Stolen and Broken

Keep's Gettin' Better

We get to the restaurant we’re meeting my crazy aunt Vivian at. She screams and runs towards us as we enter, hugging and kissing us on the cheeks. “Oh! Helen thank you for coming out tonight. Oh God I’ve missed you.” My aunt Vivian and Mom used to hand out all the time. Aunt Vivian is my dad’s sister but she loves my mom more than my dad I think, mostly because she took Mom’s side in the divorce.
“Hello Vivian, how are you?” Mom asks as we head to a table. When we get there, my aunt orders two drinks for herself and my mom and a soda for me. The waiter nods and kind of glances at me, I sort of smile as he walks away. Aunt Vivian is going on and on about how she might lose her job, she’s trying to make sure Mom doesn’t get depressed or start to think about Dad or Jake. I keep smiling and laughing at Aunt V’s jokes, hoping that if Mom sees me happy she will be happy too. Mom seems to be fine, she’s laughing and joking with Aunt V by the time our drinks arrive.
The countdown is about to start but I really have to use the bathroom, so I tell Mom and tell her I’ll be right back. I get into the bathroom, oddly it’s pretty clean and doesn’t smell that bad. I look at myself in the mirror. Long dark red hair, faded green eyes, a slim shaped body in a white dress. My eyes start to blur at the corners, I blink and leave the bathroom. Someone yells, “40 seconds left!” and I try to find my mom and aunt. My eyes are so blurry that I can’t see anymore, someone bumps into me and I mumble an apology. Then someone is leading me somewhere, and going on a leap of faith I follow them.. But when I feel wind blow in my face, I know I’m not safe anymore but I can’t do or see anything. And seconds later the person is carrying me and I’m in a car. I can’t move my legs or arms and my lips feel big and numb. The car is warm as if it’s been running for awhile and I hear a door close.
“Happy New Year, Emily.” I hear a deep voice say before everything blends together into a black blur.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment tell me what you think...let me know if you like it