Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Christmas Eve II

She talked to Draco and Pansy for a short while, but soon pried of Draco's arms telling him she would go talk a bit with the others. Draco looked a bit annoyed at her leaving but nodded and let her go.

Promptly she and walked up to Blaise who was still talking to Chase and the Goons.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey Ash! Where have you been?"

"Here and there."

"Where were you and lover boy just now? Did you by any chance vanish into his room?" Chase asked, making Ash laugh.

"And look this perfect afterwards?" she joked, "No, my dear, also its the first evening I am able to impress the parental unit. I don't think it would really make me popular with them."

"If you say so..."

"The main problem, however as I see it, is separating him from the pug though," she murmured incoherently, and looked over her shoulder at Draco and Pansy who were talking to Draco's mother happily.

With an annoyed sigh she ripped her gaze from the sight and listened in to what the boys where talking about.

"Yeah the new nimbus is a blast!" she joined into the conversation, " I wish I had that!"

"Well who knows, maybe you'll get it soon!" Blaise joked and gently nudged her shoulder.

"Don't even indicate that!"

"Believe me, I'm didn't buy you a Nimbus!"

"I better hope so!" Ash glared at Blaise who just laughed and extended his arm to rub her head, but she quickly swatted his hand away and took a ninja stance. "Don't mess with my hair!" she growled, making the boys around her burst out laughing.

"Alright, alright. No touching the hair!" Blaise chuckled and raised his hands in a defending stance.

"Good," she said and regained her composed pose.

Silence spread for a bit, until Vincent - more commonly known as Crabbe - broke the silence. "Blaise said that you would be participating at the Annual Broom Race."

"Yeah, Hector was so awesome to let me take his place this year!" Ash beamed.

"Really? Damn it! I have to get my parents to go there and cheer for you!" Chase said before his eyes widened "That reminds me! My parents wanted to met you!" he gasped and grabbed her hand before pulling her behind him.

A few metres later he stopped in his tracks, making Ash collide with him. "What the-?" she said before she noticed that Draco's father had placed himself before him.

"Miss Weasley," he said with a nod, which Ash hurriedly copied.

"Please, Mr. Malfoy, call me Ash," she said quietly.

Mr. Malfoy gave her a forced smile.

"Who is this beauty?" a cloaked figure asked in a hiss and appeared beside Draco's father.

The Malfoy stiffened nearly unnoticeable and glanced to his left with a short nod of his head.

"This in my sons girlfriend, my -" he said swallowing the persons name.

"Ah, he has very good taste." The cloaked figure hissed and a chill ran down Ash's spine as he extended his long spidery fingers towards her. "May I ask you name?"

"It's Ash."

"And what family do you belong to? I don't think I have seen you around."

"I'm a Weasley, sir," she answered quietly and reluctantly placed her hand in his.

"Draco is going out with a Gryffindor?"

"No, she's a Slytherin, my -" Draco's father quickly corrected and choked on the man's title. again

"A Weasley in Slytherin... interesting, very interesting," the person seemingly hissed and let go of her hand.

Immediately she pulled her hand away and hid it behind her back.

"Ash," Mr. Malfoy said, requesting her attention again. "Draco told us that you want to become a singer? Is that correct?"

"Y-y-yes," she said, her body shaking softly of fear from the cloaked person, he creeped her out to no ends.

"Would you do us the favour of singing a song for our guests?" he asked with a smile and Ash nodded looking at Chase - who was still standing next to her - for reassurance.

"Thank you," Mr. Malfoy said, emotionless and gestured for her to follow him as he went to the band that was playing in once of the rooms corners. "This is Ash. She will sing a small song for us right now." Turning to look at her, he asked "What would you like to sing?"

"Um... Hallelujah?" she suggested as nothing better came to her mind.

Mr. Malfoy nodded curtly and gestured for her to take the stage. Swiftly he called for the attention of his guests. "Ladies and Gentleman! If I may just have your attention for a couple of moments," he said and soon the hall was quiet, everyone's attention on the host and the young women next to him. "If I may introduce, this is my sons girlfriend. She would like to enjoy us with a short song," he said bored and walked of the stage, not giving Ash another glance.

Standing on the stage alone, Ash swallowed hard before the piano started playing for her. She closed her eyes and let the music take a hold of her. Immediately she forgot about the world around her.

I heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
You don't really care for music, do ya?
Well, it goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Well, your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya
Well, she tied you to a kitchen chair
She broke your throne, and cut your hair
And from your lips she drew Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Baby I've been here before,
I've seen this room and I've walked the floor,
I used to live alone before I knew ya
But I've seen your flag on the marble arch,
Our love is not a victory march,
It's a cold and its a broken hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Maybe there's a God above,
But all I've ever learnt from love,
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya,
It's not a cry that you hear at night,
It's not someone who's seen the light,
It's a cold and broken hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah


Everything was silent when she finished the song and opened her eyes again to look at the crowed. Slowly, one by one the people started clapping for her and soon praised her for the outstanding performance.

Smiling, she bowed low to the people in front of her and thanked the piano player, before leaving the stage. Grinning, she saw that Draco had moved towards the stage and now came took her into his arms and placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Was I good?" she asked with a soft smile.

"You were absolutely fantastic! I thought an angel descended from heaven," he smiled and brushed away a small strand of hair that had fallen into her face.

A few hours later Ash and the Zabini's decided to head towards home - otherwise they wouldn't get home before dawn.

"Goodbye Draco," Ash said softly hugging her boyfriend tightly. "Are you sure you don't have any time later today?" she asked quietly, staring at his chest.

"No. I told you already. My dad wants me to help him with something," Draco said.

"I thought it was your mother..."

Draco inhaled sharply. "Both of them want me to do something for them."

"Oh, OK... Well, we're still in England for a few hours, so if you have time..."

"Yeah I'll tell you," he said before placing his lips above hers. "Goodnight," he whispered into her ear before letting Blaise take her from him.

"I love you" she called towards him, but Draco had already vanished back into the crowed...
♠ ♠ ♠
Song: Hallelujah from K.D. Lang

Here's the second part of the Christmas Party! Hope you liked it!
Comments?