Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

I Love It!

The sun shone brightly as the strawberry blond girl woke up the next morning, with the sun in her eyes.

"Did this really happen?" she asked herself, as she lay under her warm bed cover and stared at the ceiling. Slowly she turned her head left and saw the trophy standing next to her. "Merlin!" she screamed and jumped out of bed with a grin, taking the trophy in her hands. "I ... I really did it!" she cheered happily.

To her all of yesterdays events seemed to her like a dream. Starting, flying, fighting, getting in third... Draco coming and cheering for her... the after party with professional Quidditch players that had known her name! Could that really have been reality?

But she had the trophy that told her, "yes it is reality."

Without caring how she looked, without changing cloths or running under the shower, Ash rushed into Blaise's room.

"Blaise!" she cried and jumped on top of the - still - sleeping boy.

"Oh, bloody Merlin, Ash! You're heavy!"

"No I'm not! I'm light as a feather."

"Then why do I feel you jumping on me?"

"Because your over sensitive!"

"Yeah, sure I am. Now if you excuse me, I need to sleep."

"I got third at the Annual Broom Race!"

"I know, I've been there! I've seen it."

"I got third in the Annual Broom Race."

"I know."

"I got third in the Annual Broom Race."

Blaise opened his eyes and looked up at the beaming girl in front of him. He sighed gently, admitting defeat and knowing that Ash would not let him sleep any longer.

"Congratulations Ash," he said sitting up and hugging Ash tightly.

"I can't believe it!"

"I know. You did quite well."

Ash grinned up at him, "only well?" she asked faking offend, "I am the absolute most awesome person in this room right now!"

"Yes, you defiantly are" he told her smiling and suddenly noticed she was still in her sleeping wear - which do to her drunkenness of the last night consisted of a bra and underwear. Blaise cleared his throat, "would you mind changing?"

"Huh?"

"Clothes."

"Huh?"

"Put on clothes!" he told her grabbing her shoulders and shaking his friend.

"Oh," she said looking down, she hadn't noticed her outfit yet. Slowly she blushed. "Be right back," she muttered before getting of the bed and running back into her room.

"Geez... That girl trusts me way to much..." Blaise mumbled to himself as he got of the bed and got ready for the day himself.

++++++

"Good Morning Oriana, morning Hector! Isn't it a wonderful day today?" Ash asked joining the two adults in the dinning room with Blaise at her side.

"Morning you two," Oriana said, "when did you get back?"

Ash looked at Blaise questioningly. "6 AM?" she asked unsure.

"Yeah... That sounds about right."

"Really? You must have been having fun."

"Yeah, it was awesome!"

"Is Draco still sleeping?"

"No, he didn't come home with us," Blaise answered.

"Oh... OK."

"By the way, what time is it now?"

"12.30."

"Ah... hmm... never before slept so long," Ash mumbled, sitting down in her assigned seat left of Oriana.

A few minutes of silence spread across the table, the only sound coming from Hector who was reading the news paper. After quietly eating her breakfast, she looked up at the paper and nearly fell of the chair by what she saw.

Her picture was happily displayed on the front page of the Daily Prophet, covering a whole quarter of the page. In the picture she just took the bronze trophy and was grinning and waving the my family, who seemed to have been exactly in the direction of the camera because it looked as if she was waving and smiling right at the reader. Right next to it was a big headline. Hogwarts student Ash Weasley is third at Annual Broom Race

Without warning Hector, Ash ripped the Prophet out of his hands and starred at the page in front of her.

"Hey!" Hector bellowed, but stayed quiet when he saw her staring at her own face.

Finally a English citizen is standing at the top of Broom Racing, once again. Ashlin Weasley, commonly known as Ash, placed third in yesterdays Annual Broom Race, right after Olaf Andersen - who won the race the third time in a row - and Tina Lundstrom. "I'm ecstatic!" she told the Daily Prophet in an interview. "I can't believe I actually managed.
Only getting the invitation 15 minutes before registration stop, Ash's start was not quite as smooth as her race was... continued on page 3


"I'm in the newspapers," she said.

"Yeah, what did you expect?" Hector asked, "you got third place in the Annual Broom Race. Its a big thing. Especially because there were no British that finished the race as one of the top three in the last 20 years or so."

"23 years" Ash corrected reading it from the newspaper, still not really understanding why she was looking at her picture in the Daily Prophet.

"Um, honey... you also got quite a few owls..." Oriana told her quietly, while motioning for a house-elf to bring in a sack full of letters.

"Holy Moly... Is there anything interesting from people I know in there?" she asked quietly, staring at the bag in shock.

"Look through it yourself."

And that is what she did, after finishing her food, she took the letters up to her room and sat on one of the couches, looking through the letters.

"Don't know her, don't know her, don't know her..." she muttered and placed the letters next to her.

"Malfoy?" she said surprised as she saw a letter with the address of the Malfoy Manor on it. Quickly she opened the letter.

Dear Ash,

We congratulate you on your victory at the Annual Broom Race, and would welcome it if you could join my family and I during dinner today.

We would appreciate you coming to the Malfoy Manor at 23.00 o'clock, dressed in your best dress.

See you this evening,
Narcissa Malfoy


Ash read through it again ten times, grinning. She was able to see Draco again tonight! This day really can't get any better! she thought happily, as she read through the other letters.

She also got letters from Ron and Ginny, Hermione and Harry, Tracy and a couple others by people she knew from school and that wanted to congratulate her.

"Your starting to get famous, aren't you?" Blaise asked from her bedroom door as he watched her read through all the letters and reply to them.

Ash beamed back at him, "so it seems!"

"You like it?"

"I love it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Hope you liked the chapter!
Comment!