Status: Hiatus

Angels in Waiting of the Afterlife

Chapter 3

“Kristin, are you okay honey?” the voice broke through her thoughts. Kristin looked up from her doodling and stared at the speaker, her boss.

“Yeah, fine.” She said, quickly turning to a fresh page.

“Natalie was asking me if the song was ready.” Karen said, folding her hands.

“It’s getting there.” Kristin said, drumming her pencil on the table. “I still have a verse to write and my parts done.” Karen nodded and Kristin went back to her doodling. When Karen called the meeting to a close, Kristin was the first one out of the room. She quickly left the building, heading to her apartment. She headed straight to her office, grabbing the latest project she was working on.

“I’m not ready to make nice, I’m not ready to back down,” she sang out two hours later, staring at the line. She grabbed her keyboard and pressed keys, trying to give the line a tune.

“This is hopeless,” she muttered, tossing the pencil in her hand on the desk.

“Did I just hear my little sister give up?” Jimmy’s voice asked from behind her.

“Probably.” Kristin said. “I have until Saturday to finish this and that’s in two days. All I have is a line.”

“Well, you know when I write a song, I start with a line, then it eventually builds up into a song.” Jimmy said. “Who’s it for?”

“The Dixie Chicks.” Kristin sighed, looking at the paper again. A sudden thought came to mind, so she quickly grabbed her pencil and wrote it down.

“Forgive, sounds good.” she sang while she wrote. “forget, I’m not sure I could. They say, time heals everything, but I’m still waiting.”

“That’s awesome sis.” Jimmy said, nodding his head in approval. “See, just give yourself some time, and I’m sure it’ll be a big hit.” He walked from the office. Kristin glanced at her clock, it was still early.

“I’m not ready to make nice, I’m not ready to back down,” Kristin muttered, thinking. “I’m still made as hell and I don’t have time to go round and round and round.” She wrote that down, picking her keyboard back up to add the tune with it. She worked for another 4 hours, finally finishing the song. She walked into the living room to find Jimmy sitting with her cat Mickey. Mickey meowed when he seen her, and left Jimmy to lay on her lap.

“Finish?” Jimmy asked her. Kristin nodded, sighing in relief.

“My boss almost had my head in the meeting today.” Kristin said. “How did you get in here anyway?” She asked, suddenly remembering she locked the door before going to her office.

“Mom gave me a spare key.” he replied simply.

“Should of known.” Kristin muttered, turning to see what he watching on the television. Sports, of course.

“Do you want to go do something tonight?” Jimmy asked suddenly, looking over to her. “You can meet Leana.”

“Sure, what did you have in mind?” Kristin asked, scratching behind Mickey’s ears.

“Just going to hang out with the guys. I think Johnny has a crush on you.”

“Say what?” Kristin asked, trying to remember which one was Johnny.

“The short one with blond hair.” Jimmy said as if reading her mind. “He was drooling all over you sis.”

“Leave your friend alone.” Kristin said, blushing slightly.

“Oh, you likey him to don’t you?” Jimmy asked, standing up.

“No,” Kristin said, too quickly. “I don’t like him like him, he just seems to be a pretty cool guy to hang out with.”

“You can get to know him better tonight,” Jimmy said, wagging his eyebrows at her. Kristin rolled her eyes and stood up. She made sure Mickey had food and water in his bowls. They left the building, taking Jimmy’s car to go meet up with the guys.

“Whose house are we at?” Kristin asked as they pulled up into a nice looking neighborhood.

“Matt’s parents house.” Jimmy replied. “We decided to go hang out in the old spot.”

“Their garage?” Kristin asked, remembering that part very well. Jimmy nodded and pulled up to the curb in front of the house. He cut the engine and got out of the car, walking around quickly before Kristin opened her door and opened it for her.

“Thank you,” Kristin said as another car pulled up. She noticed the driver was Johnny. He beamed when he seen her, and she waved. Jimmy pushed her with his elbow, nearly sending her head first into his parked car.

“Jimmy you ass.” Kristin said, straightening herself up.

“What up?” Johnny asked, walking up to them. He gave Jimmy a confused look. Kristin looked and realized he was literally turning red from trying not to laugh.

“Jimmy, breath before you pass out,” Krissy said, elbowing him in the ribs. He finally let the laugh out.

“Thought I heard Johnny out here,” Matt’s voice said behind them.

“How did you only hear me?” Johnny asked, shocked.

“You have the squeakiest voice of us all!” Jimmy replied as Matt turned around. He led them to through the house and to the garage. There were chairs everywhere, and even a couch. Kristin sat on the couch, Johnny sitting right beside her. Jimmy caught Krissy’s eye and wagged his eyebrows at her again. Kristin rolled her eyes, turning to join in the conversations, but in the back of her mind, she was thinking about how long this night was going to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's been a long time since I updated this one...but here's the update
I might not continue this one...this started out as a whim, but I haven't been able to work on this..just haven't had the want to...I might just put it on hiatus for a while
but thanks for the readers and comments