Sequel: Gone Twisted
Status: C O M P L E T E

Gone Awry

Back

A giggle flooded the Slytherin common room as the strawberry blond girl skipped into the common room and loudly sang to herself:


I'm too sexy for my shirt
too sexy for my shirt
so sexy it hurts

And I'm too sexy for Milan
too sexy for Milan
New York and Japan

And I'm too sexy for your party
too sexy for your party
the way I'm disco dancing

I'm a model you know what I mean
and I do my little turn on the catwalk
yea on the catwalk on the catwalk yea
I do my little turn on the catwalk

I'm too sexy for my ca-


- she stopped short when she saw that long faces of her peers as they where glaring at the air in front of them.

"Hey! What's with the sad faces?" she asked a bit confused as she reached her friends that were occupying the usual couches.

The black haired girl looked at her confused. "We just lost against Hufflepuff," she said as if that explained everything.

"No, we tied with Hufflepuff!" she corrected, her good mood temporarily leaving her again when she remembered today's game. "Which if you think about it is quiet funny because its practically impossible to tie"

"Same difference. They caught the snitch. And no, it's not funny in any way or form." Tracy sighed frustration in her voice.

Ash shook her head and looked around the common room, noticing a couple of eyes on her and Tracy.

With a silent growl Ash turned to look at the whole Slytherin community. "Listen! Its no use to sit around and pull long faces! It won't change the results. We tied with Hufflepuff, face it and get over it. Sure, it would have been better if we could have crushed them to pieces, but tough luck, we didn't. We'll just have to try again next time. And trust me, next time we will win!"

Ash saw a few eyes light up, but a lot of people were unmoved or even had objections in their eyes.

"Why should we listen to you? Its all your fault we lost any way!" a familiar voice erupted from the masses, followed by a few grunts of approval and confused head shaking. "We were winning before you kicked out Draco and became Captain!" Pansy called and the people around her made space for her to walk up to Ash. "Draco was the perfect seeker! He never let go of a snitch, no matter how badly the others fouled him."

Ash curled her hands into fists, but tried to play it cool. She knew this would happen at one point. If she didn't win a game, she'd be persecuted. "I agree. Draco was a very good seeker. But when a team loses trust in their Captain, he can't be kept. And due to some unpleasant circumstances - that you of all people should know best - the teams trust was broken," she said starring intently at Pansy, before turning to the other people, "Harpers new, he only had one week of training so far. Until we'll be playing Gryffindor in 6 weeks time, he wont ever let a snitch go again, I promise you that!"

"And what makes you think we'll trust your promise after this failure? What makes you think that we will allow you to continue being Captain of the Slytherin Team?" Pansy sneered, but wasn't backed up as much as before.

The captain looked at Pansy for a second. "As you all know," she said to the crowd, "I have a little bet running. If we lose against Gryffindor I have to run through the school naked!... Believe me, I really don't plan on doing that! But that isn't the only reason why I want to win. I want to win because Slytherin has become my home, my friends, my family. Even though I've only come this year, all of you have greeted me with open arms and made me feel welcome. I want to win this cup in order to pay back my respect and thank you all!" she said loudly.

"But most of all I want to win that game and the cup because, by Merlins Beard! We're better then those stinking Gryffindors!" she screamed and finally received cheers from her fellow Slytherins.

"Now lets forget about the past and have a little fun, alright?!" she grinned and waved her wand. Loud music filling the room.

"Ash!" Christina called to her, pushing her way through the crowd, as the others sang along to the music.

"Chris!" Ash smiled seeing her Chaser near her. "What are you up too?"

"I just wanted to congratulate you on the speech. Very nice."

"Thank you. I just hope that this feeling will last."

"I'm sure it will, it definitely fired up the team!" she told her. "We're sitting over there and wanted to ask you to join us!"

Ash grinned at her and looked at where Christina pointed. The entire team was sitting together at the fireplace and were frantically talking to each other. "Of course!" she said and followed her team mate to the others. There she was greeted with a small cheer by five other people.

"Ash! Awesome speech!" Graham said, clapping his hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you for backing me up!" Harper told her with a small smile.

"Loved your enthusiasm!" Isabel grinned and hugged her captain.

"Thank you, thank you," Ash said and jokingly bowed a bit. "I know today's game didn't end with the best result, but hey, did you guys notice how awesome you were? - And I also mean you Harper! Really you guys were great! Bole didn't let one Quaffle in his hoops! Graham, Christina and Isabel scored 150 points! That's 15 goals! Chase and I, well we're always awesome!" she joked and high-five'd her 'little brother', "and lastly Harper. Sure... you didn't catch the snitch in the end, but after only a week of training you were quite good. I did the right decision in choosing you as our new Seeker!" she said grinning and hugged him tightly.

"KYA!" she squealed and grinned. "I can't wait to kick Gryffindor's asses!"

The party was fantastic. Everywhere people were enjoying themselves and had fun dancing, singing and drinking.

They had already had a few bottles of mead and fire whiskey, which they had planned on drinking at the victory party, but they were just as useful in the ... "Yey-we-tied" party.

Celebrating instead of grieving the Slytherins soon forgot time and allowed themselves to be lost on the atmosphere.

At one point Ash saw Draco slip into the common room unnoticed and watched as his eyes turned wide at the party that was being held at such an hour. She saw how his expression was sprinkled with confusion and how he frantically searched the crowd. When their eyes met he looked at her confused before nodding into one of the rooms corner, telling her to join him.

Scowling Ash rolled her eyes and went over to her ex-boyfriend and met him mid way. "What do you want?"

"What's this party about?"

"It's a 'Yey-we-tied' party."

"A what?"

"A 'yey-w-'"

"Yeah, yeah, I got that part but why?"

"I held a very dramatic and dynamic speech."

Draco looked at her confused, but excepted her explanation without further ado. "Well, I guess I'll just have to join in then," he shrugged. "Will you dance with me?" he asked, with a sly smirk, hoping to see her usual reaction of hopelessness and pain, but he waited in vain. She just raised her eyebrows and sighed.

"I'd rather not," she told him without any facial expressions and walked away.

Shocked at her rejection, Draco watched her walk away towards Blaise. There he saw her take his hand and lead him to the dance floor where Tracy and Chase were already dancing together.

Not one Slytherin had come to dinner that Saturday nor to breakfast on Sunday, but when they trickled into the Great Hall at lunch, the school knew why. All of them were yawning and laughing, grinning and joking or holding their heads in pain due to last night party that had excelled into a whole night event that only stopped at around 9 o'clock in the morning.

Only having slept a couple of hours, Ash's reflection in the mirror reminded herself of the grim reaper. With gigantic dark circles under her eyes and pale skin, Ash walked into the Great Hall stifling a yawn. Flanking her Tracy and Blaise walked in with her and together they sat down with the others.

"Hey loves," Ash told her friends, standing up again. "I'll be right back"

Tracy looked up at her, and then at the Hufflepuff table where Applebee was sitting with his friends - a few bruises still noticeable from this distance. "Sure, see you in a minute," she encouraged Ash and turned her attention back to her plate.

Ash noticed a few eyes follow her as she crossed the Great Hall to reach Applebee. When she stood right behind him, she waited silently for a few seconds before his friends told him to look behind him.

"What do you want?" he spat seeing her.

"Um, I wanted to apologize about yesterday. I overreacted," she said looking into his eyes and stretching out her hand for him to take. She noticed him looked at his friends uncertainly, but they shook their head in disbelieve.

Rolling her eyes, Ash continued speaking. "Look. I don't mean for you to forgive me or anything. I just wanted to apologize. So if you could please just shake my hand, I'll go right back to my table and we wont have to ever talk again, alright?"

"Do you know how much that hurt? You broke my nose. SkelloGrow hurts like a bitch," he growled.

"I said I'm sorry. Now shake my hand and get this over with."

"I don't think so."

Getting angry again, she pressed her lips to each other forcefully. "Alright. Then don't I just tried to be nice," she spat, but didn't go away, but instead leaned forward to whisper something into his ear. Suddenly his eyes widened a bit and he quickly shook her hand, making Ash smile down at him and walking back to the Slytherin table, spearing only a small glance at the teachers table where she saw Madam Hooch nod approvingly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Here it is! The new Chapter!

How did you like it?
Comment!