I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

.o8.

Frank is curled up in my lap with his head resting on my chest. He's breathing softly, resting his fingers on my neck, and generally being the most adorable thing on the planet.
Seriously, I don't believe it's possible for anyone on Earth to look cuter while they're sleeping. I watch him for a while, stroking his hair (it's soft, just like I thought it would be), until it's time for the movies. I wish I had thought of something more original, but I'd only planned out my visit to him up until driving over to his house and knocking on the door.
I elbow him gently in the ribs and kiss his cheek as he wakes up.
Frank sits up, looks around, and smiles when he sees me.
"Are we leaving?"
"Yeah."
"What movie is it?"
"The Kentucky Chainsaw Massacre."
All of a sudden, he gets to his feet with a worried expression.
"I hate scary movies!"
Truthfully, I don't like them much either, but with a name like the Kentucky Chainsaw Massacre, how bad could it be?
"Aww, you'll be fine-I'll protect you," I grin.
He rolls his eyes, still looking scared, and we get in my car to go on our very first date.
When we get there, it passes unconsiously between us that we have to pretend we're just friends going to a movie together, or we'll get thrown out or beaten up or something. But in the snack line when nobody's looking, Frankie slides his hand in mine and smiles at me unguardedly.
It's a bit of mood-killer when the obviously jealous snack lady asks us loudly if we're planning to buy anything, but we manage.
The theater's pretty empty, so we get good seats and settle in for the previews.
Soon, the movie begins.
Frank starts out really tense next to me, but as I stroke the back of his hand and slip my fingers in his, he relaxes a little. Soon, he's totally fine and I move my attention from calming him down to the movie, taking a break every so often to kiss his ear or something.
Gradually, the breaks get fewer until they disappear altogether.
After a while, Frank turns toward me questioningly.
"Hey Gerard, are you-"
Then he gasps.
"You look like you're gonna puke!"
That's right. After all my talk about protecting him, it was me who freaked out. But in my defense, that was the scariest fucking movie I'd ever seen. How Frankie could just sit through it like that..and he said he was afraid of scary movies. Ha!
My only answer is to bury my face in his shirt. I can feel his poorly supressed laughter, but in his favor he pets my head and drops little kisses in my hair and holds my hand all the way through the rest of the movie.
God, I'm such a pansy.
Finally, it's over. As credits roll across a screenshot of the main character gutted, skinned, and dripping with blood, he nudges me.
"The movie's over, it's safe to get up now," he giggles. I put on my best pout and turn away, completely embarrased that he had to see me like that.
Frank is not deterred, however. He brushes the back of my neck with his lips and I shiver in spite of myself.
"Don't be all embarrassed-I thought it was cute."
I turn to him and see his green eyes radiating sincerity. In the silvery light from the movie screen, his skin glows and he looks to beautiful to be real. Almost involuntarily, I lean forward and kiss him. He tastes nice, like the fruity candies and soda and popcorn we had. His lips part and I slide the tip of my tongue in his mouth, exploring. He moans a little and starts toying with the hem of my shirt. He's sliding his hand upward, and my body feels like it's on fire..just then, the ushers come in and start cleaning the movie theater. Unwillingly, we part and sneak out. Hopefully, they didn't see us.
Once we're safely in my car, Frank giggles a little.
"Gerard?"
"Yeah?"
"You taste good."
"You too Frank, you too."
--
heehee.
The next chapter is my favorite