Status: Completed

The Rev That Saved Me

First time on a plane

Hey chicky-poo, wakey, wakey! I heard the Rev say as he poked my cheek.

"Ngn. Don't poke my dimples." I groaned causing him to chuckle a little bit.

But your reaction is so cute. You look like you're fighting your hardest not to smile. I glared daggers at him before getting off of him.

"Because I am!" I exclaimed while stretching. I heard a few joints crack with every stretch I did.

Oh. Well onto more important things than your hatred for your cute dimples! I rolled my eyes at his adorable smile. We need to get you on a plane today, so get dolled up and get some food ‘cause you’ve been sleeping for a full day and you didn't eat anything at all the first day… But mainly because your stomach is scaring me and gave me nightmares.

"... Does the dead actually sleep? ... No offense." I said picking up my backpack.

Who knows. Maybe. I was just staring out the window thinking of how to get you to where you're meant to be safely. He said before shooing me off.

Why am I so important to him? He never told me why he came to me or why I'm running from my life. Is there a point to my existence right now? The questions just kept repeating over and over again in my head as I changed my clothes and brushed my teeth. It still felt weird to brush the left side of my teeth due to the new spider bites I got done before running off.

I looked in the mirror and kind of grunted at my appearance. I looked so... Not me. I mean, my brown hair was bleached so now it's blond and my glasses were gone, replaced with contacts, so my green eyes kind of just stands out. My eyebrow ring was replaced with a bar and the night before I ran away I had someone I knew give me spider bites. The only things normal about me were my albino skin color, my black eyeliner, my multitude of necklaces, and my black clothes. This was really just scary. I was ready to shout ‘Screw it! This isn’t me!’

I shook my head and then smack my face a little.

"The change was needed so that people can't recognize me." I told myself before putting my black ‘Black Veil Brides' hoodie on over a pure black spaghetti strap shirt. I had to put my drumsticks back in my bag since my black plaid pajama bottoms didn't have the pockets needed. "Head to California no matter what." I mumbled before leaving the bathroom.

After I stole a few things from the vending machine guy, I went back to the bench to see the Rev looking out the window thoughtfully. I could tell his gaze was someplace far.

... Probably someplace that I'm not meant to know about. The thought caused a sudden pang in my chest. I winced slightly before gathering my composure. I wouldn't feel this way if he would stop looking that way. Every time someone has that look, I always end up alone. Another pierce to my heart. I decided it was better for me to just interrupt him and speak.

"Stallion isn't out there you know." I said with a sad smile.

What? Oh, you mean... No, I wasn't thinking about the duck. Just some other things. I couldn't tell if he felt the awkward silence settling in between us but it screamed at me like a banshee. Anyway, you ready to go? He asked with a warm smile.

"Yea. Let's go to California." I said with a slight smile.

**Blurry lines to indicate a time skip* Yea so not writing anymore in that place.*

Show some skin girl! The Rev shouted over the freeway.

"Honestly who's going to pull over like an idiot and pick up a stranger? That’s stupid! And it'll be a cold day in hell before I show anymore skin than I am right now!" I shouted while walking with my thumb out.

What skin? You're showing nothing! Shake those boobies! He said laughing.

"How about you shut up and help me get a ride!" I yelled smiling... "You've got to be shitting me." I said as a van pulled over.

"Do you need some help?" A woman asked while rolling down her window. I smiled a little as I saw the cute family sitting in the car. It's like the ones you'd see in the old day shows with the housewife, husband, and kids.

"Um yeah. Actually, I need to get to the closest airport. Do you think I can hitch a ride with you? I swear I'm not a psychotic killer or anything." I said bending so that I could see a little better.

"Sure. Hop in the back." The mom said as she signaled her kid to open the door.

"Thank you. This means so much to me." I said climbing into the back.

Way to go you psychotic killer you! I laughed at Rev's stupidity... God I love this man.

"It's no problem. We were going to the airport ourselves. So where are you heading?" I looked back to see a whole mess of luggage.

“Um. Huntington Beach California. You?" I asked pulling my knees close to my chest.

"England. My husband's mother fell ill so we're going to go visit her." She said and I smiled faintly as I rested my chin on my knees.

"That's sweet." She nodded and her attention went to the map... Wow, this is my first time in a car and these people don't even have GPS... How outdated.

"You dress scary." The daughter in all pink said while backing further into her brother.

You want to see someone dressing scary you should look in the mirror! Dressed in all pink like a little doll. CREEPY! I giggled slightly at Jimmy's comment.

"Is it scary to see someone in all black?" I asked sweetly. She nodded her head and I smiled. "Well I agree. The only reason I dress like this is because black is very slimming and in different colors, I look like a whale! Now I think they're pretty and what not but I don't want to look like one. If any other colors would do the same I'd love to wear a pretty outfit like yours." I heard Jimmy gagging behind me.

Don't give this kid any wrong ideas. She doesn't need to think that an all pink outfit is pretty. Honestly, it's the scariest thing you could ever see. It makes me think of that teacher in Harry Potter. You know the one with the love for cats and who secretly plots to take over the world. She's eviler than Lord Voldimort. I had to bite my tongue from laughing at his comment.

"Really? You think it’s pretty?" She asked getting closer to me... I think I made a mistake.

"Yeah. I'd love to have an outfit like that." I looked in the mirror to see the idiot choking on his beer that just magically appeared... AGAIN!

I think I'd kill you if you bought an outfit like that! No, I'd make fun of you for all your life and prevent your death just to make that possible! Evey, I beg you, DON’T get an outfit like that! He said laughing like an idiot.

"How do you magically get beers out of no where?" I whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

Cause I'm just that magically delicious.

...

I sat there dumbfounded by his comment.

YES! Finally, no come back from the peanut gallery.

"Rev... That was just too stupid for words. Like I think, the stupidity of that comment just gave my brain three seizures and made my IQ level drop by twenty points. Thanks Jimmy, just thanks." I whispered whilst looking out the window.

**Blurry lines that equals time skips**

"Miss. Hey Miss, we're at the airport now." The woman's voice drifted past me, barely grazing my thoughts.

EVEY WAKE UP! WE'RE AT THE AIRPORT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! I jolted awake when I heard his voice booming into my eardrums.

"I'm up, and deaf now." I whispered the last part while getting out of the car. "Thank you for the ride." I said before the family gave me a hug, I just stood there like an idiot.

"Well bye Miss." They said before going to the London gates and I went to the ticket counter.

What irresponsible people. They didn't even ask for your name. you know they would be the ones to invite the killer into their house for dinner in a horror film. I laughed at how true Rev's words were.

"But still they're good people. They gave us a ride." I said before I saw that he vanished... "FINE LEAVE ME!" I screamed before making my way to the counter.

"Hello, how may I help you?" The man at the counter asked with a fake smile.

Yeah, get rid of that hideous smile and make the pain of the past years go away. I thought bitterly.

"Yes, can I have a one way ticket to Huntington Beach, California?" I asked matching his fake smile.

Way to look creepy. Rev said, coming out of nowhere, next to me.

"What date and time?"

"Um... I'm really sorry to do this to you, and I'll pay the fee upfront, but can I have a ticket for the next flight out?" I asked with a pleading tone.

"Sure, that'll be $ 2,250." The assistant said and both Jimmy and I almost choked on air.

That's somewhat cheap. I glared at life and took out a little more than half of the cash I had on hand.

"Here. Thanks." I said taking the ticket.

"No problem. Your flight leaves in a few hours so if you would just sit and wait." I nodded and turned away from the short, fat man... He was never going to get laid anytime soon.

"First thing to be done when we get there is to get black in my hair. Then I'm going on a little shopping spree." I said angrily.

You're going to waist all your money aren’t you? He asked and I nodded.

"Duh. Now let's go sit and wait." I said dully.

*El gasp the magical time skip blurs! Hey do the blurs make you think you're high?*

“Freaking crazy ass security check! Asking a girl to strip when the metal detectors only go off around my face. GAH! What is this world coming to?” I mumbled loud enough so that only the Rev could hear me.

I didn’t know you were lacey bras. I think they were cute.

“You shouldn’t be looking at anyone’s bra and panties unless they belong to your wife.” I scolded him before finding my seat on the damn plane.

I wonder how she’s doing. I hope that she remembers all the good times we had together. I saw that far off gaze in his eyes and it seemed like there was an invisible force field there that wouldn’t permit me to enter his thoughts.

Where do I stand with him? I mean I know he loves me as a friend or whatever, but I feel like he’s so… Distant. I wiped my eyes before the tears came pouring out. I was always the type to think about useless things then cry over them, but that wasn’t needed in this time and place.

I sighed as I sat down and put on my seatbelt. I already knew what my position was in our friendship; the only one who can see him. Once he’s done using, me then he’ll leave me… Just like all the rest. I felt the doubt rising in me, turning and twisting all of my insides. Not long after, the questions began to run through my head like wild fire. Why am I here? Why is he doing this for me? What would’ve happened if I had just stayed in New York? But most importantly, how will this end?

Eve, what’s wrong? You seem down. His warm and gentle tone filled the air around me. I turned to him with a melancholy smile.

“Nothing. I’m just tired. Don’t worry.”

Evey, what’s wrong? I went to answer him that I was fine before he raised his hand to quiet me. Evey, tell me the truth. The only time you’re good at lying is when it’s rehearsed. He smiled and I felt my anger rise within me.

“None of your business. Just leave me alone right now!” I hissed before getting my iPod out of my pocket.

Ok. I guess I’ll see you when the plane lands then. With that, he vanished in black smoke.

“Idiot. If you know something is wrong then try to fix it.” I muttered before leaning my head on the window.

I sighed and put the volume at full power. I scoffed when I heard the song that was playing, My Immortal by Evanescence. It’s like God doesn’t want me to be mad at the Rev… well TOO BAD!

“It’s his fault.” I mumbled before I smelt a strong bouquet of roses. I started coughing a little causing the girl next to me look at me in concern.

“Are you ok? Are you allergic to perfume or roses because I can totally switch seats.” The blonde’s high-pitched voice said. Her voice wasn’t so high pitched that it sounded like nails on a chalkboard but it was pretty high. I could see black streaks in her pure blonde hair and her eyes were an icy-blue. She had high cheekbones and a long slender neck. She wore a tight fitting dress that caused her chest to be half out. “Sweetie, are you ok? Your throat didn’t close up did it?” She asked and I smiled at her.

“No, sorry. It’s my first time smelling perfume that sweet.” I said averting her stare.

“Oh thank god. I didn’t want to be the cause of an allergic reaction.” She laughed slightly and I couldn’t help but to join in. “I’m Angel.” She stuck out her hand and I took it hesitantly.

“Evelyn… Evey. I’m Evey.” I said smiling for real.

“Nice to meet you Eve. So where are you going?”

“Huntington Beach, California.” The words seemed to just flow out of my mouth freely.

“Oh me too. Are you visiting family? Or going for school?”

“Um neither. I’m going there to escape… And find a few people… At least that’s what I was told. But I have nowhere to stay. I’m going to a foreign city with no plans.” I laughed at how stupid that seemed.

“I did that. And now I own a club… HEY! How would you like to work there and stay with me?” I smiled at her and hugged her.

“I think your name fits you well.” I smiled before looking at her outfit.

“Are you a stripper?” I asked and she laughed outright.

“Yea. Is it that easy to guess?” She asked and I nodded.

“Wait, does that mean I have to be a stripper?” I asked confused.

“How old are you?”

“Seventeen, but I turn eighteen in three days.” She shook her head before draping her arm around me.

“No. I refuse to let anyone under twenty-one drinks or strip. You’ll be a waitress and in the mornings, if you want, you can help me make the drinks.” I smiled at her.

“I want to help you.”

“Great! Now I want an honest answer, why do you need to escape?”

I sighed before taking off my hoodie. My arms had handprints that were slowly fading and when I lifted up part of my shirt, she gasped. Her reaction didn’t surprise me. My stomach was marked with cigarette burns, scars from when I had to get stitches, and a big footprint.

“Three years ago, on my birthday, my mother got remarried. Three years ago on the fourteenth, my mom turned a blind eye to the abuse my stepfather and stepbrothers dealt me. Three days ago, I ran from my apartment in New York City to the New Jersey boarder from dawn to dawn the next day. If I didn’t I could’ve died.” I said placing my shirt over the scared flesh.

“I understand. No one like that will get near you ever again. I promise.” She said holding me close to her heart. “The girls and guys will protect you.” She whispered and I smiled slightly.

“… Guys?”

“Oh yea. The club has both female and male strippers. All basically have the same reasoning for being there. We’re a close family so nothing bad will happen to you as long as you’re with one of us.” She said and I smiled. This was a new start for me. I was bound to find happiness in this new place.

… But if I’m happy does that mean he’ll leave me? If it does… How will I survive? I heard a sob escape my lips and then I lost it.

“Aw sweetie it’s ok. Shhh, shhh you’re gonna be safe from now on.” She said while patting my hair. I nodded my head so that she thought I was happy about the way our conversation ended with me having a home, job, and new family but truthfully, I was just scared of losing the Rev.

Will he leave me? No, I can’t have that. I have to talk to him when I land… but will he want to talk to me? Does he really want to stay with me anymore?

“Hey, how about when we land I take you to my house and then go on a shopping spree?” She said penetrating my thoughts.

“… I’m up for the shopping trip.” I said smiling a little for her benefit.

*TIME SKIPS ROCK!!!!*

“Attention passengers, please fasten your seatbelts. We are about to land any second.” The captain said over the loud speaker.

“Time flies by when you meet a new roommate huh?” Angel said as she put on her seatbelt.

“Yea. I’m really happy I met you. I might’ve been sleeping out in the park tonight.” I beamed as I latched the buckle.

“It’s no problem. I was getting lonely in that big house with my three other roommates.” She giggled slightly. I would’ve joined her but I felt the shaking of the plane landing so I clutched to the armrest causing my black nails to dig into the fabric. “Oh that’s right. You did mention that this was the first time riding in a plane. Was it fun?”

“Hell no. I’m never riding a plane again. It’s a scary motherfucker that has no business being in the air. The only things that should be up in the sky are the stars, sun, and birds.” I said as my grip loosened.

She laughed as the announcement to watch out when opening the overhead compartments boomed. I rolled my eyes at her and opened my compartment.

“Whoa fucking shit monkeys! Things are flying at me!” I yelled when her carry on fell on me. “This… Bag?… Is heavier than fifty pounds! What the hell do you have in here? The house?” I asked smiling at her.

“No, it’s my traveling kit. It just holds my make-up and all.” She said innocently.

“Okayyyyy.” I dragged on as I grabbed my backpack. We got off the plane and I almost burst out into tears when I saw the Rev holding a big sign that read ‘For my one and only chicky-poo who has mental problems!’ “Thank God.” I whispered before he appeared near me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I'm getting tired of waiting for my editor so I'm going to post this and then chapters 1 and 2 of ANOTHER story (yes A7X) and Imma post the chapters up for each on the same day so yea. chapter 3 wont be up until I finish chapter 3 in that story.