Dichotomy.

You’re Not the Ordinary Type

Spencer has this huge smile on his face after practice, like he’s been named king of the world or drummer of the century or some shit.

We’re just sitting around our practice space, talking.

Well, Spencer and Tina are talking. I’m sitting here, wondering why she’s in such a good mood today.

She’s been smiling all day, and it’s strange to me.

And trying to figure out why he’s so damn happy.

Then I realize and I inwardly groan, even though I know I’m being irrational.

He’s about to ask-

“So have you thought about letting us go public with this yet?” he asks her, slipping it into casual conversation discreetly.

She stops, the question apparently catching her off guard.

“I…well…yeah, I have been, I guess,” she admits, shrugging. I stay silent, watching her, studying her.

She’s trying to put this off again, I can tell. She’s nervous.

She’s uncomfortable with finalities.

She wants a way out, just in case.

I don’t know how I know; I just do.

“And?” Spencer prods, glancing at me for support, but I can’t say anything.

I avert my gaze back to her to see that she’s looking at me now. I stare back blankly.

As much as I don’t want to admit that we might need some help on this next album, the truth is that making her an official part of the band is only going to be an asset for us.

“I guess…yeah. Let’s do it,” she finally answers decisively.

I frown in slight confusion by her sudden agreement.

“I’m ready,” she says finally.

The strange thing is, I think she actually means it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like the chapter coming up, so I hope you will too. I’m planning on posting it later this week in honor of Vices & Virtues, and since this one was so short.

Much Thanks: ShawnieRiot :)