Falling on Dead Ears

Fight in Night

Travis stepped back with a deep sigh as one of his hands gently touched his lips. That had to be the best kiss of his life. Stumbling along the beach, almost drunkenly, he made his way home and sat on the deck steps. He didn’t even want to go inside, he wanted to relive each moment he’d kissed her. The way her soft lips molded to his. How her hands rested against his chest or on his cheeks. How he got to hold her thin rounded hips, his fingers feeling the soft flesh that covered the muscle and bone below. Her hair had even tickled the flesh of his neck, dancing in the soft summer breeze.

Letting out a deep breath he touched his lips again, slowly. He wished he was still kissing her.

“Travis.” His heart sank as the harsh tone punctured his daydream. Groaning he leaned back on the stairs staring up at his dad. “Really?” Robert huffed. Travis groaned.

“Go away dad.” Travis sighed.

“You can’t seriously like her?” Robert gasped surprised. Travis sat up and looked out at the beautiful lake not too far from him.

“I do really like her. Is that a problem?” Travis questioned as his mind began working.

“Yes it is!” Travis stood up, spinning to his dad.

“Why?” Travis’s loud voice echoed through the closed door catching everyone’s attention. The group stood and headed out to the deck. “What’s so wrong with her? Huh? What’s wrong with the girl I like now dad?” Travis barked. Robert was always picky of his son’s girlfriends. At first Travis thought it was because his dad was simply being protective, now it was just annoying and far from the truth.

“She’s not good enough for you!” Robert barked back.

“Oh yeah, like all the rest. You’ve only ever liked one of my girlfriend and things didn’t work out with her! Sorry she’s not Liz!” Travis huffed. He hated that woman with a passion and his dad loved her. “I like Ellie, deal with it!” Travis pushed past his dad towards his friends watching by the back door.

“She’s deaf!” Robert roared. Travis stopped and turned to his dad.

“Is that the only thing you can find wrong with her? Because just so you know, I think she’s flawless and her being deaf,” Travis took a deep breath trying to calm himself as Jolene put a hand on his shoulder. “Her being deaf doesn’t bother me so why should it bother you? You’re not the one that wants to date her. You’re not the one that’s going to kiss those flawless lips. I am. And just so you know,” He pointed his temper rising again. “She’s a damn good kisser and it felt amazing.” He breathed. A cocky smile on his lips as he watched his father’s glare deepened. “It felt perfect, and right, and like nothing could touch me. I won’t let you, ruin this for me.” He finished with a large shrug and sympathetic smile.

“And if it goes somewhere?” Robert hissed. Travis laughed.

“Amazing! Good! I want it to!” He tossed his arms in the air of the thought.

“What if your kids come out deaf?” Travis frowned.

“Is that what you’re afraid of? That my kids might not be able to listen to your lame ass stories and not hear you barking orders at them? Cause I’m not, I hope my kids come out deaf so they don’t listen to you at this point.” Travis could hardly believe the words leaving his lips, but he didn’t care.

“Travis…” Robert whispered shocked like the rest.

“I’m sick of you picking on every girl I like. I really, really, like her. A lot dad! And I won’t let you get in the way. Hell, I’m still mad these idiots,” He pointed over his shoulder at his dumbfounded friends. “for ruining today, yet I’m happy they did because I got a kiss from it…and that wasn’t in my plans!” He couldn’t help but laugh. “You won’t ruin this for me.” With that he turned heading inside. He now understood why Ellie had left her home town to begin with. Some people just couldn’t handle another person having a disability like hers.

Ellie sat up in her room looking out the window at the beach. Travis was waving her down with a wide smile. Frowning she pressed a piece of paper to the window and sighed. She could clearly see Travis’s shoulders drop before be shrugged and began waving her out again.

Travis wasn’t going to let her aunt get in the way if he wasn’t letting his dad. Who cares if she was locked in, she had a window…right?

Ellie tugged on the window and shrugged.

On not.

Travis huffed before lifting a finger and rushing off.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?