Yes I am.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit short but I hope you liked it!!

Comments?