Falling on Dead Ears

Izzy Lizzy

“So…”Travis bounced on his toes lightly. Ellie raised a brow and rolled her hand at him to go on. “I was thinking…” He trailed off again. He was gauging her reaction. Once more she rolled her hand. “I know I’ve made your aunt hate you,” Ellie’s brows narrowed confused.

Sure she hadn’t been home in nearly a month and Travis snuck her in and out to get her things. She hadn’t spoken to her aunt and avoided the angrier-than-hell woman like the plague. Ellie knew if she did come in contact with her aunt she was dead.

“So I was thinking, you could come with us,” He waved a hand at his friends spread out doing normal beach things below them. “mainly me, back to my house in Maryland… to live with me. You have all your stuff that you came with and you won’t have to see your aunt…I mean you don’t have to.” Travis leaned back in his chair, groaning at the feeling of her lips on his.

Sucking in deep breaths he let their lips work together, dominating the kiss as he grabbed her hips pulling her small frame closer to his. He had no problem with her sitting in his lap under the morning sun, kissing her like he was.

To his distaste, she pulled away smiling at him.

“Is that a yes?” Ellie nodded her head, a wide smile on her face. Shrugging he reached up and rubbed her cheek before pulling her back into a kiss.

“Ew.” Travis simply gave the person the middle finger, never once parting from Ellie. “I said EW!” Travis pulled back and froze at the woman standing on his deck. Frowning he pointed at a loss for words. “What are you kissing?” She hissed.

“Go away.” Travis huffed pulling Ellie’s small body flush against his. The woman rolled her eyes and simply crossed the deck heading inside. “Hey…what…ANDY!” He screamed. He flinched as Ellie tensed. His tense muscles and the harsh vibrations from his voice scared her.

“What?” Andy yelled leaning out of an upstairs window.

“Why is Liz here?” Travis was trying to calm down. Andy froze with eyes the size of dinner platters.

“Do what?” Andy sputtered. Travis waved a hand. “Where?” He squeaked, sounding more terrified of the woman than Travis was.

“She just went inside!” Travis jumped as Andy literally jumped out of the window and stumbled across the back deck, rushing towards the beach. “Thanks man.” He called. Instantly he stood picking Ellie up. “Okay…let’s follow the fat man.” With that he was rushing towards the beach hugging Ellie to his chest.

“Get the boat ready!” Andy’s girlish screams could be heard all around the lake.

Ellie clung to Travis as he ran, glancing over his shoulder at the small woman stepping out onto the deck.

“Hurry! Now!” Travis yelled picking up speed. He slowed as Ellie whimpered and hugged his body closer to his. He didn’t mean to scare her, nor did he want to deal with Liz.

“Now!” Andy screamed.

“What the hell is going on?” Jolene asked, waist deep in the lake. Travis stepped on the boat as Parks happily warmed the engine.

“Liz.” Both men stated. Jolene turned looking up at the woman growing closer.

“Oh shit!” Jolene was on the raft behind the boat in seconds as Erik and Special pulled them selves into the boat.

“Go! Go! Go! Go!” Andy yelled, dancing nervously in place.

Travis focused more on Ellie as he sat her down. Nibbling his bottom lip nervously he kneeled down in front of her, rubbing her upper arms soothingly.

“I’m sorry.” He stated. Sighing he tipped her head up higher. “I’m sor-” The boat jerked forward knocking him over with the force.

“Andy!” Parks yelled horrified.

“She was right there!” Travis sat up, rubbing his left shoulder. Ellie kneeled in front of him this time and gently touched his arm, concern lacing her eyes.

“I’m fine. Are you?” She nodded, still confused and concerned. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you earlier.” Smiling weakly, she kissed his forehead and nodded. The giddy, whole-hearted feeling spreading through his body made his mind shut down slowly. He’d never felt that way from the single touch of one person. He was going to enjoy it.

“Who the hell gave her keys to another boat?!” Travis’s eyes snapped open. He was on his feet in seconds.

“This is like a horrible horror film!” Andy whined as Special leaned out.

“What boat?” Travis whispered as Ellie stood next to him, holding his hand.

“The blue and white one!” Special groaned at the boat heading their way.

“We can’t out run them on a lake Trav. I mean, everyone seems to be out today too.” Parks voiced. Whining, along with Andy and Jolene, Travis began to dance nervously in place while formulating a plane. “Pulling up along side.” Parks voice several minutes later.

Travis whined again and clung to Ellie was safety. She had no idea what was going on. What was the point of all the terrified faces, nervous movements, and urgency to move, move, move?

The small blue boat tossed a rope over and docked along side them. Travis and Andy were the most nervous about the out come as the small blonde crossed onto their boat.