Falling on Dead Ears

I love you

Travis watched the older boy move over to his left and quickly stepped between him and Ellie glaring. The boy stopped looking up at him with a glare.

“Uh….” Andy stated watching Ellie bolt out of the kitchen. “Hey, Trav…” Travis turned to him. Simply pointing at the open door he pursed his lips in an awkward frown.

Travis eyed the open door before turning back to Ellie’s family.

“Clearly she doesn’t want you around, so for her sake, leave. Now”

“You don’t know what’s best for her.” The older boy snapped. “We do.”

“Clearly you don’t since she’s running from you. She’s running.” Travis snapped. “I’ve never seen her back down from anything, or run from anyone. Expect you people. Obviously there are some issues here and I don’t think they need to be addressed right now. So leave.”

“I’ll leave with my Ellie, only then will I leave.” The boy snapped.

“We won’t leave with out her Mr. Pastrana.” Ellie’s father snapped. “There is no way I’m leaving my daughter with you. Clearly you can’t even support yourself.” Travis’s head reeled.

“Right, I don’t own hundreds of acres of land, I don’t have hundreds of millions of dollars in my bank account, I’m not working almost every day and adding to that. I don’t own my own house. I haven’t shaped a sport as vastly as I have. I’m a completely failure, you’re right.” He snapped. “and,” he leaned in the older boys face. “She’s not your Ellie, she’s mine.” Turning he hobbled his way out of the kitchen.

Standing on the patio he eyed the cool, quite backyard.

“Mr. Pastrana!”

“Mr. Raymundo, please, kindly,” Travis glanced over his shoulder. “Shut the fuck up.” With that Travis tossed aside his crutches, gave a silent prayer his knee would hold up and began moving down the grassy hill.

His knee began to burn as he made it to the garage and grabbed his Honda. Staring it he didn’t grab anything just swung his leg over it and took off out the open garage door. Passing Ellie’s father and the older boy as he headed towards the woods.

“Keep them off my shit!” He yelled at Tommy and Andy as he passed them.

“Aye aye Capitan!”

Travis actually knew where to go, he knew Ellie’s secret hiding place out in the woods behind his house. She’d shown him where she’d hid during their fight. Weaving around trees and making it seem as if he was actually looking he slowed as he saw her curled up tightly under a tree, head against his knees.

Tossing the bike to the side and letting it scream he hurried over to her. She lifted her head slowly from her knees and glanced up at him. Slowly kneeling before her he took her shoulders in his hands and sighed.

“Don’t do that again!” He gasped in relief. “You scared the hell out of me.” The soft sigh left his lips as he eyed her shaken form. The worry in her eyes more evident than the dirt mounds in his backyard.

“Why’d you run?” He asked concerned. Sure there were days he didn’t like his family or other people but he never ran from them unless he was scared of them, no, unless he was terrified of them for one reason or another.

Her mouth floundered before she cast her gaze to the ground, crossing her legs and playing with the bottom of her pants.

Tapping the bottom of her chin Travis sighed as her hazel eyed lifted to his. The gentle glisten of tears laced the bottom of her eyes as a soft sniffle echoed from her.

“Why did you run from your family?” He asked softly. “Please I want to know what’s wrong. I want to help.” Licking his lips he watched her. “Hey.” He breathed as she hugged him closer to her shivering body.

Rubbing her back soothingly he took in deep breaths as he tucked her closer to him.

“It’s okay. I promise. I’m not letting you go.” He whispered into her hair. “I’m…” Trailing off he closed his eyes focusing on her hands pressing to his chest, spelling.

Can I.

Sucking in a deep breath he paused as she did.

Tell you.

She seemed to fumble.

When we.

Travis swallowed nervously.

Have more time?

Pulling back he looked down at her meeting her watery gaze. Frowning he removed a few of her tears.

“Is it going to take time?” Ellie nodded weakly at him. “Okay. Hide in the RV, I’ll meet you there once I can get them to leave me the hell alone. Okay?” She nodded weakly. Travis had never seen her to broken, so scared before. Not even with her aunt. “I’ll won’t let them get you.”

Ellie leaned up kissing him gently. Travis leaned into it. Both enjoying the feeling more than the first time they’d ever kissed each other. It wasn’t a simple peck of a possible future relationship, no this was a kiss to let the other know nothing was going to come between them.

Their lips began to work against the others more lovingly as Travis laid Ellie down in the dirt. Each not ready to part from the other, but Travis did at the sound of another bike.

“Go to the RV.” He breathed, running his hand down her cheek. “I love you.”

I love you so much. Ellie signed as Travis got up rushing to his bike with a heavy limp. Standing herself she brushed her self off ever so slightly and began moving towards the shed as Travis rode off towards it at twice her speed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading.
Because everyone made a big deal over the cliffhanger I decided to make the wait longer will still giving you guys something. :]
Thanks for reading and commenting though. Means alot to me. :]