Status: active :]

Blow out the Candles

travelling

The ride along the motorway could have been peaceful, had it not been for Emilie's constant bouncing around in the backseat. Music played through the speakers, although her Mum and Dad insisted on it being quiet so Max could concentrate on driving. Emilie merely pouted and reverted to singing along softly. I laughed as I watched her, rolling my eyes at her hyperactivity.

We were travelling to the neighbouring city, for the Nothing Rhymes With Circus tour, by Panic! At the Disco. Emilie had received tickets for the concert as part of hr birthday present, and given the second ticket to me. My parents would never have considered allowing me to go, if it hadn't been for Rachel and Max.

The car drove off the highway and the music was turned up them. Emilie and I sang loudly, giggling every so often, as Lying Is The Most Fun pulsed through the car speakers. Max steered the car to the right, and down a street. After that I didn't really pay attention to where we went; just kept singing along to the sound of Brendon's voice. I could see in Emilie's eyes a desperation to play her guitar. That was where we differed: she was crushing on Ryan, while I felt somewhere in me a soft spot for Brendon.

She went silent as we approached the hotel we were due to stay in.

"Emilie?" I asked, watching her. "Can you snap out of your daydreams of Ryan for one moment please?"

"If you were seeing what I was..." She slowly raised her hand and pointed at a large vehicle int he parking lot. I took a moment to process what it was. The oh-so-familiar logo splashed across the side...

We shrieked in unison. Max and Rachel jumped, but luckily the car was already parked and the engine turned off.

"D'you think they're staying here?" she whispered, her face pale. I swallowed the lump in my throat, nodding slowly.

She exhaled sharply, the grip on my arm loosening a little. Rachel chuckled and got out, soon coming round to the back door.

"Out you get," she smiled. I just managed to get Emilie out and myself; we collected our luggage; and, with a lot of effort from myself and her parents, distracted her from the tourbus long enough to get her into the hotel.