Status: Completed

The Rev That Saved Me

Our Escape

I scaled the fence in my ripped tights and skirt while running away. When I reached the top and saw the barbed wire, I only hesitated for the slightest second before I heard their voices not far behind me. Quickly I grabbed one and winced as I felt the cold metal digging into my tender flesh. I could feel the skin cells being pried apart by the sharp edges of the 'X' shaped wire.

"There she is!" Her voice called as I swung my leg over the top. "Don't let her get away!" With her command filling the air, my 'brothers' chased after me. I did not dare climb down.

Jump! I will not let them hurt you. The ghostly whisper filled the air around me. I nodded and followed his instructions.

"Evelyn! Get back here!" My mother's harsh tone rang through my very core. Everyone one has a fear that they hide from the public eyes in the shadows. Most were common and nothing to be ashamed of... As for me... Well my fear was chasing me and trying to keep me from my freedom. My fear that kept me from living normally was the person who gave me life, my mother.

Run! His voice rang in my ears as he gently guided me far away from my mother.

This man that I have never met suddenly appeared before me and told me that he was going to grant me my secret wish: to escape. He always seemed like an angel that came down from heaven to help me, though his appearance might fool you. He's tall, I’d say around 6’3 maybe a little shorter, with blue eyes. He is covered in a multitude of tattoos on his arms, neck, and chest. His hair is raven black and spiked up in the back. He has a labret piercing and an industrial piercing in his left ear. To someone who didn’t know him he’d seem like a douche who just wants to kill everyone around him… Well thankfully, many did know him when he was alive. No one could ever forget Avenged Sevenfold’s drummer, The Rev, and if they can, well then they just suck. Rev’s personality is weird to most people but to me it screams 'Loving life!'

“It hurts!” I screamed as I fell to the floor. My legs felt like they were on fire as my heart beat a mile per millisecond to pump oxygenated blood to my legs. My mouth was dry and my lungs were burning more than my legs. “Uhg why did I ever skip gym class?” I asked as I fought to control my breathing.

Get up! Please you can’t stop running until we cross the state border. If they find you, you might not survive what will happen. I knew what he was saying was true but my legs felt like jelly and the cold February air didn’t exactly help with the gash in my hands.

“… SHIT! My hands! I have to stop the blood!” I screamed as I looked behind me to see a trail of red splatters. If they jumped that fence, they would surely notice the blood and find me in a heartbeat. “Rev! I don’t have anything to stop the bleeding and I need the money to get the ticket!” I cried out hysterically. I could feel the stares that people were giving me, they were looking at me as if I needed mental help, fortunately for me I got used to those kinds of look.

Relax. Remember I told you to put like twenty bandannas in your backpack. Dig out two and quickly tie it around your hands. I nodded and painfully took off my backpack. I winced when I felt the black and bleached hair strands rub against my wounds, granted the backpack fabric fibers didn’t help the pain. You should probably move so you don’t get run over. Sitting in the middle of the sidewalk in New York City isn’t really the brightest idea. He chuckled and I blushed.

“Yeah, I suppose.” I mumbled before standing on shaky legs. Slowly I made my way to the nearest dark alley. It wasn't hard to find, just walk a block and there is at least two.

Hurry. We need to leave New York tonight. He hissed as I tied the bandanna with my teeth. I looked at him like he was crazy... Well crazier.

"Um Rev, is there something that you're not telling me about? You know something like why you're pushing for leaving the state so randomly."



My answer was nothing but silence from his part.

“Rev--” I started before I felt a cold chill on my lips.

Shhh. If you talk, they’ll find you. He murmured in my ear. I nodded and slowly backed away from the light as I heard their voices drawing closer.

“Find her!” I heard my mom shout as they ran past us.

“Thank God they’re all stupid.” I whispered to… Air. “Rev… Where are you?” I called out into the emptiness. I felt my stomach and throat knotting up as worry washed over me. Ever since he died, he hasn’t left me alone. Everyday it’s been like he only left me when I asked him to, and I only did that when I needed to change or use the bathroom.

“Rev…” My voice was horse as I called out to him. Before I realized it, tears were pouring from my eyes. I felt my legs cave underneath me after I covered my mouth to dull the scream. “Please don’t leave me.” I whispered into the air.

Who’s leaving you? I heard him ask causing my head to jolt in his direction.

“I thought you were! You didn’t answer me and you weren’t here and I thought I was going to be alone again.” I cried out.

I’m not going anywhere without you. Come on we need to keep moving. He said before grabbing my hand and hoisting me up. I swear it was weird being able to feel and see him as a solid figure. After I first started to talk to him in public, I was always stared at like a complete lunatic… It was actually quite funny.

“Ok. If they ran east we run west right?” I asked as we walked out the ally.

Right, now start running. he said when we reached the entryway of the alley.

**Time passes and they cross the state line (I can’t write every second of it otherwise I’ll go crazy^^)**

By the time, we crossed over the border the sun was raising and I was dead tired. I have been awake for twenty-four hours straight and kept running with little to no brakes. My legs were beginning to feel like jelly as we finally came to a rest stop.

"Can we rest for a bit?" I breathed while staggering into him.

Sure. You need to sleep. He chuckled out. I sighed and turned towards the place.

"Maybe if I played people will give me money for food..." I mused as I felt my stomach growl.

Hopefully. Your stomach sounds like a beast that's about to attack. I blushed as I heard the Rev's laughter filling up the air between us. Soon I began laughing with him causing the people around us to stare at us.

"What are they looking at?" I questioned annoyed at the constant stares.

Evey... You're the only who can see and hear me. His words brought me back to reality.

"Right... I keep forgetting that you died..." I trailed off as I felt the tears coming.

Hey, just because I left my physical body doesn't mean I died. I nodded my head and wiped my eyes. Now that you understand, hurry and get some food because drinking alone isn't fun.

"I'll be right back." I said laughing while walking towards the bathrooms.

In the bathroom, I stopped to look at the mirrors... I looked like hell.

"... How he can still travel with me, I don't know." I mumbled as I went into the stall to change.

I took off the skirt, ripped tights, and black spaghetti strapped shirt. It felt weird standing in the bathroom stalls in just my bra, underwear, and socks but I knew that I needed to change and ditch the bloody clothes.

"Thank god I shaved." I said to myself as I pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans with chain suspenders crossing behind my ass and chains at my sides. My new shirt was a black A7X spaghetti strap with a half shirt that read 'R.I.P Rev!' in blue with a picture of his drums and sticks on my right boob. Before I left the stall, I pulled out my drumsticks and put them in my back pocket.

Nice outfit choice. I heard the Rev say as I walked to the bathroom sink.

"I guess it pays to be dead sometimes." I said with a raised eyebrow.

Ahhh yes. I get to see many women change, every guys dream... Well for the most part. I laughed at his comment as I brushed out my hair. “So what's the plan now chicky-poo?” He asked and I felt my jaw drop.

"REV I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING YOU THINKING YOU HAD A PLAN!" I screamed before I saw his smile.
My plan is to get you to Huntington Beach. How you get there is your own ideas. I can only help so much. He reasoned as started to wipe the blood from the multitude of necklaces.

"Ok... So then we'll do this: I sleep here tonight and then start to the closest airport and fly to California." I said smiling like a genius.

Ok. But tell me what your plans to find the guys are? I huffed at his point.

"Walk around until I meet them?" I said as I finished wiping off the charm closest to the base of my neck, the death bat.

You've never ran away before have you? He asked and I scoffed.

"Of course I have... Not! I never had a reason to until like three years ago. I mean believe it or not my mom WAS once a cool woman. It's just that since she met Brian she's been brainwashed to believe I was the root to all her problems." I argued and he rolled his eyes at me.

Ok well are you ready to drum your ass off? He questioned with a smile.

did I mention that to me Jimmy looks and feels just like everyone else does? If not well he does, so what I did next shouldn't surprise you.

"Thank you." I said before kissing his cheek.

What for? He asked stunned at my actions.

"You'll see... When I feel like telling you." I smiled as I changed the bandannas after cleaning the wounds. "Let's go drum." I said while picking up my backpack to leave the bathroom.

Cool! His excitement to play was contagious even when he was alive. I won't tell him this, but the main reason I learned to play the drums was due to my dream to meet him one day and just rock out while he gave me tips to improve myself.

“Hey, can I take this and use it?” I asked the cleaning lady after she took out the bag in a metal trash bin. She looked hesitant and I smiled sweetly. “I’ll give you half of whatever I make.”

“Here you go!” She beamed with a thick Spanish accent.

“Thanks.” I said taking the bin.

Where are you setting up at? He asked me as I randomly started to walk.

“Near a table or something plastic… THE VENDING MACHINES!” I screamed randomly while running to the soda machine, you know the ones that ALWAYS has the Coke or Pepsi logo.

People are staring at you again. He said and I just turned to him with a genuine smile.

“That’s fine! At least they’ll hear my beats.” I beamed before setting down the bin. “You gonna play with me?” I asked before sitting down and taking out my sticks.

I started to tap at it gently with the tip of the drumstick then I heard the Rev start going crazy. I looked up at him smiling.

Join in. He said with a beer magically next to him. I nodded and started to join his pace. I recognized the song instantly and felt my heart rip.

“Unfair. You know how I react to Seize the Day.” I mumbled as I felt the tears start to flood my eyes.

Oh. And how is that? He asked with a cocky grin. I rolled my eyes and kept my tempo the same as his.

“It makes me sad…” I smiled faintly while saying ‘thanks’ to the people who were dropping money at my side.

Why? Does it make you think of your dad? I giggled slightly.

“No. I haven’t thought about him since he walked out.”

Then why would it make the second cutest girl I’ve had the pleasure of knowing sad?

“A: I’m not cute or anything likes that. B:… It makes me think of you.” I whispered before he stopped playing. “What’s up?” I asked while still going.

He moved to my side and wrapped his arms around my neck causing me to lean into him.
A: Next to my wife, you are the most beautiful women I have ever seen. You’re beautiful inside and out. B: It makes me feel special that you think of me when you hear this song. Now stop thinking of sad things and collect your money before I steal it and run away with it.He said as he reached across me to grab the money.

“And what are you, a man who is technically dead, going to with my money?” I asked while placing my hand over his. I blushed a bit remembering that I had a huge crush on him when he was alive, and since he still SEEMED alive to me this is very weird.

Buy booze, roses, and a necklace to add on to your collection. He said tracing his fingers over the skull with bat wings. I felt my heart beat increase and my face get heated.

“Well it’d look weird to the general population if they saw things floating. Plus I’ll buy the roses, necklace, and your booze just randomly appears out of no where.” I said leaning back into him further. I knew he wanted the roses for his wife and I won’t lie, I was kind of jealous.

Hey, you better keep drumming if you intend on getting food. OH MY GOD IT’S A BEAST! THAT IS THE BIGGEST FUCKING SPIDER I HAVE EVER SEEN!The Rev yelled causing him to back up.

“How the hell is a dead person afraid of a spider?” I asked as I got up to kill the ‘Beast spider.’ I chuckled slightly as I heard the crunch of its body under my All-Star sneakers.

DUDE THAT IS SO GROSS! Who on Earth would let such a fucking ugly ass creature roam this planet? He said as he walked towards me.

“Well they let you roam this planet.” I smiled at him as I tried to wipe the spider’s body and blood off my shoe.

That hurts. And here I give you my undying love and you say that. Fine I get it. I’ll leave you --- HOLY SHIT! The stallion duck is in New Jersey! Look Evey! Let’s chase it! He said before walking through the doors.

“Senora, here is the bin and the money. Thanks!” I said before running out side with the Rev. “Hey! Don’t scare it away!”

Scare it? This thing isn’t fucking scared of anything! That’s why it’s the stallion duck! Plus how can something this fucking big be scared of anything? I laughed at his stupidity before I felt the wind pick up causing my bleached hair to rustle a bit.

“Jeez Johnny! I can’t believe you just realize we ran out of alcohol now!” I heard someone yell.

Hey, the duck is at your side. Rev said looking at his former band mates.

I bent down and picked up the duck before sitting on the grass. I saw the longing etched onto his face and grabbed his hand. He looked down at me with eyes that looked like he was about to cry.

“Don’t worry. Even though your body isn’t with them, they always carry your spirit with them. I’m sure they won’t ever forget you.” I said before the duck ruffled his wings and ran to the building. “Ah! Stallion come back!” I yelled while running after him.

Evey! You’re gonna-- Never mind! Jimmy yelled as I ran into someone. I looked up and saw Johnny Christ standing there with his hand out stretched.

“Hey you ok? Running without looking where you’re going is a bad idea.” He said helping me up.

“Yeah, sorry. I’ll keep that in mind for the future.” I said giggling a little.

He’s still a little kid. Did he drop any forty’s in there too like he did before we went to central park? I laughed a little more as I heard the fondness in Jimmy’s voice.

“What’s so funny?” He asked bending to see my face properly.

“Um… I guess Stallion is pretty funny.” I said holding up the duck with a smile. “I mean isn’t he the biggest fucking duck you’ve ever seen?” He seemed stunned at my response.

“No, I think I’ve seen one slightly bigger.” He said with melancholy etched onto his face.

Look at him! He looks like he’s about to cry! I just want to hug because he looks so cute! Jimmy shouted while dancing around his friend. I fought to hold back my smile so that he wouldn’t be mad.

“Hey,” I touched his hand lightly and saw him snap back to reality. “It’s hard losing a friend, especially one that’s like a brother, but the best cure for the heart ache is to live on whilst remembering the good times. Isn’t that what you said not long after Rev’s death?” I asked before kissing his cheek.

“Johnny! Stop hitting on girls and get back on the bus!” Syn yelled from the window and I smiled while peeking over Johnny.

“Your friends are calling. It’s best not to keep them waiting.” I said before turning towards the building.

“Hey wait! I like your shirts. I don’t remember people approving that as merchandise though.” He said pointing to my outfit.

“Of course they wouldn’t. I made this myself out of an artistic fit.”

“Oh. Um can I have your contact infor--”

“Come on! Sorry but I have to steal him.” Zacky said as he dragged away Johnny.

“Bye! Try not to get punished too badly!” I called to him with a smile.

They seem to be doing well… That’s good. Rev said walking towards the door. I ran to catch up with him as I released the duck.

“Hey, you know they love you, right?” I asked when I caught up to him.

Yeah, of course they love me. I provided most of the comedy in their lives. I smiled at his comment.

“I love you too Jimmy.” I said grabbing his and kissing his cheek.

I love you too kid. Now you need sleep because you seem drunker than I’ve ever been. He said pulling me over some. I laughed and looked at him though my eyelashes. He was smiling as he made me walk like a drunk. He was having fun and I could tell he was happy to see his friends, even for a brief time.

“Can you be my pillow? And blanket? I’m kinda new at this whole running away thing so I didn’t bring anything to sleep with.” I said as I was sitting on the bench near the bathrooms.

Sure. He said before vanishing and reappearing at my side.

“You’re amazing.” I mumbled as I cuddled up to him and closed my eyes.

And you’re an amazing person too. I heard him say before I lost consciousness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2 will be out when I get it back from my friend who is editing it ^^.