Words Only Count If You Mean Them

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The days after my dates with Alex are always hell. I hate the feeling of not being physically close to Alex. I get to spend dates so close to him, but then I have to wait for the day after to see him. And today was going to be worse. I had to work until 1 and then I’d pick him up at 1:30, but his house is twenty minutes away from work.

Today also sucked mainly because, I had to train a new employee, joy. I sighed, putting on my uniform and going to find Rian, a.k.a my manager. “Yo,” I shout, “Rian! Where the fuck’s the newbie?”

Rian rolls his shoulders, “I don’t know he doesn’t start for another half an hour.”

“Oh…”

“Yeah, so just serve some customers, act all pretty and text Alex in you free time. Is that too much for you?” Rian asks.

I pretend to think it over, “No, I think I handle that very well.”

“I’m sure you can; just make sure the customers come before texting.” I nod

I didn’t expect may people for a whole. I mean seriously, who the fuck wanted a frozen ice
thing at ten o’clock in the morning? No one in their right mind.

I felt my photo vibrate in my pocket and check to make sure there were no customers.
Nope, none. I pull my phone out

Lexi<3: Hey Jacky!<3

Hey, baby, I type back, how’s ur day so far?

Lexi<3: Suckz ur not with me!

IK, me 2. I miss u!

I look up when I hear foots steps. I stand up straight and shove my phone in my pocket. “Hello,” I greet, “Welcome, to Rita’s Italian Ice. I’m Jack can I take your order?”

It was a group of slutty, what looked to be high school girls. Like I said before, no one in their right mind, fucking mind wants a frozen ice thing! The first to speak was wearing a skirt that was barley on her thighs. She had an irritating raspy voice. “Where are you on the menu?”

“I’ll take one of you, too.” Another one of the five said.

“Me, too!”

“Me three!”

“I could take two of him.” They giggle. I resist the urge to not gag.

“Look, I’m gay. I have a boyfriend and I’m not on the menu.” I sigh.

“All the hot guys are gay.” One of them whispered.

The raspy voice one speaks, “I’ll take a Strawberry smoothie.”

“Make that two!”

“No, three.”

“I’ll have a mango smoothie.”

“And I’ll have a banana-strawberry smoothie.”

“Okay,” I nod going to make there orders. I can feel them staring at me. It freaks me out a bit because I can hear what they are talking about.

“-To bad he’s gay. I’d let him fuck me night and day.”

All four agree. I suddenly feel self-conscious, trying to mess up. I had them there order. “That will be twenty-two, fifty-five.” I say. One of them hands me the money. “Have a nice day.” I mutter before going back to my phone.

These 5 whores wntd to get in my pants, I text.

Lexi<3: Ewww, that’s nasty.

Yeah but I told thm upfrnt that I’m taken.

Lexi<3: Ur amzng Jack. Hey turn around.

What, I think. I do as I’m told and there’s Alex looking all adorable and shy. He waves and awkwardly makes his way to the counter. “Hey babe,” I whisper.

He blushes and a smile creeps onto his face. “Hey.”

“What are you doing here?” I ask as he pulls up a stool and sets it so he can stare at me
from it.

“I came to see you! I missed you!” His face was just so, well I felt the need to rape him, he was so adorable. I lean over and kiss his forehead and in the background I hear a group of annoying girls squeal.

“Fuck.” Alex groans covering his ears. “Shit, you weren’t kidding about the annoying whores.”

“Told you. Ugh, I have to train a newbie today.”

“That sucks,” He says grabbing my hand and squeezing it, “But hey, I’ll be here! I’ll help you get through it!”

“I know you will.” I smile. “So you want anything?” I ask.

“Nah, I ate breakfast like thirty minutes ago.”

“Okay, but if you do let me know. I’ll pay for it, for you.”

“Don’t do that Jack; I can pay with my own money.”

“I know but, I’m your boyfriend and that’s what we do.”

“You’re amazing Jack. I don’t-”

“Don’t you fucking say that, Alex. You do deserve me.”

“Okay,” He says in a whisper.

About tens minutes later, Rian finds me, “Hey, the new kid should be here soon.”

“What’s he look like?” I ask.

“Red head, it won’t be hard to miss him.” He responds.

I nod my head, “We had a ginger in our school?” I ask.

“No the kid just move here from Texas.” Rian responds.

“Oh… That makes sense.”

“He should be here so- Oh there he is.” And boy was Jack right. You really couldn’t miss his hair. It was orange and in disarray. He had calm brown eyes and a goofy smile.

“Caleb!” Rian shouted. Ginger (Caleb) walked over and Rian introduced us. “Jack this is Caleb Turman. Caleb this is Jack Barakat. He’s going to show you how we make the things we sell. Wait, why is Alex here?”

“I came to see my boyfriend at work, is there something wrong with that?” Alex asks? When Alex says ‘boyfriend,’ Caleb’s eyes change. I can’t explain it, nut it can’t be good.

“Just make sure your clothes stay on,” Rian comments, quickly leaving before Alex starts shouting.

“Not you, too, Rian! Why does everybody think we’re having sex?!” Alex yells. “First my parents and now you! Why the hell do people think that?”

I laugh and I hear Caleb chuckle. “You’re boyfriend’s funny.” He tells me.

“Thanks.” I mutter. “Alex, you want a smoothie? I’m going to show Caleb how to make one.”

“Um, sure.”

“Banana and mango?”

“You know it,” he responds spinning on the stool.

I lead Caleb into the shack and he quickly throws on his uniform. I demonstrate on how
smoothies are made and press the button on the machine that mixes everything together. “And
that’s how it’s done.” I had Alex the smoothie and pull out a five and put it in the cashier.

As the day goes on I get this funny feeling that something’s not right. I just can’t put my finger on it.
♠ ♠ ♠
yup!