The Fine Line of Love and Hate

Stuffed to the Brim with Happyness.

While we’re young. Ha, right.
My nerves are so shot. I feel like I have faced off with a lion and won.
As soon as we stepped out of the door, Jereth and I both collapsed against each other and slowly shrank to the ground.
We leaned against each other and cleared our heads.
“You okay, baby?” Jereth asked, wrapping an arm around my waist.
I nodded. “Yeah. Just kinda shocked.”
“I’m happy.” He pulled me tight against him and I sighed blissfully.
I turned my face to his neck and nuzzled it lovingly.
“My mate.” I whispered against his warm skin.
I stopped nuzzling his neck as I started to feel something strange along my legs.
“What’s wrong?” He pulled my face up to align with his.
“I can feel my legs.”
“You couldn’t feel your legs before?”
I shook my head. “No. I was stuffed to the brim with pain killers.”
His face lit up with understanding.
“Oh. Oh! Yeah. Let me – here.” He stood up and held out his hands for me to grab.
He pulled me to my feet and picked me up around the waist, quickly, and carried me to his kitchen, not giving me a chance to protest.
I giggled when I pictured how idiotic we looked.
“What?” Jereth asked, setting me on a clutter free counter.
“Nothing.” I said and began to hum absently, swinging my good leg back and forth.
“What? Tell me!” He poked me in the side and I yelped.
“Ah!” I laughed, holding my side. “I was just thinking.”
“About what?” He pressed.
“We absolutely hated each other two weeks ago. Now . . .” I tapped my good food against his hip. “You’re not so bad, Mr. Kell.”
He grinned and tapped his finger against the tip of my nose. “Well, Miss Zelphus, you’re not so bad yourself.”
***
My ankle was declared healed enough for me to go back to school a week later. And I made it there, with crutches, lots of limping, and plenty of help from my smoking hot boyfriend, mate, and Charge.
My sixteenth came and went with a small party with everyone I care about attending.
We went on our first official date a month later, after Jereth turned sixteen.
We looked up all kinds of stuff about the pros and cons of being mates and so far . . . there aren’t many cons.
Of course my pride keeps getting knocked down by Jereth, that‘s a pretty big con. However, I’m thinking it comes with the territory of him being male and me being female; but whatever, I’ll just deal.
But that’s okay because in the end . . . in the end . . . it all added up to one big smile.
And you know the best part?
I am happy. For once in my life, I am ecstatic to be where I’m at now.
I mean, come on. What girl wouldn’t be happy with a positively amazing boyfriend, whom I am happy to say makes a damn good Charge; two magnificent sisters; wonderful parents; a super supportive best friend, and a whole slew of mix ins that have my back no matter when I need it.
Yeah, you could say I’m living the good life. You could even say I’m living a great life.
But I’d just say I’m living my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I'm done. I did this entire story without a single comment. :'(
Ya'll should comment a bunch just to make up for it...
Anyway, I had fun. Might do a sequel. (Probably not though)

-Eamarat