Falling on Dead Ears

Sweet memories

Smiling down at the beach I sat in the window. It didn’t take more the five minutes for Jolene to take Travis’s spot on the beach and give me a thumbs up. Lifting my hands I shrugged at her and shook them back and forth, asking a simple, confused what?

Tumbling backwards at the face in my window my hand went to my heart. Travis smiled waving at me form the small ledge outside the window. Waving his hand he pointed at the window and smiled at me.

Open the window.’ He beamed. Letting my shoulders drop I sat up and began tugging on the window, showing it wouldn’t open, then pointed at the broken off lock. Shrugging again I smiled weakly at him. ‘Damn it…’ he turned his head and cupped a hand over his mouth. ‘I got this.’ He smiled at me.

Turning he waited, hand raised, only for a large flat piece of metal to almost fall short of his reach. Turn back to the window he smiled and he slid it under the window, trying to find the lock. I watched him.

This is just like Jim’s old window.’ I frowned at those words. The lock clicked and he pushed the thin glass up. ‘told you I got this.’ The cocky grin on his lips made my knees weak as he stepped into the room. He jumped as the air on the ground began to shake and vibrate.

Grabbing his arm I pushed him down and closed the window. His confused face was so damn adorable; it made it difficult to shove him under my bed. Placing my finger to my lips I stood up and moved to the door, having it open.

Blinking I looked at my Aunt confused. She glanced around the room then to the closed window. Moving past me I watched her confused as she looked out the window. Walking up behind her I peered down at Travis’s group of friends watching on the beach, flailing their arms around.

Her cold brown eyes landed on me before she huffed out of the room, locking the door on the way. Sighing I sat down on the floor and lifted the blankets, smiling at Travis.

She’s keeping you locked up why?’ All I could do was point at him. Apparently he was a horrible person and I’d just get hurt. ‘what’d I do?’ Shrugging I sighed and held my hand out to him.

Wiggling his large from out from under my bed, where I’d stuffed him, he sat next to me. Smiling he leaned over kissing me quickly.

I’m sure my heart stopped, because I know my breathing did. His lips just felt so good against mine.

Let’s go.’ With that he was back at the window before ducking. ‘we wait.’ Standing I peered out the window and frowned. My aunt was down on the beach chasing away his friends from on the deck. We had no way out.

Sitting down in front of Travis I smiled at him weakly and shrugged. He’d tried. Sighing he fiddled with his fingers and glanced around my room. My eyes followed where his went around the plain white room.

This is really your room?’ He asked. Shaking my head I moved next to him and tucked my legs to my chest. I focused on him as he frowned. ‘Good, because it doesn’t seem like you…its too…blah.’ He poked his tongue out at me, a wide goofy smile on his features.

How could one man be so damn cute yet complete sexy the next?

Sighing I watched as he leaned back against the wall and ran a hand through his unruly hair, proving my point. His shirtless form and the thoughtful expression on his features just drove me up the wall.

Leaning over I gently kissed his cheek catching his attention. A small, goofy smile forming on his lush lips as he looked my way. Swallowing the lump in my throat I leaned in pressing my lips to his. His instantly pressed back.

My experiences with guys never usually went this far, they never usually lasted. I was going to revel in what I had with him while I could and try and make it last. He was worth it. What in my mind told me that? Nothing, but my heart was telling me it.

Leaning against him I pressed my body to his as his hands gripped my hips pulling me into his lap. Taking hold of his neck I tried pulling him closer as out lips worked feverishly together.

One hand slid around the small of my back and pressed my body closer as the other hand fell away ghosting down my exposed thigh. A gasp left my lips as he gripped the back of my knee and lowered us to the ground. Gripping his neck tighter I could feel my heart beating in my chest wildly.

Groaning softly as he pulled back he smiled weakly at me.

I really like you…’ he’s heavy breath hitting my face as out chest barely touched. Nodding I licked my lips. ‘I really, really like you.’ Nodding I let my fingers play with the hair on the back of his neck. His adam’s apple bobbed as he swallowed deeply. ‘Be my girlfriend?’ I couldn’t keep the smile off my face as I nodded eagerly. ‘Really?’ He pulled back more.

Nodding again I pulled his lips back to mine as we lay on the floor making out. His hands roaming my body as mine roamed his toned, half dressed one.

Pulling away he his chest rose and fell dramatically as he sat up. Smiling, I just stayed where I was, completely content with what had just happened. My chest wouldn’t stop rising or falling as I tried to catch my breath.

Slowly sitting up I smiled at him as he rubbed his cheek. His smile grew as I racked my hands through my hair, self conscious around him all of a sudden.

is it safe yet?’ Shaking my head I leaned towards him, kissing him. His chest shook as I pulled back, my hand pressed to the toned muscles. ‘Check I got plans.’ Nodding I sat up on my knees, pressing down on his shoulders to keep my self balanced- his hands on my hips helped but sent my mind into mush land.

My aunt was lounging on the patio. Groaning I sank back down. Travis pursed his lips and turned looking out the window. Huffing he sat back down and shrugged lightly.

There go my plans again…’ Gently rubbing his shoulder I tucked him into my chest. Hot breath ghosted over my neck before he gently placed a kiss there, causing me to shudder.

Boys were always difficult or tricky for me to deal with.

Falling back wards I could feel his chest shake as he lay on top of me. Patting his shoulder he sat up and smiled at me brightly. Smiling back at him I sat up and scooted back.

He paused watching my hands before shrugging at my simple question of now what?

is that door locked?’ Shrugging at him I watched as he scurried across the room and tugged on the door. Glancing around he scurried back grabbing the small metal piece he’d used to get in the window.

With the skill of a master thief Travis got the door open and smirked at me over his shoulder. Sticking his tongue out playfully at me, he grabbed my hand and led me out of the room, locking the door as we left.

Worrying my bottom lip I followed the lanky man down the hall. The heart was beating in my chest wildly as we snuck down the stairs and out the front door. Once we were outside Travis scooped me up and took off running. My arms latched around his neck tightly as I began to shake. He was a lot faster than Andy was. Travis was almost as fast as his bike it seemed.

The wind stopped and he gently lowered me onto a plush seat. Scanning my surrounding I smiled at the boat Andy had slung me onto the other day. Travis sat next to me, his arm over my shoulders as I smiled at the group of his friends.

Erik and Special waved eagerly as I smiled at the group. Waving back I glanced at my lap and fumbled with my hands. I hated meeting new people, or even just dealing with people in certain situations.