Mind and Body

Chapter 5

I flicked my hand again, it should work! Something should be flying in the air right now! I focused on Riley and moved my hand, but he still remained in place staring at my sister.

'He should be moving!' I screamed in my head at Shay, she looked worried and then confused.

'I can’t read his power. I can read Laura’s but not his.' I looked at Riley then noticed the ball in his hand. It had fallen by Shay when I had stopped him, and was now in his hands. I tried to move it and suddenly felt pain shoot up my arm. Shay looked to be in pain as I grabbed my arm.

“What the heck?!” I screamed holding my arm, Riley was staring at my sister worry on his face. Then her face lit up.

“Drop the ball Riley!” Riley did as he was told and the pain in my arm subsided.

“What is in that stupid ball?” Riley looked down, then up.

“Only something that stops powers, that way no one can cheat.” Laura starting laughing and Riley looked even more confused. “What am I missing here?” He asked while looking at Laura.

“They never played with those balls, they lived without knowing about the rest of us.” Riley nodded slowly in understanding.

'Try your power now.' Suggested Shay, I nodded and lifted Laura in the air easily.

“PUT ME DOWN!” She screamed as her hair changed nine different shades of green.

“If you insist.” I went to drop her but she was suddenly caught in a cloud of air.

'Way to ruin my fun Shay.' Shay nodded as she kept her eyes closed shaping the air, I could feel her concentration, and I could also feel Riley’s power, super speed, interesting.

'Get out of my mind Sky.' I smirked and continued to probe deeper.

'I mean it Sky'. I started analyzing her feelings on Riley when I felt myself flying into the air. I quickly manipulated a tree to catch me and moved gracefully to the ground.

'Nice try.' Shay smirked and suddenly I was wrapped in a ground incasing, oh two could play at this game.

'Bring it on little sister.' I challenged as I send the soil flying around me, Shay stopped it easily and it fell to the ground with a thud. I could see Riley and Laura move to the side, a very good idea.

'You should have gotten out when I told you to.' She thought as she send a tree branch at me, I sent it flying easily.

'That the best you got? Really I don’t think Riley’s impressed.' She scowled and I felt the ground below me heat up, I jumped and brought a tree branch to meet my hands.

'That’s just the beginning; you’re in my territory now. This won’t be a repeat of the room fight.' I just scoffed as I slid through the trees, manipulating them to cover me.

'Oh please, I beat you then and I can beat you now.' I said as I jumped behind her and sent her flying. She caught herself on an air cloud and let it bring her into the air. That was a new one.

'Yes this is a new one; I’ve been working on it.' I moved higher into the trees and sent whatever shrapnel I could find at her, she dodged it easily as she watched it in my mind. I grinned as I realized how to beat her. I watched her frown as I started talking about Grandma in my head and then sent a tree branch at her head. She didn’t see it coming and ducked only in time to avoid injuring herself, but not early enough to save her air cloud.

She screamed as she started to go towards the ground, I moved my arm and caught her before she hit the ground, setting her on the ground carefully.

'Yeah, still can’t beat me little sister.' I thought as I hopped from tree branch to tree branch all the way to the ground, only to find a crowd of boys gathered.

“Wow.” Was all a few could say, I strolled forward and picked up the evil football twirling in on my finger a few times.

“Looking for this?” I asked, they nodded and I threw it causing them to run after it.

“Bye Shay!” I watched Shay wave good-bye to Riley and then turn back to me.

'I almost had you. I grinned.'

'But you didn’t.' Laura quickly interrupted.

“Well now that the guys know what you can do, why don’t we go meet your new roommates, classes should be out by now.” She began to walk back towards the school and Shay followed quickly. I followed a few moments later after getting a good look at what must have been the guy’s school, and some of the guys who went there. Nice to know that I would have some fun here.