Words Only Count If You Mean Them

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Work seemed to go so slowly. Like painfully slow, cut your arm off and throw it into a wood chipper painful. If I didn’t watch carefully and explain (Repeatedly 20 fucking times) Caleb would mess up. Almost every fucking order he messed up. It was easier when I worked by myself and production was still faster.

I threw my uniform in a cubby and bolted out the door. “Come on, Lex.” I say grabbing his hand and pulling him behind me.

Alex stumbles and nearly falls, “Shit, Jack, I know it was a bad day but- Hey! Slow down!”

“Sorry, babe,” I say, “It’s just I have such a fucking headache right now! That kid is a pain in the ass!”

“I know,” His voice is calming, “Just calm down, he’s someone else’s problem now.”

“Yeah, for only a half an hour, I had two and a half hours with him. Almost three hours with a kid who didn’t pay any attention to what I was saying.”

“I know,” Alex whispered, his happy expression falling.

I take a deep breath, “I’m sorry, Lex, I’m bothering you with all my problems. Sorry.

No, it’s fine. I’m glad you tell me things. I just hate seeing you upset.”

“Aww, Lex,” I say as he leans into my side, “Stop, your adorableness is distracting me from driving.”

He snickers and pulls away. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay, I wouldn’t mind being distracted by you all the time. Really, but I don’t want us to be in an accident.”

“Good point, there.” He nods.

It’s about another ten minutes until we reach Alex’s house, we always practice at his house, but for about six months, Alex has been trying to get us to change houses. His reason? You guessed it, his parents. You’d think since Rian and Zack were there, they’d stop, but no, they get Rian and Zack involved. So band practice has been dubbed ‘Tease Alex.’ It’s enjoyable, mostly because I love how red Lex gets.

“I wonder what your parents will say today. Don’t you?”

“Ugh,” Alex groans, “Don’t even remind me about that.”

I laugh, “Well, knowing your mom, it will be funny.”

“Jack, you’re my boyfriend, you should be taking my side.” He whines.

“I know, but I love it when you blush.”

“Shut up, Jack.” He turns, thinking I can’t see the red spread across his face. I grab his hand, spinning him around. He’s in front of me, his face becoming a brighter red then before.

“Aw! Lexi’s blushing. His face is so red!” I announce, in an easy to become bothered by tone.

“Shut u-” I don’t let him finish. I smack my lips to his. He’s taken by surprise, at first, but then our lips move in sync. A moan escapees his mouth.

Out of no where Alex’s mom appears, “Alexander!” She scolds, “Those sounds should only be heard inside your bedroom. And only Jack is to hear them.”

Alex glares and storms to the garage.

“Hi, Mrs. Gaskarth.” I greet.

“Hi, Jack, time for another session of Tease Alex.” Mrs. Gaskarth smiles.

“Yes, ma’am.” I say walking towards the garage. I bend under the garage door. I see Alex on the couch strumming his guitar.

“Inquisitive and thoughtful, He was the challenge he'd been waiting for, a reminder that creativity runs deep, like secrets. Dark eyed dreamers - they were a dangerous pair…” He stopped and wrote a few words on the paper.

“New song,” I ask.

“Yeah.”

There was a knock on the garage door. “Are you two fully dress in there?” Zack yells.

Alex’s face fires up again. “Yes!” He yells.

“Ohhh, we definitely missed something, Alex’s face is red,” Rian comments.

“No, you didn’t,” Alex responds.

“I think Alex is telling the truth.” Zack starts, “Alex is always red.”

“So, Jack what happened to cause your boyfriend to turn red, this time.” Rian asks.

“Fuck you, Rian.” Alex says flipping him off.

“Oh, that? I put my hands down his pants.”

“NO YOU DIDN’T!” Alex shouts, standing up on the couch, looking down at me. I snicker and pretend Alex isn’t hovering over me.

“Hey,” I start, “Does the new guy have a hearing problem?”

“Not that I know of, but I do know he’s gay though.”

My eyes widen and I feel my blood get cold. Now I knew what the early feeling was. Caleb had a crush on Alex. That’s why he was staring at Alex. That’s why I was so pissed off to be around him. It all made sense now.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY ERICA??? THE CHAPTERS ARE POSTED!!! NEXT chapters PoV is Alex's. Let the Drama begin.