Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Christmas Eve I

When they arrived at the Malfoy Manor - around an hour later - the sky was black and the manor was flooded in rays of light, making ever detail of the house visible even in the darkness.

It was an gigantic villa, though not quite as big as the Zabini household. It was fashioned in an early renaissance style - indicating that the manor was in the hands of the Malfoy for a very long time already.

Someone had conjured up snow around the house, making it and the landscape around it a sea of glittering white fluffy snow.

"Come on dears, lets get into the warmth," Oriana said warmly to the two teenagers, before closing her eyes for a second and putting on the mask of the rich and arrogant billionaire and model, that everyone thought she was, but Ash knew she only played.

She saw Blaise copy her and had to hold in a small giggle. But swiftly she followed suit and got in control of her every feature and emotion.

Gracefully the group of four advanced to the villa's entrance and rang the door bell. Swiftly the door was pulled open and they were granted entrance by a bowing House-elf.

"Ah! My dear Oriana! How wonderful to see you," Mrs. Malfoy said light heartedly, floating towards them. "And Hector! Always a pleasure," she added holding out her hand, which Hector took and gently kissed.

"All the pleasure is mine," he said flirtatiously, making Blaise and Ash roll their eyes and Mrs. Malfoy giggle like a horny teenager.

"Ah! Blaise, nice that you are joining us as well!" she said quickly moving on and giving Blaise a kiss on each of his cheeks.

"And Ash - I may call you that, right?" smiling Ash nodded.

"Please do."

"Good. Ash. How wonderful for you to join us. Draco hasn't stopped talking about you," she said her voice receiving an unwelcoming tone.

"I do hope only good," she said, trying her best to ignore the chilled feeling she got.

"More or less," Draco's mother said with a little laugh, but her eyes didn't laugh with her as she looked Ash up and down.

"You look very beautiful tonight," she said coolly.

"Thank you. May I complement you on your house? It's very exquisite."

"Thank you, my dear. If you excuse me..." she said stiffly, before placing a kiss on both of her cheeks and flying of too the next guests that just arrived. Ash could have sworn she heard the lady mutter, "as if a Weasley could distinguish between nice and ugly".

A bit dumb folded Ash looked at Blaise with a frozen smile and wide panicked eyes. "She doesn't like me, does she?" she asked - her mouth barely moving.

"No, no... she just needs to... get used to you?"

"Thanks for the try," Ash said with a sigh.

"No problem."

"You do know you failed miserably?"

"Yeah, I guessed."

"Good, just wanted to make sure... but did she really just say that?"

"About the Weasley? I heard it too."

"Unbelievable..." she said shaking her head and together they followed the other guests into the lounge which lead to the ballroom, in which the festivities were taking place.

As they strode into the ballroom, Ash could see Draco with his back towards her whispering into Pansy's ear.

Stiffening a bit she tugged on Blaise's arm, making him look at her. "Don't say anything to Draco about this," she said quietly.

"You mean about Narcissa?"

"Is that her name? Yeah, that and about Diagon Alley, understood?"

"Sure, no problem."

Ash looked up at him with grateful eyes. "Thank you, Blaise."

"You can always count on me."

Together they walked up to the teenagers of the party.

"Hey you guys!" Blaise said grinning, getting the attention of the group.

"Blaise! Ash! Good to see you guys! I'm happy you finally made it!" Chase said grinning at them. Quickly he picked Ash up from the ground and twirled her around in greeting.

When he stood still again, Ash giggled and pried herself loose of Chase grip, slapping his arm playfully.

"How have you been?"

"Quite good, I suppose... but without you its just no fun!" he whined, but quickly sobered up - standing straight - as he looked over Ash's shoulder. Confused she turned around and saw Draco standing behind her.

"Draco!" she called loudly, turned around to fully face her boyfriend and passionately pressed her lips against his. She felt him smirk before winding his arms around her body and pulling her deeper into the kiss.

When they needed air again, Draco rested his forehead against hers. "Hey Ash," - "Hey Draco," they whispered to each other a soft smile playing on their lips.

"Do you know that you look stunning tonight?" he whispered quietly.

"Only stunning? I think I look like the perfect being tonight," she joked and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"You certainly do," he agreed and took her hand, leading her away from the others.

"How are you?" Ash asked quietly, while she and Draco separated themselves from the crowed a bit.

"I'm doing quiet well," he said, rubbing his left arm.

"Does your arm hurt?" she asked concerned as she took his left arm in her hand. Quickly he pulled it out of her reach.

"No. No... It just itched a bit."

"OK..." she said concern still present in her voice. "So, tell me. What have you been up to?" she asked.

"Not much really. Mostly boring myself to death in my bedroom."

"Really? Also this weekend?"

"Yeah, but why do you ask?"

"I don't know... I missed you! I wish I could spend more time with you in the holidays."

"Yeah..." he said a bit uncomfortable. "I wish I could spend more time with you as well."

"But you just said that your not doing anything! How about we meet up tomorrow? It's my fathers birthda-" she started but was quickly interrupted by Draco.

"Sorry, tomorrow doesn't work I'm booked... My mom wants me to help her out with something..."

"And you can't do it another time? I mean, I would just love for my parents to get to know you, and what's a better time then my fathers birth-"

"No, sorry Ash. Absolutely not possible," he told her again annoyed.

Ash tightened her jaw, "alright... I just thought -"

"I'm really sorry Ash, but it's not possible."

"Yeah..." Ash muttered quietly to herself and looked at the floor holding back the tears. Slowly she took a few steps away from him and inhaled deeply. Quietly she muttered something about going to the toilet while smiling at the blond boy and quickly dashed past a confused Draco to the direction he pointed to when he heard the destination.

Rushing into the bathroom she quickly threw the door shut and locked it behind her.

Silently she slid down the door, holding back her tears - she needed to go out of the toilet soon and didn't want to ruin her make up.

Closing her eyes she put her head in her neck and then starred at the ceiling when she opened them again, willing the tears gone.

He didn't even listen to me... she thought in despair and glared at the ceiling.

When she felt her eyes dry again and believed it to be save for her to walk out of the toilet and face Draco without falling tears, she stood up again and opened the door.

"Sorry that I took so long," she apologized to the lady next in line and casually past her and went back into the ballroom.

When she joined the group again, Draco was once again talking to Pansy. "Hey Pug-face, how has your weekend been?" she said walking up behind Draco and hugging his waist from behind.

Pansy's eyes narrowed at her.

"Don't call her that," Draco muttered and Ash froze.

"What?"

"I said you shouldn't call her that," he said again, only louder. "She's also a person you know."

"Um, yeah..." Ash said confused and gave Pansy a short glare. Shaking her head she let go of Draco and turned to join the other teenagers.

"No, Ash. I didn't mean it like that..." Draco said, wrapping her arms around Ash's waist.

"Then how did you mean it? Huh?" she said ripping loose of his arms and glaring into his eyes.

Draco gulped and she noticed that he was looking at the people around them.

"Oh forget it Draco!" she spat and stormed out of the room again. If he really wanted to talk, he'd follow her.

She was right, as soon as she reached the balcony and sent a Houseelf to get her and Draco's jacket, Draco stopped next to her.

"Did you really needed to make a scene in there?" he asked while catching his breath.

"That in there wasn't a scene yet, Draco and you know it. As soon as our jackets are here and we are outside you will know what a scene is!" she fumed at him and impatiently tapped her foot against the floor.

Only seconds later the Houseelf appeared before them and gave them their jackets.

Silently they slid out of the balcony door.

"What's up with you and Pansy?" Ash shot as soon as the door closed behind Draco.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh don't talk to me like that! Ever since I've came here, I can see you two in a corner whispering to each other!"

"We're friends, that's all," Draco tried to reason.

"Friends?" Ash shrieked. "Since when are you two friends? As far as I remember you still laughed with me when I called her pug-face only four days ago and now you tell me to not call her that - she's a human being? What the fuck Draco?" she screamed and threw her hands up in the air.

"Ash calm down," he said quietly.

"Calm down!? Calm down!? Why the hell should I calm down," she screamed but then took a deep breath and the next words came out more of a plead, "Draco, please, tell me what happened in the past four days?"

"It's nothing really. Her and my parents are just really good friends... she's been spending a lot of time here and we started talking again," he said looking everywhere but in her eyes.

"Is that all that happened?" she asked calmly.

"Yeah, it is."

"So there's nothing going on between you and Pansy?"

"No!" he said finally looking her in the eyes with panic, "I would never do that to you," he assured her.

Ash looked down at the ground beneath her. "I believe you," she said and smiled at him with a small sad smile.

"Good," he said kissing her lips softly. "Now lets go back in. It's freezing out here!" he said with a smile and pulled her inside again.

When they entered the ballroom again Pansy swiftly joined then, making Ash stiffen again.

"Can't you try to get along with her?" Draco asked whispering into her ear and looking into her eyes pleadingly, while wrapping his arms around Ash's waist again.

"As far as I remember it wasn't me that started the fraud," she muttered and nearly chocked as Pansy nodded her head happily, saying how sad she was that they weren't friends any more.

Still, she smiled at Pansy and gave Draco a reassuring hug, while whispering into his ear, "I'll try".
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
Hope you liked the Chapter!
Second part will come up tomorrow morning!
Comments?