Broken

1/1

                     Dear Brendon, 
             This letter is the last you will ever hear of me. I am sorry for all this pain and confusion that I have caused you. I really truly am. I just want you to know, that I have loved you with all my heart since the day I first laid eyes on you. And I know now, that by the look in your eyes when we shared our first kiss, and how you were always there for me when I was upset no matter what position it put you in, that you loved me too. You trusted me, and I betrayed your trust. And I know now that trust is an illusion. But words can not begin to describe my feelings for you, which is why I leave you with this, a lonely piece of paper, with words I hope you do not find meaningless. I beg that you do go on with your life, find new love, for I do not want to burden you any longer. I bid you this good bye, for it will be my last. I love you Brendon.
                                  -George Ryan Ross


Ryan set the cold heartfelt letter atop his pillow. 'Brendon would find it soon enough' he thought to himself. His thoughts remained very shallow an unimportant, for he felt numb. He knew what he was going to do, and it would all be over soon.

He picked up the gun resting on his bedside table. It felt cold and hard in his grasp. It also felt heavy. Like it all of a sudden weighed a thousand tons. He almost couldn't bring himself to hold the gun to his temple. 

Almost. 

He brought up the gun to his temple. This would all be over soon. The pain, the agony, the misfortune, because with Ryan gone everyone could go on with their lives. Or so he thought. Because just as he was about to pull the trigger there was a knock on the door. 

"Ryan, please let me in. I need to talk to you." Brendon's muffled voice came from the other side of the door. Ryan froze. But remembering he had locked the door, then proceeded to get up off his spot on the bed and cross the room, leaning up against the door. The gun still pressed to his temple. Brendon continued to bang on the door. Shouting his name. But Ryan only mumbled the words "I love you" and "I'm sorry" just loud enough for Brendon to hear. He continued to ignore Brendon's loud confused protests and crossed back to the other side of the room. With out another thought or action, he pulled the trigger. 

~*~

After Brendon heard the gunshot he froze. 
'no. He thought. No, no, no, please no!

"Ryan!" He yelled, voice filled with horror, agony, and many other similar emotions. He banged on the door louder and harder. Then finally, with strength that seemed to come out of no where, he kicked the door open. 

What he saw would shatter is heart into a thousand pieces. The very man that he had pledged is love to countless times, was lying on the floor. Drenched in his own blood. Nothing more then a lifeless corpse, just a shadow of what Ryan truly was. 

"No, no, no, n-no!" Brendon began sobbing uncontrollably as he rushed over to his loves side. Grabbing his hand. Willing him awake. 

No such luck. 

He got up and began destroying anything in his path, out of sheer frustration and agony. Knocking over lamps, slamming the door open and closed over an over. When in the process he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. 

A lone piece of paper that fluttered to his feet as a result of all the ruckus he was causing. He picked it up and noticed it was written in a familiar hand. As he read the paper, more hot tears fell down his face. Staining the page. He glanced over at the lifeless body and fell to his knees. He felt the urge to rip the paper to shreds, but stopped himself when he realized what he had to do. He crawled over to the body and collapsed on the still, unmoving chest. Ignoring the fact that he was Now covered in blood. He began sobbing uncontrollably again when the sound he wanted to hear more that anything else in the world was not present. 
Ryan's heart beat.     

He turned his head to find the very weapon that murdered his Ryan. It sat silent and still next to his hand. He reached over, grasping the gun, which felt lighter then he thought it should. 

Without a second thought, he brought it to his temple. 

With one last glance at the face of his love, he bent over, placing one last sweet kiss on his cold unmoving lips soaked with blood,

And pulled the trigger.