Status: One shot

Crush'd

Letters

Farewells. Reunions. Tears. Hugs.

The airport was packed, there were couples hugging and kissing each other, happy to be together again. There were families crying and saying goodbye to their friends, because they were moving. Then there were the businessmen who were just running out of the airport, in a hurry trying to get a taxi and get their to their meeting.

And then, there were the people who were waiting, waiting impatiently. They were looking around the huge all, looking around if they had missed the ones they were supposed to pick up.

Then there was one man, in his early twenties, with the face of a boy. Oliver Scott Sykes. Slight stubble graced his slender face, which sat on top of a tattoo covered neck. He was sitting in one of the uncomfortable chairs facing the exit where the passengers would come through. His in skinny jeans cladded leg was bouncing up and down rapidly, while his fingers were fidgeting nervously in his lap.
His brown-greenish puppy-like eyes were glancing around the room, no staying at one place for more an a mere seconds.

10.09.1994

Dear Ava,

I’m Oli, maybe you remember me, I’m the fella that visited you this summer with my mom, from England. My mom forces me to write this, because I don’t want to do this, you kicked my shin after all! I don’t like you! But my mom says I have to apologize for throwing mud at you and pulling you stupid pigtails. She also says that we should be pen pals, because she said that when our mothers are best friends, we should, too, but I don’t want that! I don’t like girls. I want a princess, with a nice dress who I can safe from a dragon, but my mom will take my pocket money away if I don’t write you this letter.

Oli

p.s. Say your mom my mom said hi.

I thought I'd End up beside a princess bride

12.01.1999

Hi Ava!

The drawings you send in your last letter were bloody great! My mom said that you’re really talented for a 12 year old! Anyways, Tom is going on my nerves, seriously, he always steals my cars, even though I know he’ll break them, he’s 9!
You know what? Next summer I’m going to my first concert! It’s so cool, do you know Linkin Park? They’re so cool, I swear, but you probably wouldn’t like them, they’re really rock and hard and all. Do you still like the Spice Girls and play Barbie? I finally know what I’m going to be when I grow up Ava! A Rockstar, that would be so cool, I would be on stage and rocking and doing nothing else, doesn’t that sound great? I would never have to work! And you could be like, my personal Artist and draw pictures for me and I would pay you, because I would be rich wouldn’t that be great?
Oh wait I gotta go, Tom is stealing my cars again!

Oli

09.27.2000

Ava!

How was the school start? I heard from mom that it’s raining terribly on Prince Edward Island, but at least we had a good summer there! It was fun seeing you, I can’t wait for next summer! I made new friends last week, their names are Matt, Curtis and Lee, we’re hanging out later today, but I wanted to write you first. They’re into the same music as me and Curtis is so obsessed with Metallica! Tom is going on my nerves again, trying to hang out with me and my friends, he’s 11 for god’s sake!
I can’t just take my little brother everywhere, I’m not his babysitter! Dad bought him a camera last week for his birthday, a really simple one, but he’s in love with it. Oh and by the way, he says thank you for the card and the money your mom gave him.
And mom says that you should consider going to an arts school or something, because your pictures are becoming better and better! Can you believe that my birthday is in two months? I’m so exited I hope I get a lot of presents. My mom is angry with me again, because I won’t cut my hair, but you said it yourself I should let it grow, it looks much better! Oh the doorbell rang I guess that’s the guys, say your mom I said hi,

Oli

Respect to your work, you're an artist

17.03.2002

Hey Ava,

You finally joined the arts school! I’m so proud of you, I looked that school up on the internet, and they said that their qualifying examination was really hard, I knew you could do it! I got beaten up at school today, fucking pricks, came 3 against one and when I was on the ground other people decided it was funny to just kick me again. I fucking hate school, and the teachers, too, just because I have a few tattoos. By the way did I send you a picture of the newest one? Fucking brilliant does it look. The guys and I have decided to form a band, isn’t that cool? Matt said he knows another Matt who plays bass, and since I’m slowly getting better at screaming and growling, we meet next Sunday to talk everything over.
I’ve been writing lyrics for while some time now and I even won a lyrics fucking contest! I’m not sure if I’ll be able to come over this summer, though, it depends on how serious we’ll be over the band thing.
Yesterday I decked a guy because he was laughing at me or writing a letter to my best friend, because he said that girls and boys can’t be best friends. He also said that you’re not real because who would have a best friends who they see only one time a year for 3 weeks? So I decked him, I don’t know why, it just angered me, I mean, we are best friends right?
I’m gonna call you later this week, maybe the letter arrives before I call may not, we’ll see.
Tom is getting fucking good at the camera, too, he says hi.
I have to go now bye,

Oli

I’m a silly jerk

20.10.2005

Ava, my dear,

How are you? I’m well pissed right now so I’m sorry if my writing is terrible. Matt is laughing at me for writing a fucking letter at a party, but I just had the urge to write you right fucking now. And Matt says hi, Tom, too. Sarah-Jane broke up with me again, I don’t even know why we were together in the first place, I don’t like her, but she’s good to fuck. I think I like someone else, because it never feels right when I’m with her, but I don’t know who that might be, seriously, oh shit. I’m getting all sappy, blame the alcohol. I got loads of new tattoos, oh and we got signed! We got signed! We got signed! That was Nicholls, stupid fucker, but you get the message! That’s actually the reason why I’m so pissed right now, we got fucking signed, which means we have to go on tour soon, ain’t that great?
Okay, listen, I have to go, there was just this really hot chick giving me the fuck-me-right-now-lock, so sorry, Ava, but we’ll chat, okay? Just come on the messenger, and don’t forget to buy that webcam, I have a fuck to do now!

Oli

When we spoke no joke I started shedding slutty girls]

15.05.2007

Dear Ava,

Sorry I haven’t written you a letter, but I am on tour with I Killed The Prom Queen! I think I’ve told you about them. The internet is broken, too, so I couldn’t contact you at all, but I’ve got really exiting news! The tour will come to Canada, too, and I asked the guys if it was alright for you to come along for a few days, isn’t that great? I haven’t seen you in two years and you have no idea how much I miss our summers together in Prince Edward Island. It would be great if you could come along, just take a week off at school, I’ll pick you up, at any airport. I know I should probably tell you this through the phone but we’ve been writing letters since we were eight so it felt right this way.
Tour is exhausting and sometimes, sometimes I wish I could be like you, you know, being at home on Prince Edward Island, and just go to school like every other normal person would. But this is what I love to do, even though it does wear me out. I’ve been eating unhealthy or not at all and I’ve lost so much weight, Tom is seriously scared, but I told him that that’s what you get for living on a tour bus.
Your having your exams, soon right? If you tell me the date of your graduation I’ll make sure to be there, I want to see my little Ava graduate!
Tell me your decision about coming along with us for a few days as soon as possible, so I can buy plane tickets for you! And please say yes! I need to see my best friend again! It’s been so long, at least we call each other.
I have to go now, we have to set up the stage. Hope to see you soon,

Love, Oli

06.06.2007

Dear Ava,

I can’t believe the how fast the two weeks went by. I wish you could’ve stayed longer, because I had the time of my life. I had fun, without getting drunk all the time, which is a good start for me. As cliché as it may sound but I miss you, the late night talk with the hot chocolate, or just the fact that I could talk about everything with you, still can, but just not in person.
But it were a wonderful two weeks, promise you visit me soon yeah? Or maybe I will come visit you, we’ll see!
Sorry for the shortness but I’ve already told you everything when you were here!
I miss you,

Love Oli

12.01.2008

Happy New Year Ava!

How did you celebrate New Years? I hope you had loads of fun. I had a good time with the boys. Sarah Jane broke up with me, apparently, so she said, I was either cheating on her or in love with someone else. I don’t know what she meant by that, I mean, of course I cheated on her, but that was when I was younger and thought I could rule the world, but now, just no. I wouldn’t do that anymore.
But you know what? I think she’s right about that in love thing, because every night in my dreams there is this girl, whose face I can’t see, she looks like an angel with a light always shining behind her. I know this sounds creepy, but then I always wake up smiling, and I want to know who that is. God I sound like a psycho, don’t I?
Anyways, you’re graduating in May right? Can you tell me the exact date then I’ll make sure to book a flight and visit you. Tom might come, too taking some pictures of Prince Edward Island. I can’t believe how good he is with the camera, I almost fee like a looser next to him.
Are you exited for the exams yet? I think I’ll call you tonight, so I hope you’ll answer!
I miss you Ava,

Love Oli

13.11.2008

Dear Ava,

I’m supposed to write lyrics for our new upcoming album, but I’ve got other things on my mind so I decided to write you. Do you remember when we first met? We were so young and I hated you for kicking my chin, but I guess I kind of deserved it for pulling your pigtails, don’t I? And then my mom forced me to write that apology letter to you, I’m glad I did though, look what we became! Best friends! I sure didn’t expect that, but I wouldn’t change a thing, it’s perfect just how it is.
And then the summers, do you remember the summers, when I would come over with Tom, Mum and Dad? I remember every single one of them, how we used to go swimming in that little lake right beside your house and how we got burned by the sun and wailed and complained all evening until you mom would finally give us some ice cream?
Every time I think of this time, I have to smile. The summers are a huge part of my life as are you.
Ava, I think, I think I like someone. I’ve got a major crush on this girl, I guess I’ve had since years, but I don’t know what to do. She plays a major role in my life but I really don’t know what to do.
How can you be so close to some one but at the same time so far away, it’s like as if she’s out of my reach and I can’t get a hold of her. I’m such a coward.
Well, I should get back to writing lyrics.
I miss you loads,

Love Oli

I have a total crush on you baby, baby! If only I could let you know

04.03.2009

Dear Ava,

This is probably the hardest letter I ever had to write and I don’t know where to start, I’m shaking and sweating, that nervous I am, but I have to do this, there’s no other way. This is the only thing that feels right, and Tom supports me 100%
You know hoe Sara Jane broke up with me and said that I liked another girl? And how I told you about my crazy dreams? And then, last year when I wrote about that girl, that seems so far away but yet so close?
I knew then and now better than ever, whom I was talking about. There is this girl in my life, that knows everything about me, and I know everything about her. I’m basically naked in front of her, she knows my flaws and accepts them, and she’s lovely, absolutely gorgeous. Whenever we talk, or even when I just think about her, she makes me smile.
It’s so weird for me, I’ve never been like this not with Sara Jane, not with anybody but her.
But she’s so far away and I don’t know how to approach her, but now, today in this moment, I’ve gathered all my guts together and just spill it out.
Ava, I think, no, I know that I love you, more than anything.
And I hope to god that I won’t ruin everything with this letter, but I just wanted you to know that. I decided to write it in a letter, because that’s hoe we’ve been doing it for years, and it just felt right.
I’ve never ever been so sure about something, and even my mom said that we’re made for each other. And then I overheard our mother’s talking on the phone. Your mom told my mother about you being sad and devastated because of some boy that you loved but he didn’t love you back. I know that she was talking about me, cal me conceited, but I had a feeling that it had to be me. It just couldn’t be someone else. And then, just then I made another decision, a life-changing decision, that could, again, ruin everything, but I have to know it, because it feels like it’s the best thing I ever did in my life.
It just feels right, so Ava, I’m asking you, in a letter, would you marry me? Because I love you more than anything in my life, more than I could ever love anything. I always have, and always will.
If you feel like I do, and I pray to god that you do, then there is a plane ticket for a flight to London on the 1st May this year, I’ll be waiting at that day on the airport and if you decide to come, then I know that I was right, if you don’t then I’ll be going home alone, but I would be okay, because I would know that you are happy the way your life is now, and I would accept that. Think about, Ava,

I love you,
Oli


Quite sure you love me, Quite sure I love you too

The doors opened and a group of people exited, loaded with massive amounts of luggage. Oliver heard the two people next to him talking. ”Do you think this is the flight from Halifax?” “Yeah I think so, oh look! There they are!”
The two men got up and walked towards two women. Oliver got up, too, slightly tense now, that he knew this was the flight.

Another huge group exited the door and when the doors were about to close again, a small figure exited them. It was a girl in her early twenties, clad in sweat pants and a hoodie, her hair in a messy bun. She looked around the airport searching for someone.

Oliver was frozen. There she was. Right in front of him only a few meters away from him, and he couldn’t get a word out, nor could he move. Ava! Her name was spinning in his head over and over again, and when her head shot towards him, he knew that he accidently yelled it out loud.

But he was glad, because all of a sudden she let her luggage fall to the ground and ran toward him. The next thing he knew was that her small, fragile body was in his arms, and her sweet voice whispered in his ear:” I love you Oliver, and yes! Yes! Thousand times yes!”

I feel alive tonight possibility, that I'm your guy
I have a total crush on you, baby
♠ ♠ ♠
In my head it sounded a lot better, I'm not very happy with this and how it turned out.

But oh well, I tried :)

<3