Falling on Dead Ears

Just to Tease

The day went by far too quickly for the group. A game of SUCK, which Travis had won, several dirt bike races, and a couple of back flips later the day was over.

“So…all in all. Good day.” Travis smiled at the camera. “Can I have my shoe back now?” He smiled over at Ken holding onto a golden high-top leather DC.

“No.” Ken walked off leaving Travis speechless. That hadn’t been part of the plan. The plan was: Travis asks for the shoe, Ken tease Travis for only having one shoe on, Travis takes shoe, puts it on, and walks off with a ‘now my socks dirty’ comment.

“Jerk!” Travis yelled. It was all he could come up with on short notice.

“I still don’t know how you won!” Ken gasped tossing Travis the shoe a few moments later. “You actually sucked the last time we played!” Travis smiled pulling the shoe on.

“Last time I didn’t have a lucky charm…” Ken followed Travis’s gaze to Ellie helping one of the crew members pass out the ordered take-out to everyone.

“You’re so cheesy!” Ken groaned, stuffing a finger in his mouth pretending to gag. Travis glared. “So cheesy.” He sighed.

“Hey I only lost the second obstacle and that’s the event she didn’t kiss me on the cheek at before.” Travis pointed out.

“That and you picked Bell to navigate you through all the shit you put up.”

“That too.” Travis pointed lightly. “But that’s not the point!” He added. Ken raised a brow. “Don’t look at me like that!” He huffed. Ken raised his hands in surrender as the two made their way towards the E-Z up tent.

“You really like her don’t you?” Ken asked gently.

“I really, really like her.” Travis sighed.

Ken watched as a giddy smile crossed his friend’s face the second Ellie motioned them over. Travis picked up his speed to get to the girl faster and Ken laughed at the actions.

Travis was head over heels for this girl. No doubt about it.

&&&&&

I sighed leaning back into Travis as we sat around eat, talking, laughing, and retelling events from the day. It was good too see everyone smiling and laughing again. This was how the days should go.

Jolene stood up, still dressed in her ridding garb, and tugged me away from Travis. Squeaking as I stumbled along the path she was dragging me I nearly fell flat on my face. The second she stopped I pulled my wrist from her hand and placed it over my heart with the other one.

Are you okay?’ She asked softly. Nodding I took in deep breaths. ‘I just wanted to ask you something away from everyone.’ Waving my hand for her to go on she smiled weakly. The way her hand ran through her hair, how he shoulders suddenly tensed, and how she swayed spoke volumes of her nervousness. ‘Are you come back with us in a few days?

Lifting my fist I moved it up and down while watching her closely. Her mouth dropped open, a smile catching at the corners of her lips, and her eyes went up in surprise.

Really?’ Repeating the motion of my hand she threw her arms up and hugged me tightly. Slowly I hugged her back confused. I figured Travis had told everyone. ‘I’m soo happy! Travis needs you!’ She stated once at arm lengths.

Waving my hands I watched as she focused on the moments. Telling her Travis as I had already talked about it a few days go and I figured he’d told everyone already.

Nope not a word. The jerk.’ Laughing I patted her shoulder as she glared towards the tent, hands on her hip. ‘He is!’ she gasped, hands flying up in the air. Shrugging I turned, heading back towards the tent.

Travis pulled me back in his lap gently and smiled at me softly. Smiling back I couldn’t help but melt into his well toned, and sweat covered, body. Crossing my arms lightly over my waist I tucked back into him more.

Gasping at the words floating around I leaned forward grabbing a handful of popcorn and throwing it in Erik’s face. Laughing and pointing the group pointed as I threw the half filled bowl at Andy as he aided Erik with taunting me.

We should probably go before Ellie flips the table.’ Special teased. Pointing I glared at him lightly. ‘Besides it’s late.’ He added noting the cool air nipping at everyone’s exposed skin and the dark Texas night sky floating above us.

With that we all got up, packed everything up, and went our separate ways. Travis and I back to his house, and the rest of the group towards their hotel. None of them wanted to ruin the day by going back to Liz.

Following Travis’s truck I took note of how slow he was going. Every time I was in the car with him he sped his way there. Even if it was a few houses down, his lead foot was down on the gas.

Climbing up the loading ladder I stood next to Travis. His eyes lifted to meet mine as he leaned over the bike pulling one of the straps off it. Leaning closer I bumped my hip with his, causing him to stumble into the cab of his truck slightly.

Smiling I turned and leaned against his bike.

Tapping my fingers against the plastic body of the bright yellow bike I crossed my leg and wiggled one foot. My eyes focused on his as I tipped my head sideway, watching as his eyes shifted up and down my form.

A nervous lump formed in my throat as I pushed some hair out of my face. Those hazel-brown eyes of his focused on my face and I smiled weakly slowly beckoning him with my finger.

He took slow cautious steps closed, watching my finger slowly curl and uncurl at him. Once he was directly in front of me I gingerly tugged on his shirt.

Yes?’ He spoke with out his breath or vibrations hitting my face for a second, letting me know he whispered the word. The way his teeth seemed to pull at his bottom lips and how he stood with tense shoulders showed how nervous he was.

Tugging on his shirt a bit rougher he leaned down and I captured his lips with mine. It took his no time in all to have a hold of my hip as his lips dominated the kiss. Standing I pulled at the side of his neck, trying to get him closer.

Our bodies pressed flush against one another. Reaching down I slipped my fingers into his belt loop pulling his hips closer to mine, causing him to pull back and breathe heavily against my face.

Letting my eyes flutter open I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and watched him. He was staring at how close our bodies were, his lips pulled back over his teeth and he tugged on my hips. Biting my lip I tugged on his belt loop in response. Watching as his eyes snapped up to meet mine I leaned in kissing up his neck. My shoulder bumped and pressed to his and our chest were pressed flush against one another, my lips working up his neck.

Heavy vibrations shook Travis’s chest and up this throat to my lips as I kissed just under his jaw flush and center of his neck. Nipping at the spot the vibrations grew stronger. Smirking I licked the tender spot and gasped as his hands squeezed my ass roughly.

Pulling back I stepped away from him, a small smirk on my lips. He swallowed deeply, his adam’s apple bobbing heavily, as his eyes fluttered open. Taking the inside of my lip between my teeth I tugged on his belt leading him towards back of the truck so we could go inside. He followed closely, pressing himself back against me and walking me down the loading ladder slowly.

You’re a tease.’ Shaking my head I slowly moved my hands. ‘Suspense?’ His chest shook as a smile crossed his features. ‘How is this suspense?’ He asked gently.

Speaking again, he watched my hands as I talked.

how do I know this is leading anywhere.’ He stopped once at the bottom of the loading ladder and raised a brow.

I paused and asked if he wanted to.

Just because I do doesn’t mean I’m going to make you.’ Smiling I rubbed his chest lightly. My hand gripped the stomach of his shirt and pushed it up, causing him to shudder. ‘Do you want to?’ As a response I kissed right between the defined pecks he had. Nodding I nipped at the sensitive flesh.

Letting the shirt drop I pulled back and tugged on his belt again, pulling him towards the garage door eagerly. His rough hands slid under my shirt and gripped my hips lightly as he walked faster, pushing me along again.

A laugh escaped my throat at his eagerness to get to his room faster.

The house was dark as we entered it. Turning around I peered around the slightly open door into the living room. Pulling on Travis I lead him down the hall, freezing as a light turned on in the kitchen while we crept through the living room, heading for the stairs.

Travis gave my hips a nudge to keep moving as he watched the kitchen as well. We’d have to pass the open archway to make it past. It felt like we were in high school sneaking past one of our parents on a weeknight after having gone out partying and drinking till one in the morning. When in reality were full grown adults sneaking past one of his guest because we’d stayed out till ten hanging out and throwing dirt and food in each others faces while joking and laughing.

Pausing by the arch way I crouched down and looked in the door. Liz was riffling through the fridge. Glancing up at Travis leaning over me he peered down at me before we both looked back at the woman.

His hand nudged my shoulders as I quickly slipped by, trying to not let me feet linger too long on the wood floor. Turning once at safety I waited for Travis. He came rushing over and picked me up, moving too the stairs swiftly.

Smiling down at him as he took the stairs four at a time I reattached my lips to his neck, working my way to the front of his throat. His hand gripped my hips a bit tighter as he rushed down the long hallway and now abandoned rooms.
♠ ♠ ♠
ta-da