Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

The new Seeker

It had been a stupid idea.

Changing seekers in the middle of the season! How in the name of Merlin did she ever come up with this idea? - Questions like these shot through her mind as she was standing in the icy pouring rain, her team mates and the try-outers for the new seeker position standing in front of her.

Slowly she let her eyes wander into the sky and sweep over the spectator benches. Through the rain she couldn't see everything, but she was sure that she saw Harry, Ron and Hermione sitting there, also there was the Hufflepuff Captain and a couple of Slytherins that were cheering for their friends.

She was a bit disappointed that she couldn't see her former Captain anywhere, but it didn't matter.

Growling she wiped the rain from her eyes pulled herself together, she let her gaze wonder over the newcomers.

"Lean, light and cunning. Those are the main characteristics of a Seeker. They have to be fast. They have to be agile. They have to be determined," Ash shouted over the sound of the rain, forcing everyone's focus on her.

"Being the Seeker of a Quidditch Team is one of the hardest jobs there is. 150 points are in it for the team. You are the ones that will determine when the game will end and if we will be able to win or not. Is that clear to you all?" she asked looking at all the people one by one.

When they all nodded she continued, "the other teams will try to make your life a living hell as soon as you are on the pitch. They will foal you, throw you of guard, cut you, hit you, try to make you quit the game. They will do anything to make us, you, lose."

"We are searching for the best, so I expect of you to show us all you've got while your out there. And trust me, it will not be easy," a cheer raced through the existing team, while the people that were on the trail seemed a bit shaken by her words.

"We will start off with a small... speed test. The rules are simple. You will be trying to catch Isabel. If you can't keep up with her you are no use to us. If you can catch her, you get extra credits."

"Now, we will do this one by one. Mafalda!" she said and a small girl stepped forward. "All right on your brooms," Ash said. "Go!" she screamed and the two girls flew away.

It was hopeless. Isabel was already ten miles in front of the petite girl in a matter on minutes.

"Come back!" Ash shouted disappointed, magnifying her voice with her wand.

Once the two racers reached the group again, Ash send out the next.

This routine continued for nearly 20 rounds, until they had cut the newcomers to the proud number of 5.

"Alright. Now we want to continue with Harper, Kennedy, Richards, Pritchard and Piper. the rest of you are no good and can leave now," she said a bit annoyed. She had hoped that she'd have a bigger selection in the second round.

Quieting all the objections with a small glare and a swing of her beaters bat, she waited for all the sore losers to finally back away and leave the pitch before continuing the try-outs.

"The second test will be that of agility." Ash looked at her team mates, her eyes stopping at Graham. With a nod she told him to get on his broom and rise into the air. "Again, your test will be simple. Follow Montague. Do what ever he does," she told them and watched them rise into the air.

All together in a line they flew after Graham, who dove to the ground - only pulling up a few meters above the ground. He flew loops and through the hoops on the goals. He flew fast and then rapidly sowed down - making a few of them collide with him and the others. When they collided with him a second time, Ash saw the furry in Graham's face and she wasn't very happy either. Quickly she hit the box with the balls open and released one of the Bludgers, which she expertly smashed towards the flying huddle.

"You have to be able to stop and speed at any time," she cursed loudly and jumped on her broom. Rushing towards the Bludger and sending it flying towards the Seekers again. "NEVER get hit by Bludgers. IGNORE the shouts from the crowd and FIND that snitch I released a second ago. Who finds it first will have the spot," she screamed and hit the Bludger at the next Seeker.

Again and again she hit the Bludger, hitting the Seeker candidates over and over as they frantically searched for the golden shimmer in the rain.

At one point Chase and the other Chasers followed her example and took one of the beating bats to quicken the Bludgers race, while every now and the cutting the speeding candidates when they tried to reach something.

At first the try-out seemed to be futile, but after about ten minutes, one of the candidates started to get a flow of the game, changing heights when one of the others tried to cut him, expertly dodging all Bludgers and fists.

Soon enough the kid was holding the snitch in his hands triumphantly, a smirk featuring his face.

When Ash saw him, a small smile crept on her face and she nodded approvingly.

Slytherin had found a new seeker. The sixth year, Henry Harper.

"Congratulations Harper," Ash said clapping their new Seeker on the back as they stood in the changing room. "I'm happy to have you on the team," then she added, "this will be your locker from now on. Any questions?"

"No."

"Good, then I'll be expecting you tomorrow on the field at 7."

"At 7?"

"Yeah."

"But tomorrow is Saturday!"

"Your point being?" Ash asked annoyed, daring him to repeat what he just thought. When he didn't say anything, she continued. "That's what I thought. Listen kid, in only a weeks time we are having a match against Hufflepuff. A match that we would like to win. You will have to go through intensive training, my dear. Now, take your time in here and settle down. I'll see you tomorrow at the field."

"At 7."

"At 7."

Harper nodded his head sharply and soon ran out of the changing room to get back to the castle were dinner was about to be served.

"So he's my exchange?" a voice suddenly sounded from behind Ash - the only one left in the changing room.

"Yeah, you've got a problem with that?"

"No. He seemed... good enough." Draco said nearing Ash, who tried her best not to turn around and look at him. "But he isn't as good as me," he added when he stood right behind her, bodies touching lightly - his breath stroking her cheek.

"When I'm done with him, he will be," Ash promised, shivering at their closeness.

"I hope your right, I would hate it if I had to leave the team for a failure," he said quietly and snaked his arms around her body.

"Draco," she said warningly.

"What?" he toyed gently biting her ear.

"Draco. Stop it," she whispered quietly, her knees nearly giving in.

"Why? Your liking it."

Getting back her strength, Ash quickly stepped out of his touch and glared at him. "Don't ever do this again!" she stated furiously shaking her head. "I already told you, we're over and done."

"Yes, yes I know," Draco said, but she saw a small smile play on his lips.

Sighing Ash placed her Quidditch outfit into her locker and walked towards the exit. "You know the deal. I won't say anything as long as you don't come near me again."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! We have a new Seeker! WOOP!!! Hope he's good XD
Comments?