Falling on Dead Ears

Shattered Glass.

“Yes?” Robert asked softly. Ellie nibbled her lip nervous of what she was asking him. “What?” Robert asked again, seeing how scared she looked.

Softly she took his hand and led him out to the drive way where she’d parked her car the night before.

The small black little car sat on four perfectly flat tires, each with large gashes in the side walls.

She shrugged dramatically. Robert shrugged, just as confused.

“I don’t know sweetheart.” He whispered. “I honestly don’t.” He may have not liked Ellie much, but having someone vandalize her car was going too far for him. Hell it was a car, he felt bad for perfect strangers who got their cars messed with.

Ellie let her shoulder drop defeated at the sight.

“Are you going to see Travis?” Robert mused, eyeing the jersey she wore. He was a little proud of the sight. Most women Travis had dated didn’t want to wear them, yet she was wearing it proudly.

Ellie nodded and looked back at her car, before back at him.

“Do you want me to call him for you?” She nodded weakly and glanced at her shoes.

With a laugh and ruffle of the small woman’s hair Robert headed back inside to call his son.

“Get off me!” Travis laughed, kicking at his friends. “No!” He struggled to get off the ground and keep his neck hidden. He wasn’t ashamed he’d slept with Ellie or that she’d left the mark. No not at all, hell he was proud of it. He just didn’t want to listen to all the taunting, and the guesses of what it was like. “This is your fault!” He huffed as he ran past Ken’s doubled over laughing form.

“What? How?” Ken asked, still laughing with the rest of the crew that wasn’t chasing down the lanky athlete.

The group froze as one of the many phones of the small table began to ring annoyingly. Everyone watched it.

“Travis’s your phones ringing!” Jolene yelled. With that Ken took the opportunity to answer.

“Travis’s phone, Ken speaking…” He stated. He smiled softly at Robert on the other end of the phone. “Hey. Yeah…do what?” He gasped, surprised. “That’s completely uncool. Who would do that?” He asked idly making his way to his car.

“What’s going on?” Erik laughed. Ken held up a finger.

“Yeah I’ll be there in a few for her. Travis is busy getting his ass kicked.” With that Ken hung up and tossed the phone back into the table while grabbing his own. “I’m going to get Ellie. Someone” He dragged the word out and eyed the group. “Slashed her tires.”

“Someone.” Jolene hummed annoyed. “Yeah, Someone.” She snorted.

“Exactly. And just so you all know, no one tell the group of monkeys,” He pointed at Andy, Special, Godfrey, Tommy, and Jeremy chasing Travis around. “What he’s hiding.” With that Jolene and Erik were all ears. “I’m sure it was Liz who slashed her tires because no one gets that big of a hickey on their neck if they don’t go to third base. And Liz is the type of person to freak out on him for getting some loving from his new girl.” With that Ken turned and walked off.

“Oh my god, He’s sooo getting it!” Jolene growled excited.

“I think he already did.” Erik teased. The two burst with laughter as Ken got in his car sighing.

Ellie stood idly in the driveway, waiting for the sticker covered rally car to literally come drifting sideways into it. She’d only witnessed Ken drive once but that was all she needed to see to know how he drove.

Bouncing on her toes nervously she took a few deep breathes. She hadn’t seen Liz yet and she honestly didn’t want to. She had a bad feeling Liz had slashed her tires and feared what would happen if she came face to face with the woman.

A small black SUV rolled up the long driveway startling Ellie. Ken didn’t drive SUV too did he?

Ken drifted corners as he drove quickly to the Pastrana lake house. Humming to himself he stopped for the red light just a block from the large home. He could see several of the houses and glistening lake water. A frown etched its way onto his features. He’d been at Lake Madina for almost a week and Travis had yet to invite him out on the lake. The jerk.

Stepping on the gas he spun the wheel, drifting side ways down the street before pulling it straight into Travis’s drive way. Laughing he stopped at the sight before him.

“Son of a…” He pulled himself out of the car and rushed to the sight. “Get off her!” He pulled the small blonde off and nearly threw her across the drive way. “Ellie?” He asked. Softly he touched the woman’s shoulder. “Ellie…” He sighed as she looked at him with watery eyes. “Come on.” He whispered picking her up. “You…” he pointed at the small blonde sitting on the cement. “Stay the hell away from her, or I swear to god not only will Travis kill you but so will everyone else. Myself included!” He barked.

He didn’t know Ellie but he felt the need to protect her. She couldn’t hear someone coming up behind her or if they came barreling around a corner.

Sliding her through the window into the car he moved around to his side and climbed in. Dialing Travis he sighed deeply.

“Yellow?” Jolene answered.

“Get me Travis now.” Ken barked as he backed out of the driveway quickly. He stopped and checked Ellie. He nodded seeing the six-point harness seatbelt already done. With that he was racing off down the street.

“Yeah?” Travis asked before swearing and telling Andy to leave him be.

“I’m killing Liz.” Ken huffed. Ellie gripped the harness tightly and closed her eyes. She could feel how fast the car seemed to be going. She felt like she was flying in her seat.

“Yeah? Thanks, may, can I ask why?” Travis laughed lightly. He didn’t want Liz around more than anyone.

“She was beating your fucking girlfriend.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided everything can be all sunshine and rainbows. :]
DRAMA! :]