Status: Completed

The Rev That Saved Me

Date Night Part 2

We were walking hand in hand on the beach under the full moon. My shoes were in my hands and Johnny was telling me stories about him and Jimbo. I've already heard them all from Jimmy, but I love listening to Johnny's voice.

"I'm sorry. This must be boring you." He said blushing and I sighed.

"Johnny, I'm having a great time. And I love seeing you smile, and if remembering the times you shared with your best friend makes you smile then who am I to tell you to stop? Plus, I wanted to learn more about Jimmy." I said and he smiled before pulling us to the sand.

"You would've loved him. He was so funny and amazing. Sure he made fun of me and did things he knew I hated, but they all did. He was such a care free man and he loved to party. Though he could be serious at any given moment." He laughed slightly and I smiled at him before laying my head on his lap. "If he was super pissed at you he'd tell you, but he'd still beat the shit out of anyone who talked bad about you. Then the next thing anyone would see would be Jimmy and you sitting around enjoying a drink and cracking jokes." He smiled at the memory and I lightly touched his cheek. He looked down at me with the saddest eyes ever and I felt my heart rip.

"I know how sad it is to loose someone you loved dearly." I said and he smiled faintly.

"An old flame?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Nah, a best friend that committed suicide." I said and he looked down at me with sympathetic eyes.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked and I smiled.

“We met when she transferred into my school two years ago. We instantly knew what the other was going through since her family was the same as mine; abusive. We’d sneak out to help each other and talk about everything together. She was sad when I graduated a year earlier since she’d have no one in the school. I told her we could still meet for lunch and shit. She always looked happier when she was with me… but one day she took a bath and cut her wrists so deep so that she could write a note on the wall. It was intended for me. The note said ‘You’re not the only one afraid to run, so let’s end it before they can.’ She was smiling as she laid in the water.” I said turning to him. “Everyday her death haunts me and everyday I ask myself, why didn’t I end it like she did.” I said and he tensed up.

“I’m happy you didn’t.” He whispered and I smiled.

“I’m happy I didn’t either. I would’ve missed meeting the greatest people ever.” I said before kissing him deeply.

“So what do you wanna do now?” He asked and I sighed.

“Avoid going to my house to avoid the waiting questions.” I mumbled and he laughed before making me get up.

“Then let’s go to my place and watch movies and drink.” He suggested and I grinned.

“I’d love that.” I smiled as we walked back to his car.

---

“You know where everything is since you practically live here.” He said as he went upstairs, probably to change.

“Hey, can I borrow some clothes? These are annoying.” I asked while gesturing to the outfit.

“Yeah, come on.” He smirked and held out his hand. Nodding, like the dork I am, I grabbed his hand and blushed.

We walked up the stairs and into his master bedroom. I ran to his bed and plopped down on it with a grin. I heard Johnny laugh as I felt the bed drop down due to added weight. Opening my eye I saw Johnny sitting and smirking at me.

“Did you miss the bed?” He asked and I nodded.

“I sleep better here.” I said and he grinned.

“Then move in with me.” I choked on air.

“What?” I asked and sat up to look at him squared in the eyes.

“Evei, will you move in with me? I love you and I’d like it if we could permanently wake up together in one bed.” He explained and I felt my heart racing. “I promise I won’t hurt you, and I’d feel better knowing that you lived here and not at the home where anyone walks in.” He said with pleading eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
To Be Continued...