Falling on Dead Ears

Off a Bridge

Gliding the backdoor open slowly a tentative step and a deep breath in followed. The wafting scent of flowers hit her nose boldly. Peeling her eyes open slowly she blinked startled.

The inside of the house was bathed in her favorite flowers. Large bright yellow sunflowers, different colored lilies most of them star gazer lilies, and small butter cups and daises fitted between them.

Both hands slapped over her mouth at the sight, the over whelming smell, and that Travis had actually gone to such lengths. Removing, slowly, one hand from her mouth her fingers gently graced the silky petals of one of the closer lilies. Nibbling her lips she cast her glanced around the front room.

The kitchen light was on.

Wandering over she smiled weakly at the smell of hot pockets. Ever after all his cooking lessons he still couldn’t cook, or atleast he didn’t attempt to on his own. Peering into the kitchen Ellie’s whole body froze at the person standing in front of microwave.

Well, well, well. Look who’s coming running back with her tail between her legs.’ Ellie swallowed nervously at the sight of the woman.

Licking her lips Ellie looked around the kitchen for any sight of Travis. Once against the kitchen was mimicking the living room, flowers were everywhere. The small woman fell into her line of sight once more seeing the garage door open behind her. Liz shifted blocking the view of the door.

I’m amazed you came back.’ Backing up Ellie glanced behind her, and focusing on where Liz stood in the kitchen. ‘You know. I have to thank you.’ Ellie paused at those words. ‘Because you ran away it’s given my the perfect opportunity to nurse his broken heart.’ Glaring Ellie flipped her off and began walking along.

Ellie rushed for the front door. Pausing at the movement on the couch she spun around as Travis rolling over on the plush seats. His shirt twisted around his torso, his hair a tousled mess, his mouth hung open in sleep with his knee propped up sleeping. In his hand was clutched a red rose.

Smiling she walked over to him. Kneeling down next to the couch Ellie pulled the blanket from the back over him. Sighing she began adjusting his shirt for him. He shifted under her touch, slowly sitting up.

Pulling back she sucked in deep breaths and raised her hand in one simple sign, a sign almost everyone knew. Perspiration began to collect over her shaking hands while the heat of her pulse pounding in her head colored her face a stunning red.

Travis grounded rubbing his face, his back ached from sleeping on the couch so many nights. Reach out he rubbed his throbbing knee gently. A pair of small hands began untwisting his jeans from around his swollen knee.

His frown deepened, Liz would’ve slapped his hand then his knee and told him to stop being a baby not helped him. He didn’t understand why the hell she was around. He’d tried to get her to go away but she was like a coach roach and just wouldn’t crawl in a whole and die.

Ellie swallowed nervously as his tired eyes lifted to her. Sucking in a deep breath she held her hand up once again. Travis froze seeing her.

Slowly his eyes shifted to her hand before back at her face. Holding the rose out quickly he swallowed nervously as she frowned at it.

I’m sorry.’ He stated quickly once Ellie had taken the rose ‘I didn’t mean to yell at…

Ellie leaned down clutching her face as the can bounced off her cheek. Tears that had welled in her eyes from fear of rejection began to leak from the pain. Both hands held to the throbbing in her face as she leaned closer to the floor to avoid anything else.

Travis slid off the couch quickly and tucked Ellie into his chest flawlessly hugging her into him. His heart swelled at the felling of holding her against him after four days with out her, yet it sank because she was in pain.

Picking up the small can of spices Travis glared over the back of the couch at Liz glaring from the doorway.

“I want that bitch outta my house.” Liz stated at him, hands on her hips.

“It’s not your house! It’s mine.” Travis growled. Rubbing Ellie’s back he placed a gentle kiss on her head. “and I want you out.” He finished. “I’m so sorry.” He whispered into Ellie’s hair. “So fucking sorry. I love you. I love you.” Swallowing the lump in his throat he pulled her away from him looking down at her.

Ellie glanced up at him nervously.

I love you.’ She quickly pressed her lips to his.

Travis leaned back into the feeling of her lips caressing his and hugged her closer to his burning body. He needed her as much as she needed him at the moment. Cupping one hand to her cheeks he pulled her lips to his rougher while keeping the slow steady pace they had.

“Travis Alan Pastrana! Get off the whore now!” Liz yelled.

Pulling out his phone Travis looked out at texting the guys for pest removal. Dropping his phone he placed his hand back on Ellie’s cheek.

“I love you.” He stated again, proud to be saying it. She smiled at him, tears running down her cheeks. “Please don’t cry.” He begged nervously.

“Travis!” Liz yelled ripping Ellie away from him.

“Liz! Get the hell out! Let her go.” Ellie clutched Liz’s wrist nervously as Liz’s tightening grip on her hair. Whining at the position she was in she tugged on Liz’s wrist. “Let her go.” Travis growled standing up with a wobble and pained grunt.

“What do you see in her?” Liz yelled as Ellie began kicking her legs, as if it would help any, and tugging on her wrist more.

“Everything you’re not.” Travis snapped his cane against Liz’s forearm. She snapped her hand away from Ellie and stumbled back. “Get out.” He swallowed nervously, guilt from hitting a woman with, even the small amount he’d used of force. “Now.” He stated pulling Ellie behind him quickly.

“Make me.” Liz growled.

The front door burst open. Andy, Special, and Jim rolled through it holding different items covered in safety gear. Andy had a hockey stick with goalie pads, Special had a baseball bat and ES padding, and Jim had a crow bar with hockey pads on. Standing in awkward positions Andy jabbed his hockey stick with a war cry as he pulled down a goalie’s mask. Travis rolled his eyes at the sight, trying not to smile, as Ellie stared confused. She had no idea why they were there or what they were yelling.

“Oh shut up!” Liz yelled.

“Attack!” Andy yelled. Tommy came busting through the door.

“Oh shit!” Spinning Travis tossed Ellie onto the couch and dove out of the way.

Sitting up Ellie gasped, hands over her mouth at Liz pinned under Tommy, who smiled and waved at her brightly. Her mouth floundered at the group moving in, Andy gabbed with his hockey stick

“You guys alright?” Jim’s words fell on Ellie’s deaf ears and never greeted her eyes as she watched Travis slowly sit up.

“I’m amazing.” Travis smiled at them. The four frowned confused.

“Aww, they made up.” Special cooed. The others began making kissing sounds and puckering their lips at the two.

“Oh go throw her off a bridge.”

“With pleasure!” Andy yelled. “To the nearest bridge!” He declared as they whisked a screaming, kicking, yelling Liz out the door.

Ellie watched as Travis turned to her smiling at her. Everything that had just happened in those short brief moments were lost to her deaf ears. All she saw was a flying hockey pads and fat, waving objects that easily could inflict pain, and Liz kicking her legs wildly. No way on indicating words.

“Don’t worry about.” Travis smiled leaning into her. “I love you.” He whispered gently pressing his lips to hers.

Smiling she pressed her lips back to his and placed her hand on his chest. Reaching to hold her hand his smile grew for the simply sign pressed to his between his paw like hand and toned chest.

‘I love you.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing.