Everything Ends

Seventeen

"You guys are going to the mall?" Corey asked. "You should let us come, too! We love the mall!"

Sid turned to Corey. "We do? Since-"

"Of course we do," Corey said, elbowing Sid.

Ember shrugged. "Can't hurt," she said.

Corey grinned at Jane, and Jane cracked her knuckles. "Oh, yes it could," she replied. "It could hurt a lot more than you think."

"Nah!" Corey put an arm around Jane. "We'll have fun! Trust me, you never don't have fun with Corey motherfuckin' Taylor."

Jane pushed him off and went to look out the window. She smiled when she saw a black car pull up, knowing it was Joey and Kristen. She crossed her arms and turned back to them. Ember fluffed her hair and smiled.

"Well, then, I don't think Miss Williams will mind if her little man- pun not intended- tags along," Jane said. "It could be like a triple date. Me and Corey, her and Joey, and Em and Sid."

"What?" Ember said. "Who said anything about a date? Who said we were dating? Who said we even liked each other?"

"Em, chill, I was joking," Jane said.

"I knew that," Ember replied nonchalantly.

"Of course you did," Jane chuckled.

The door opened, and Kristen walked in. She smiled at everyone, setting her keys on the table. She shut the door.

"Hey, guys," she said. "How was your night?"

"I'm taking not as good as yours," Ember said. "Where's Joey?"

"Waiting in the car for Corey and Sid," Kristen said. "Why?"

"We were thinking all of us could go to the mall," Jane replied.

"Oh," Kristen said. "Well, okay. Let's just ride in his car, then."

She turned back to the door. Corey, Ember, and Sid rushed past her in an effort to get shotgun, but Jane held Kristen back.

"Hey, Krissy, can I ask you something?" Jane said.

"I don't see why not," Kristen replied.

"Do you think I have a shot?" Jane asked. "With Corey, I mean."

"Why wouldn't you?" Kristen said. "Everyone has a shot, Jane." She chuckled to herself.

"No, Krissy, I'm serious," Jane said.

"Well, I do think you have a shot," Kristen replied. "You seem to get along well, and he's only tried to get in your pants a few times."

Jane pushed Kristen out the door. "Jeez, Kris, thanks for your help."

--------------------------------------------------------

Jane scrunched up her nose, watching Joey and Kristen share an ice cream cone. How such a demonic guy could be so sweet, she had no idea. She was happy for Kristen, sure, but it was awkward being there while they were all lovey-dovey. Corey pulled her out of her chair, smiling.

"Let's take a walk," he said.

Jane wandered along next to Corey, neither of them particularly going anywhere. Corey did put an arm around her shoulders, though, making Jane blush a bit.

"Well, look where we've ended up," he said, stopping.

Jane looked up and saw the large pink and black sign reading Victoria's Secret. She turned back to Corey, not amused. He pushed her a bit toward the store with much resistance from Jane, but he had no trouble making her head into the lengerie store.

Corey ducked down behind a mannequin, but Jane looked at him. She put her hands on her hips and sighed.

"What now, Mr. Taylor?" she said.

"C'mere," Corey replied, pulling Jane down next to him. "See that chick over there?" He nodded to a large woman picking up a thong from a rack. "Someone doesn't know how much they weigh. Don't get me wrong, I like a little meat, but that's like putting a whale in kiddie pool. Eventually everything is just going to spill out and freak the hell out of people."

Jane giggled. "That's so nasty," she said. She looked over at a tall woman sniffing a bottle of perfume. "That lady's gonna spray her eye. Betcha $10."

"I bet she gets her mouth," said Corey.

They watched attentively as the lady played with the bottle before spraying and getting herself in the eye. Jane laughed and stuck her hand out to Corey.

"That'd be $10, sir," Jane said.

Corey, grumbling, handed Jane a $10 bill. She smiled and said, "Looks like I know women a bit more than you do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Hannah here! Syd told me to go ahead and update this. Sorry we've all been busy.

So...it's been awhile. From here on out, this story is dedicated to the memory of Paul Gray. RIP #2.

Comment! <3