Falling on Dead Ears

Happily Ever After

Why? Ellie asked as Andy pushed her towards the terminal. She thought they were picking Travis up, not sending her back to him. I’m so confused, what’s happening? She pressed urgently.

“Hell if I know. I just know Gimp called and said to send ya home, it was important.” Andy shrugged.

Is he hurt? She panicked.

Again Andy only shrugged, just as confused.

“The man gives no details on anything. Just says I promise it won’t hurt, or you got this. That’s it. This is one of those situation.” Andy shrugged, just as confused.

With a soft whine Ellie grabbed the bag Andy was holding for her and moved down the terminal. She didn’t want to go back to Juan. That was the only thing she was afraid of.

Her fingers tapped on her knees the whole flight as she looked out the window, trying to think of all the possibilities. She could tell without even looking the woman next to her was irritated by her constant finger tapping but she just couldn’t help it. Was her family and Juan gone? But if they were wouldn’t have Travis simply told her?

Getting off the plane she looked around the terminal for a familiar face, all she found was Tommy holding a sign with ‘Awesome Deaf Chick’ written on it. She moved towards him nervously, holding her bag closely to her chest she forced a smile at him.

“Don’t worry. It’s nothing bad.” Tommy stated. Hugging her close they moved out into the parking lot and the large vehicle that Tommy drove around.

Fumbling with her hands she watched the scenery pass her by. She nibbled on her bottom lip as they grew closer to the place she’d called home for the longest and happiest time of her life. Yet she couldn’t bring herself to smile or be happy to be returning. She hadn’t been gone long enough for her family, or better yet for Juan, to have left and leave her home in peace and serenity. The way she remembered it best.

The truck pulled past the front gates and she pushed herself up right into the seat and took in deep shaky breath. Once the truck stopped she looked at the oddly still and peaceful looking house before at Tommy’s empty driver seat, the driver side door wide open.

With trembling hands she got out of the truck and watched Tommy grab her bag. She didn’t move till he did, he lead her up to the front door and watched as he pushed the door open and stepped aside watching her. Instructing her inside she did as told and stopped at the usually open house covered in flowers once again. She could only remember one other time when the house had been filled with her favorite flowers. Travis had told her that he loved her for the first time.

Turning around she stopped at the closed door with her bag sitting by it and Tommy missing completely. Mouth floundering she slowly turned back and moved farther into the house only to freeze.

Her eyes bugged at the sight before her. Rubbing her eyes she slowly opened them to see him smiling at her.

You’re… her hands could barely form words for the sight as well.

Travis stood in a suit, the tie feeling as if it was choking him, and a red rose in his right hand. His hair cut and combed back looking like a million dollars.

“Hi.” He smiled at her with the simple sign. She gave a weak wave at him. “Yes,” he looked down at himself as he began to slowly cross the room. “I’m in a suit.” He stated once he’d looked back up.

Ellie vaguely nodded at the sight, still in utter shock.

Why? She managed to find her voice and words.

Travis stopped right in front of her and handed her the rose slowly. Smelling it she watched him closely. He was acting funny to her. She had half a mind to ask if Juan or her father had beat his head in or something.

“I want to ask you something.” Travis stated. Ellie nodded weakly.

She watched a she smiled and dropped down to one knee. The rose in her hand dropped as he lifted a ring in his left hand and stared her in the eyes.

“Will you marry me?” He asked simply. Ellie nearly feel over as she covered her mouth. “Will you Ellie?” he asked nervously.

Nodding Ellie lunged at him, hugging him close to her. Travis laughed, wrapping his arms around her tightly. He was taking that as a yes.

“I love you.” He whispered into her hair despite the fact he knew she couldn’t hear it. It was the thought that counted.

Pulling back she watched as he slid the simple ring onto her hand. She kissed him gently and pulled him close before pulling back. Travis frowned with a whine, he hadn’t kissed her in forever.

What about my family? And Juan? She asked quickly.

“Juan’s gone and your family gave us their blessing…” Travis turned to look at all three of them watching. Ellie looked at her family and smiled at the thought as he mother cried heavily and her Father even smiled at them.

Crying Ellie pulled Travis close to him. Travis simply placed a sign against her chest and smiled as her hand moved over it before placing it to his chest as well. It was a sign most people knew and it was true between the two of them. Just a simple I Love You.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.