Falling on Dead Ears

Top Gun.

To say the night was awkward was an understatement. It wasn’t because they couldn’t talk, or they didn’t no what to do or say. No, they didn’t make it awkward for each other, it was everyone around them. Travis got teased by old friends he’d purposely severed ties with long ago, people stared at the two as they tried to have conversations watching as if they’d never seen sign-language in their lives before, and when Chrissy a girl Travis had a dated for a blip of a second years ago popped up at the restaurant as they were trying to peel, as peacefully as they could, out of the establishment was when Goose hit the canopy and the jet fighter took a nose dive, Mavrick didn’t even scream for the death of the night as Travis heard it screaming towards the dark water.

Sighing he sat on the bench and placed his head in his hands. Epic fail straight into a brick wall face first with a broken nose, fail.

Ellie stood a few feet away and smiled at him. He’d tried to hard for everything to perfect. First with the button-up shirt, that he looked amazing in, next he took her to an amazing Mexican place, which was her favorite food, and they were suppose to go to Ice Cream but after Chrissy and a few of her friends had invited themselves he’d simply parked at a park half way there and decided he needed fresh air.

Walking over she sat next to him as he silently beat himself up, face in his hands, head hung low, shoulders slumped in defeat as he rested his elbows on his knees.

Gently touching his leg she smiled at him as he spread his fingers and looked over at her, to ashamed to actually take his face out of his hands. Smiling she pulled at his fingers trying to get his head out of his hands as he looked away.

She sighed as he refused to budge. He was far too deep in thought to care really. He needed to find a way to save this night. Sure, ignoring her right now probably wasn’t helping but he needed to think in peace. What would make her forget everything that happened?

Sighing Ellie gently kissed his shoulder and leaned against him. Sighing he peered at her through his fingers again and smiled lightly. She looked so beautiful.

Ellie sat there for a few minutes before she stood and walked a couple of circles not noticing Travis was now staring at her, head out of his hands. He was worried, was she mad? She’d just gotten up and walked away. Was he making the night worse?

Ellie was just giving him his space like he did for her when she was upset and it wasn’t his fault. She didn’t know what to say, and even if she did he wouldn’t look at her so she could, to make this night better. To let him know she didn’t really care she still enjoyed going out with him.

She paused seeing the swing set and smiled. With out thinking she walked over to it and sat down, swinging lightly, her eyes wandering to Travis watching her with a small smile. Waving at him her smile grew. Atleast he wasn’t sulking anymore, right?

Travis waved back timidly. He couldn’t understand how she was smiling. Their evening was practically a lifeless floating body tangled in its own parachute.

“I gotta stop watching Top Gun.” He mumbled into his palm as he frowned at the ground. His eyes spotted it. Biting his lip he glanced back at Ellie and smiled faintly.

Pushing her self lightly she clung to the cool rusted chains, her hands coating slightly in the residue as she sat their staring at the dirt below her shoes. A soft cool night breeze tugged through her thin red long sleeve shirt and her loose falling hair. Clicking her tongue she took notice to how the vibrations felt off her lips and how the muscles in the side of her mouth seemed to twitch to make the sound she didn’t hear.

The pair of dirty black DC’s came into her line of sight as dust and pits of sand fluttered up around her legs. Lifting her gaze her eyes stopped on the small white daisy. She blinked startled before snapping her eyes to Travis’s shy features.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered as he held it out to her more. Her brows narrowed confused at him. She didn’t understand what he was sorry. It wasn’t his fault certain things happened and the night turned out the way it had. “I wanted to night to be perfect.” She smiled taking the flower as Travis sat on the swing next to her. He glanced up at her. “I wanted something we do together not scare you half to death or be a complete mess.” His jaw tightened as he frowned. “I guess I ruin and make everything a complete disaster.” He whispered more to himself than to her. The thought was sickening to him. He’d never had such trouble with anything before in his life.

Ellie reached out with a slight whine as she touched his cheek. He didn’t ruin anything for her, sure he made a mess of things, but that never bothered her. Off of a dirt bike Travis Alan Pastrana was a massive goof and klutz that had trouble walking from point A to point B. He usually went from point A to point where the hell am I going? And that was before his ADD hit.

She slowly moved her hands at him.

You don’t ruin things Travis. She paused and licked her lips as he watched her hands closely. You make them more colorful and interesting. I’m not going to lie. You make a mess, but it’s always a fun interesting mess that I love and enjoy she smiled at him as he stared at her.

Travis swallowed nervously as he grabbed the chain or her swing and puller her closer, slamming his lips against her. What Jolene said to him earlier ringing in his ears as he pressed his lips to her desperately.

‘She adores and loves you’ echoed in his head like a broken record as his chest felt tight with need and want like he’d never known before.

Ellie kissed back meeting his need, she didn’t understand why he was being so gently aggressive but she met his need.

Parting she watched his chest heave despite the fact they hadn’t been attached long enough for him to be breathless. Ellie stared at him concerned. He looked so upset, so broken. Reaching out she touched his cheek concerned as a worried whine left her throat.

Travis leaned into her touch as his eye fluttered closed.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. Ellie frowned. “I just…” He licked his lips before he turned kissing her palm repeatedly and up her arm causing her to smile and giggle softly at his actions. “I just really…” His brows narrowed confused at the sound. Ellie blinked just as confused, her hand reaching up to touch his cheek gently to encourage him to go on. She couldn’t

“Travis!” Groaning he fell backwards of the swing in defeated.

Ellie jumped up off her swing and rushed to his side. Her hands barely touched his chest as she stared at him worriedly. Travis groaned at her and pouted.

“I’m sorry.” He stated running his hand up and down her side soothingly. “Wait for it.” He added at her confused features, the confusion only deepening at his words.

“I haven’t seen you in years!” The girl laughed standing over the two of them. Ellie blinked up startled by the pair of strappy heels on the other side of Travis’s fallen form.

“Yeah.” He grumbled gently. Sorry Goose, I couldn’t save you.

He ran a large hand over his face slightly annoyed. He was never leaving his house again or watching Tom Gun by himself ever again no matter how bored he got.

“How are you?” She gasped as she eyed Ellie. “Hi I’m Sam.” Ellie simply waved, a tight smile on her face. Ellie couldn’t take meeting another one of Travis’s past girlfriends. One was evil and scared her half to death, the other was overly cheery and way to nice to be a normal human being. Chrissy had to be from mars.

“This is Ellie.” Travis stated his hands moving as he talked. “My girlfriend.” He added. Sam frowned at him and popped her hip.

To Ellie she looked like a stripper. The clear strappy heels, the short metallic snake skin skirt and the tiny black tank top.

“What are you doing with you’re hands?” Sam pressed slightly annoyed to watch the movements.

“Oh…” Travis looked at his hands. Had he really been signing again? “Sign language.” Sam frowned at him. “Ellie’s deaf.” He smiled at Ellie as she smiled back. “On another note, what the hell are you wearing?” He asked noticing her attire as well.

“I was having a girls night and walking home.” Sam shrugged. “We should hang out some time.” She stated with a wave of her hand before she strutted off.

“Umm….no.” Travis stated as he sat up. “So much for tonight, huh?” He laughed nervously. Ellie blinked startled.

Who was she? Ellie asked slowly, not sure if she really wanted to the answer.

“Friend from high school…” he turned to look at the woman. “Who I don’t remember being a slut.” Ellie giggled at his words. He smiled back at her. “I’m sorry about tonight.” Ellie shrugged and kissed him gently, making his smile grow.

There’s always next time. Travis beamed at this.

“So you don’t totally hate me right now?” His insides swelled with joy as a giant weight lifted off his shoulders.

Shaking her head Ellie kissed him gently.

Travis laughed tackling her gently into the dirt, hugging her tightly. Laughing she hugged him back tightly. Travis didn’t move till she started wiggling and soft sputters of giggles leaked from her lips.

Laughing he scooped her up and tossed her small frame over his shoulder, laughing as she clutched his shirt tightly with her legs flailing wildly. A giggle echoed out of her lips as Travis rushed around the park, spinning a few times here and there before he toppled forward on his knees groaning in pain and grateful Ellie couldn’t hear him nearly swear to the gods and back for it.

Falling forward on one hand he gently put her down in the grass and smiled down at her as she giggled. She gently pushed her hair out of her face and smiled wildly at him. Smiling back he leaned down pressing his lips to hers gently. Ellie let her eyes flutter closed and began kissing back.

Their lips worked heatedly together until the need for air forced them to part.

I like how tonight’s ending. She smiled, chest heaving as she struggled to breath. Travis nodded as well, in the same heavy breathed situation.

Not a total waste of a night. He clarified. Shaking her head Ellie gripped the front of his shirt and tugged him down. One of the button popped off causing her to blink surprised as Travis laugh.

“Easy now. I just bought this yesterday…” He trailed off as she bit her lip and purposely ripped the next button off. “I know you want me but,” She simply pulled his lips to her a bit forcefully and successfully shutting him up.

Travis moaned gently against her lips.

“’Ome.” Ellie forced out of her lips. Travis let out a shaky breath. He adored hearing her actually talk. That deep dry voice struggling to tell him something, trying to show him how she felt, verbalizing what she could sign so much easier. He just adored it.

“Home.” He nodded scooping her up. “Aw, you ruined my shirt.” He teased noticing how many buttons were missing. The only part of the shirt still buttoned were the one right over his belly button and the two below it. The top to buttons were still attached to the shirt but the three between the second button and the one over his belly button were missing. Ellie rolled her eyes at him grasping his hand and tugging him along eagerly. Laughing he began running, picking her up as he did so and ignoring the screaming in his knees, this would be the best they’d feel all night.

“That shirt didn’t last…long…” Andy laughed as he saw the dirty dust and ripped up shirt as Travis entered the house, Ellie giggling over his shoulder as he rushed for the stairs. “I’m guessing they’re having a good night.” He added.

“Or they’re going to.” Jim chuckled.

Travis tossed Ellie on the bed, once the door was locked, and crawled over her kissing her skin gently as he placed kisses everywhere but her lips. Groaning Ellie began fumbling with the buttons on his shirt.

“Trah-vis.” His hands shook. God his name never sounded so good.

Sighing he let his eyes wander the thin white sheet hugging to her curves as she slept against his side. Licking his lips he leaned over her, groaning as his back ached, and gently let his nose ghost over the skin of her shoulder. Letting his eyes wander to her face he smiled and gently kissed her shoulder.

“I think I love you.” He whispered against her skin weakly, terrified of the words leaving his mouth.

Swallowing he bit his lip and hugged her close, as if he’d loose her if he didn’t. Nestling his head in the crook of her neck he let sleep and exhaustion finally consume him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading.
Comment please. :]