Falling on Dead Ears

Actions speak louder than words

I pointed at him and narrowed my eyes while popping my hip out to make my point with out words. His mouth floundered as he pointed out the window at the bright sunny day he was just itching to take the calm and serenity out of.

Pointing at him again I moved my finger towards the couch and pointed at it sternly. Pouting like a five-year-old he pointed outside again with a puppy dog look to his eyes. As cute as he was he wasn’t going to wreck his knee not even two days out of the hospital after a month stuck in it for tests.

Pointing at the couch I could feel my jaw tighten at him. Taking in a deep breath I licked my lips trying to contain my anger. It was bad enough I came home from the grocery store yesterday to find him outside on his bike with his friends, the instigators as I liked to call them now, but to wake up and find him trying to hobble out of the house.

Please?’ He pouted.

Sucking in another deep breath I shifted my weight and pointed. Grumbling he moved to the couch so I wouldn’t have to attempt to throw him there and hurt him more or myself in the process.

You’re mean.’ He pouted up at me. Rolling my eyes I lifted his leg onto a pillow on the coffee table. ‘I could’ve…’ He stopped talking as I put my finger in his face, telling him to shut it. ‘I thought you cared about me…’ Blinking surprised I stared at him amazed he’d just said that.

Reaching over I smacked him up side the head lightly. Shaking my head I moved to the DVD case and pulled out a movie. Putting it in I kept glancing over my shoulder to make sure he was still there. Not being able to hear him shift or move put me on edge, he could sneak off so easily.

Glancing again I lifted the case throwing it at him. His hands went up in surrender as he lowered himself back to the couch and put his leg back up. Huffing I hit play and wander over to him.

What do I have to do to keep you inside? Tie you down? I asked concerned as Travis once again trying to get out of the house with a sheepish smile on his face.

Maybe.’ Raising a brow I placed both my hands on my hips, questioning what he was talking about.

So you want to be tied down and locked away.

Depends on the circumstances.’ He smirked. Smacking him I pointed to the television, watching as he pouted. I could feel a blush creeping up my cheeks at what he was implying. Dirty little freak.

It wasn’t so much as confining him to the house, no. He was just exiled from the garage because that led to dangerous stunts that he didn’t need two weeks out of the hospital. His smile faded into a frown.

But I wanna ride!

Bend you’re knee. Was all I demanded of him. His gaze slowly wandered down to his knee, staring at it in contemplation. I wasn’t surprised he was mulling over the idea of actually bending it at the moment. Snapping my fingers he glanced up at me concerned. With out grimacing, swearing, hissing, or groaning in pain and discomfort. His face twisted up annoyance. He hadn’t been able to bend it with out any of those due to the pain. His body was still adjusting to his newest metal.

You’re worse than my mother.’ He pouted as I snapped and pointed for him to turn around and head back to the living room. Huffing he hobbled past me, using his cane for support. Why he wouldn’t use crutches I didn’t know but I was grateful. He’d move a hellva lot faster on crutches than with just a cane. ‘Can I sit on the patio atleast?’ I nodded as if the question was stupid. He’d been out their most the time.

You can go outside, you just can’t go in the garage or down the hill. Saluting he slid the glass door open and hobbled out into the sunshine, probably screaming something about freedom as he did so-knowing him.

Following him to the door I stopped at the vibrations around my ankles. Turning I watched the front door slam shut and Derek come sauntering in. My eyes narrowed at the sight of him.

don’t look at me like that.’ He snapped. ‘Travis! Hey! Let’s get to –” I made sure the contact my hand made with his face was firm and hard.

Watching him blink I glared, knowing my words fell on foreign eyes. Pointing at the front door I shifted my weight, hoping he’d catch the drift that he was to show himself out.

You think –

My hand made another painful connection with his cheek before I pointed again. His browns narrowed and as his mouth opened I hit him harder, and pointed once more. I didn’t want him in my house, not after what happened and not while he still had the idea Travis was in good enough shape to ride, let alone attempt the trick again.

His hand latched around my wrist as I pulled it back to hit again when his mouth opened. Tugging on his firm grip I glared at him. He simply glared back at me lifting his other hand. His eyes snapped up behind me and let me go as if I’d burned him.

Turning Travis stood in the doorway glaring as he leaned most his weight against the door frame.

Stepping back away from Derek I licked my lips nervously, rubbing my sore wrist. My eyes drifted to the floor nervously and stayed focused there.

The choppy vibrations made my shoulders tense slightly as the smooth vibrations of the sliding door echoed behind them. Glancing up at Travis he stared down at me blankly, quickly I rolled my fist over my chest trying to tell him I was sorry. He didn’t respond simply took my hand and rolled it over looking at my bruising wrist.

He could’ve hurt severely you.’ He stated. My mouth floundered as I slipped my hand out of his grip and held it to my chest. ‘Why would you do that?’ Again my mouth floundered as I watched him unable to form words. ‘Why?’ His brows narrowed in aggression as his nostrils flared dangerously.

Because he’s going to be the death of you. With that said I backed up and took off away from him.

I hide in once of the unused rooms near the back of the house scared of what his reaction would be at the moment. I’d just slapped his trainer, granted it was the ass that injured him, and was spending the days bossing him around so he wouldn’t hurt himself. He probably hated me.

Tears stung my eyes at the thought. I’d made the man I loved potentially hate me.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's not enough drama in this fluffy, lovey-dovey story.
Time to spice things up. :]
Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting.
Sorry for the weight. I had to figure out the best drama. :]
Found it!
Enjoy.