Love on Fire

Hey Pretty Baby

She danced like she’d never danced before, her heart racing and her hair flying in and out of her face. The music overwhelmed her as the club music reverberated from the speakers. Her body shook with the floor vibrations and the adrenaline rushed to every corner of her body. She wore red stiletto heels with a black dress that accentuated the soft curve of her waist. Many a man was watching her group of friends, as they were all quite attractive, but she was the epitome of passion. Her hips swayed from side to side as the men looked on with lustful eyes. Each of them wondered who these girls would leave with tonight, when suddenly one of them approached the group. He had on nicer clothes than most of the guys in the room. His white dress shirt glowed in the strobe lights. His legs didn’t walk, they glided over to the ladies, but he pulled her away and they danced like lovers. The music changed and the floor cleared for the two. She looked away from him, thinking that she’d only ever imagined that kind of thing happened in the movies. The song, unmistakable; a Michael Jackson classic. Their hips and lips entwined with one another, but released suddenly. He sung into her ear along with the song. “Hey pretty baby with the high heels on. You give me fever like I've never, ever known… just kiss me baby and tell me twice, that you’re the one for me.” He led her away from the dance floor, but continued to hold her close. He took her up the stairs and out the door. They were ignited with the passion of heat, and as he lifted her off her feet, she lied and told him he was the one for her, twice. He knew it wasn’t true but played along until they entered his apartment, and felt love for real.