Status: Completed

The Rev That Saved Me

With Everything Good Comes Bad

“Who the fuck wants a drink?” Brian shouted as he went over to the cooler.

“ME!” I shouted, already hyper from the water balloon fight the Berry idiots started.

“No! Stay sober with me!” Bri whined and I kissed her cheek.

“Nope! You’re fault for having wild monkey sex with Brian.” I said and she pouted.

“Please!” She whined and I sighed.

“Babe, Angel’s coming.” Johnny whispered and I groaned.

“Get me a soda.” I said and Bri squealed for joy.

We had spent a good two hours by the pool and Zacky kept looking around like he was waiting for something to happen.

“BREE!” He shouted and ran to the door.

“I found her waiting outside my door.” Johnny said as the boys moved to reveal a short girl with blond hair to her shoulders and her side bang clipped to the side of her hair. She looked really cute as she stood there in Zack’s arms.

“Bri?” I looked over to my friend who was eyeing Zack with a glare.

“I know he’s done with Barbie bitch, but who is she?” Bri asked and I grinned before running over to Johnny, who was talking to Zacky.

“Cover up before you run!” Johnny said as I got closer.

“Whatever short shit.” I waved him off before hugging the new girl. “I’m Evelyn, please call me Eve or Evie.” I said and she smiled at me allowing the sun to hit her lip ring enough to make it shine.

“Bree.” She said and I turned to Zacky with a sweet smile.

“What is your relation to this innocent girl? YOU DIDN’T GET HER PREGNANT DID YOU?” I asked thinking of Bri.

“NO! She’s my girlfriend.” He said and Brie ran over.

“How come no one told me!” She screamed and the girl looked like she was about to laugh, but at the same time sort of frightened.

“Because she’s seventeen.” Zack mumbled and I smiled.

“I’m not the youngest!” I screamed before hugging Bree tightly.

“I should kill you for leaving me out of the loop.” Bri threatened.

“Please don’t kill my boyfriend.” Bree giggled out and we all bust into a laughing fit.

“New meat?” Jason said before Zack, Bri, Johnny, and I punched him at the same time.

“HANDS OFF!” We yelled and he whimpered before going over to Lea, who was relaxing in the pool.

“LEA MY LOVE!” I cried as I ran and dove into the pool.

“EVE!” She cried as I saw Jimmy laughing like a maniac at the corner of the pool.

“I love you.” I shrieked before swimming away from her.

She swam after me and climbed out of the pool when I got out. I started running and hiding behind people, but all she had to do was pout and they’d move. I’d call them traitors before running away. The final person I hid behind was Bree, which had little to no affect since I was smaller than her.

“Hello. I’m Leanna, can you please move so I can get to Eve?” She introduced herself and Bree smiled.

“I’m Bree, and su--”

“Don’t do it!” I whispered harshly but she moved anyway. “I won’t help you when she’s chasing you!” I cried as I ran away from them.

I ran into the house, slipping and sliding, before stopping in the living room. A sick feeling came over me and I shuddered at the invisible eyes watching me. I knew it wasn’t Jimmy because I felt safe under his gaze. Under this gaze I felt my blood run cold, my stomach knotting, my heart beating a mile per minute, and, most of all, like death was following me.

“Caught you!” Lea shouted as she hugged my waist.

“Lea, do you feel like something menacing is watching us? Like right now?” I asked and she stepped in front of me with a worried look etched into her bright face.

“No. Baby Girl, are you okay?” She asked and I smiled brightly at her.

“I guess I’m just imagining things.” I said before Bri and Bree ran in and grabbed our hands pulling us to the pool.

“What’s going on?” I asked as I saw everyone crowded around, girls sitting on their guy’s lap and Jason on Matt’s lap… I don’t know. They were weird boys. The girls were smiling and I saw Bri whispering to Lea and Leanna’s smile adorning her features as she sat, unknowingly, between Jimmbo’s legs.

It’s good news. Jimmy said as he saw my worried face.

Soon Johnny asked me to sit on a chair, which I did, and he got down on one knee. I knew at that point what the smiles were for. He pulled out a velvet box and grasped my left hand. He inhaled slightly and I felt like my heart was trying to pound its way out of my chest.

“I know you might think this is moving at a fast pace, but since Jimmy’s passing I’ve learned that time is so short and I just want to spend the rest of my time with you. Eve, will you marry me?” He asked as he slipped on the ring.

“I’d love to.” I whispered, almost inaudibly.

“Yes?” He asked and I nodded.

“For fuck’s sake, YES I’LL MARRY YOU!” I shouted and fell into his chest.

His hands were instantly at my sides and he kissed my cheek before kissing my collar bone. I pulled away from the hug and kissed his lips lovingly. When his lips left mine they felt cold and empty. I pouted as he grabbed my left hand and laced our fingers together. He leaned into my ear as I watched our fingers.

“It’s engraved. It says ‘May our time together last longer than all eternity.’” He whispered so close to my ear that I felt his warm breath sending shivers down my spine.

“I love it. I love you.” I whispered before kissing him one last time.

“I love you too.” He said as we heard the door bell.

“I’ll get it.” I whispered before getting off his lap.

“Don’t take too long!” He called and I giggled as I ran to the door.

“Hey baby.” Angel said as she looked scared.

“Hey Angel. What too--” My voice was cut off by a shot firing and seeing blood seeping through Angel’s white dress.

I screamed and the others came rushing in. She collapsed into me and I saw a note pinned to her dress. It just said three simple words. Three words that made my uneasiness from earlier return. Without realizing I screamed louder at the words as Johnny pried me away from my adopted mother.

You can’t escape. Repeated over and over in my mother’s voice as I watched the blood pooling around Angel, making the white paper stained with blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eve
Bri
Bree
Lea
Val