‹ Prequel: A Party Song
Status: Finished!

They Were A Dangerous Pair

New Lives.

I grabbed my jacket, keys and bag off the dresser and walked down the hall to see my 2 year boyfriend, James, on the Playstation, at MW2 again, in only his boxers and a wifebeater. And it was only 8:30. I let out a chuckle and walked over to him, I bent down giving him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled and paused his game. He pecked me on the lips, and went over to the kitchen, rummaging through the fridge. I rolled my eyes playfully and slipped my shoes on.

"Bye babe!" he called through the door. I walked over to the elevator and pressed the down button. The doors soon opened. I stepped in and pressed 'M' for main level. The doors opened again, and I strutted out, waving to Gina, the girl who worked at the front desk at the apartment building.

I never went back to Baltimore. I tried, but it hurt too much. The only ones I kept in touch with now, were Ashley and Jayden, and every now and then, I'd talk to Sammie. She was 9 now.

Both Ashley and Jayden had moved out. Right after I left. Guess they couldn't stand my parents any longer. Jayden had also found a girl, he'd been with her 3 years now. And Ashley just started dating a guy,

I stayed in New York City, at my small, but cozy apartment, 5 minutes away from my Aunt's, who called occasionally. Sometimes we'd go out and have lunch, or she'd come to the cafe and have a coffee with me. She treated me way better than my parents had after I started acting the way I did.

I met James finishing my senior year of high school when I first came to New York, and we fell in love. He was like no other boy I'd met before, and I had great feelings for him. I tried to promise myself that I had to think about Jack, and how much he loved me.

But then I thought, he broke his promise to me. He never kept in touch with me. He never did find a way for us to be together. Why should I waste my time on something that had slowly faded away. I'd be wasting time for a couple of years. And James was really helping me pick up the pieces. I saw that All Time Low had become big, and they wouldn't have time for me anymore.

The last person I kept in touch with was Kara. She'd told me everything, then we hadn't talked ever again, Kara would go on tour with them from time to time, sometimes stayed home when she wanted to, or when they would do small tours, they'd gotten big. And Kennadee was their merch girl, and went on every tour with them, and her and Alex were dating, last time I checked. And Rian and Kara were good. But she never said anything about Jack. It worried me.

I sighed thinking about it, and pulled the door open to Lola's Cafe. I pushed the door open that read 'Employees Only', leading me to the back. I hung up my coat, and slipped on my apron. I pinned my name tag to the simple black t-shirt I was wearing with my black pants and heels, and made my way out to the counter.

Molly waved at me, and told me to take her place at the cash register, so she could start helping with making the orders. I stood at the cash register.

"Hello sir, welcome to Lola's Cafe. May I take your order?"

"Yes, I'll have a caramel cappuccino and a chocolate donut to go please" the man smiled at me.

"Okay!" I said punching it in. "Your total comes to $9.45" I told him. He handed me a 10 dollar bill. I took it from his hands and he gave him back his change.

Jack's POV

I stuck my tongue out in concentration, my eyes glued to the screen of Call Of Duty, I was playing against Rian. Alex, Zack and Kennadee came running out of the back grinning.

"Guys! We're in New York City!" Kennadee shouted in excitement.

"Babe, we've already been here twice. You act like it's a big deal every time we come" Alex chuckled.

"What can I say? I like the shopping" she laughed.

"So what's happening Matt?" Zack asked him.

"The bus is going to pull into the venue, and then we're gonna cab it to get coffee, I need it" Matt explained. Everyone nodded in agreement.

Moments later, the bus came to a stop, and we all ran off. We ran into the streets, and tried many times to hail a cab. Three had already passed us. I always wondered why it was so hard too get one, they were always everywhere in New York. We'd finally gotten one, and jumped in. Luckily it was a van, so we'd all fit. Matt in the passenger's seat, Alex, Kennadee and Rian in the second row. And Zack and I in the back.

"Where to?" The cab driver asked.

"What's the closest place to get a good coffee?" Matt replied.

"Well, I enjoy a place called Lola's Cafe. It's less than a minute away, so you're in luck" the cab driver told us.

"Sounds good"
♠ ♠ ♠
James

Hey guys! Thanks for reading, tell me what you think so far!