Truth Be Told, I Like You

Shopping For A New Ride

Truth be told. . . I hate, hate car shopping.

Don't get me wrong. I love looking at the cars. Finding the most expensive, sit in it and pretend that one day you might actually be able to afford it.

It's the sales people that drive me insane. As soon as you walk in the door they're in your face, asking if you need any help. Fighting over who would sell you the car. Whoever you talk to first, apparently wins.

If we needed help, Trinity would shout it at the top of her lungs. Trinity doesn't care who sells it to her as long as she gets it. And why does it have to be a game?

Currently two salesmen were trying to talk to Trinity about a convertible. Even when she kept saying she wanted a Hummer they kept talking about how 'great' the convertible would be. The wind in her hair. Yeah right, like Trinity would get a car that messes up her hair. She spends too much time working on it some days.

Luckily Bryce and I were left alone. Apparently they could smell who had the money. Or maybe it was because Trinity shouted 'I need a new car!' when we walked in.

But since we were left alone we were looking at the Hummers. Bryce knows something about cars and I'm lucky if I remembered the model of her last one. Together we quickly found a look alike and then found it's better sister. The newer model, the top of the line.

"Hey Trinity come look at this one!" Bryce yelled, gaining glares from the two salesmen. "It's shiny!" He sang making her laugh. She hurried over with the goons following quickly. I believe their names were Jim and Kevin.

"It's so pretty." Trinity said running her hand along the exterior.

"A girl of your stature wouldn't want a car this size. It doesn't look good." Kevin said in a know it all voice.

Trinity turned to him with a glare. "I don't fucking care! I don't give a shit if it makes me look twice as puny! I want a Hummer!" Trinity crossed her arms over her chest while giving him a death glare.

"I happen to like this car." Jim said walking over to the drivers side door.

Kevin walked away defeated as Trinity began talking to Jim about all the little details. He happily answered her questions, glad he won the race.

I sighed and went to find a chair to sit in. Trinity found the one she wanted, my work was done. She'd pick the color and all the other little details for it. Bryce would stay with her. He always did.

He just needed to admit he liked her and get it over with. It's been obvious to me ever since Trinity said we needed to tone down the fooling around. The way she said it, made me think she meant it too. But then things went back to normal minus me getting laid.

I had realized last night, if they wanted to be together I wasn't going to stop them. Unlike many of the reality TV shows out there. Where the best friend sabotages a relationship just so they don't get left out. I hate those shows.

Besides, I had spent last night cuddled up with Trinity. Bryce had too, yet it wasn't awkward. Trinity told Bryce to stay, knowing he needed the sleep. I just made myself at home. No way in hell was I going home. I could just hear my step-mom's voice.

"What? To much of a wuss to actually go through with it. Had to come running home. Something is truly wrong in that head of yours. To actually think you were once normal."

Dad wouldn't say anything. He'd just sit watching her scream at me, waiting for me to respond. I wouldn't say anything and she'd just continue ranting. After a while he'd get up and leave without so much as looking at me.

Then I'd want to smack her, wouldn't do it but then the cops would be called. My step-mom had a thing for getting me arrested for things I never did. After that Trinity would be called. She'd bail me out and I'd end up at her house anyway.

So I skipped a few steps. Saves everyone a lot of trouble.

I looked up when someone kicked my leg. Trinity stood there smiling, holding a set of keys. I smiled back and stood up.

I glanced outside. A shiny yellow Hummer sat waiting for us. Bryce was already sitting in the passenger seat. He had a grin plastered on his face. He also looked to be dancing, but I wasn't completely sure.

The Hummer was blaring Bring Me The Horizon. Diamonds Aren't Forever was currently playing, and yes Bryce was dancing to the song. That is if thrashing your head around wildly is considered dancing, and to us it was so he was dancing.

"Alright let's get home." Trinity said jumping into the drivers seat. I hopped into the backseat and Trinity was pulling out of the dealership before I was even buckled.

"Heading out tomorrow again?" I asked relaxing on Trinity's bed. She was sitting in her desk chair, looking through the paper work from the sale.

"Yup. Everything is already packed and ready to go. So all we have to do is load the Hummer up and leave. Of course with the new security system this vehicle has I doubt anyone will be able to steal it." Trinity said looking up at me.

She smiled over at me before turning back to her manual. A frustrated look came to her face as she read through it.

"What?" I asked getting up and going over to her.

"Why must they use big words?" She asked with a laugh. I smiled and took the book from her. Yup, definite a lot of big words. I sighed and handed her the book back with a smile. "Ah fuck it." She threw the book onto her desk.

I laughed at her and jumped back onto her bed. It bounced under my weight, the springs squeaking slightly.

"Fat ass." Trinity said with a laugh.

"It's all muscle." I flexed in a feeble attempt to make myself look strong.

"Of course it is. Where's Bryce?" Trinity walked over to the bed and slowly laid down, using me as a pillow. I smiled when I felt her cuddle into my side.

"Trying to get more drugs before we leave." I said softly.

Trinity nodded. The room fell into a peaceful silence. I stared at the ceiling. I began to find shapes in the cottage cheese pattern to keep my mind from wandering. I could feel Trinity's soft slow breathing. For a few seconds I had thought she was asleep until I heard her sigh.

"Want to talk about it?" I asked quietly.

"Talk about what?" Trinity asked. She pushed herself up onto her elbows to look at me better. I looked away from the ceiling, meeting her eyes. She was confused.

"Whatever it is that's on your mind." I stated.

Trinity sighed and bit her lip. She laid back down with a groan. I adjust my body to where I was the one towering over her instead of the other way. She looked away. Something was seriously bugging her.

"You don't have to if you don't want to." I muttered kissing Trinity's cheek softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to our one commenter.
Please comment like she did.
-Jessica