‹ Prequel: A Party Song
Status: Finished!

They Were A Dangerous Pair

Back to Baltimore.

I squirmed in my chair, my eyes hiding my sunglasses, I could hear Hey Monday's set booming as I sat in All Time Low's merch booth. They were signing and tons of girls were lined up. Word gets around fast, because some of them already knew my name. I kept checking my phone for any texts or calls, hoping that someone would call me, I was extremely bored. I looked up at the screaming girls, and my phone went off. The screen flashed my brothers name. I glowed, and excused myself.

"Hey Jayden!"

"Hey, Ocean. Listen, we need to talk" he said into the phone quietly.

"Jayden, you don't sound good. What's wrong?"

"Well, everything. To start things off, Mom and Dad are filing for divorce, and Sammie is staying with Ash and I for a bit, until everything is sorted out, and on top of that, Ashley just suddenly fainted last night. I had no idea what to do, so I lifted her into the car and drove her to emergency. They're trying to figure out what's wrong with her. Things are really crazy in Baltimore" he sounded tired, and depressed. My eyes squinted and tears threatened to spill from them.

"Do I need to leave?" I asked.

"I just, I feel so- I, Ocean. I feel so guilty asking you this. Since you're just getting a break from all this crap in New York, but yeah, we need you, a lot right now. It's just me and Sammie right now, I don't think I can get through this without you. I'm so sorry" by this point I could hear Jayden sobbing, and Sammie's soft voice in the background soothing him.

"I'll be on the next flight" I said and hung up. I went back to the tent, wiping the tears with the sleeve of my sweater. I looked at them all, as they once again, gave me looks of sympathy.

"I really need to leave" I said, and made my way to the bus. I heard running behind me, and turned around.

"What's happening Ocean?"

"They need me in Baltimore. My parents filed for divorce, and Ashley fainted last night, they're still trying to figure out why, she's hospitalized. It's just Jayden and Sammie, and they just really need me" I explained to Jack.

"Are you coming back?" he asked kissing my all over.

"I don't know. Depends how long this all goes on. Either way, I'll be in Baltimore" I gave him a weak smile.

"Just as long as you call us everyday. Keep us updated. Kara's leaving in a couple days to go back to Baltimore for school, so she'll be around. I'll miss you"

"Mmkay. I'll miss you too" I said, we kissed for a bit. "I have to go"

"Right. Well, our set is next. So, I'll see who can give you a ride to the airport" he nodded. "Just go pack"

I turned to the bus, and went directly to my bunk. I scooped all the dirty clothes, and the pictures hanging on the wall out, and put them into my luggage. It was good while it lasted. I went around the bus, picking up everything that was mine, and packing it away. I sighed, as I was finally ready to zip it up. I picked up my cell phone and called the city airport.

"Hi, I'd like a ticket on the next flight to Baltimore please"

"Okay, ma'am. The next flight is in about, 3 hours. So if you'd come now, you'd be able to make it. What's your name?"

"Perfect. For Ocean Miller, please"

"Alright, thank you. See you soon"

I hopped out of the bus and I saw John, toying with the keys to The Maine's van. I smiled. Everyone was waiting for me. Guess they all heard about the call.

I started with All Time Low first.

"Bye Alex! Surprisingly, I think I'll miss you and your smart ass antics. Your my best friend, she's my best friend. You hurt her, I will personally beat your ass" I smirked, reffering to Kennadee. He smirked back and hugged me.

"I'll miss you too. And if I ever hurt her, which I won't, feel free" he winked at Kennadee. Well, he's whipped. I walked over to Zack.

"I'm gonna miss you Merrick. And if you work out anymore, I think your muscles are going to explode, be careful!" He winked and flexed. I rolled my eyes playfully and hugged him. Next, Rian.

"Same goes for you, you hurt Kara, you'll get a beating. Other than that, I'll miss ya Ri Ri! " I said putting my arms around his waist.

"I won't, I won't, and you know I hate the name 'Ri Ri' " he pouted.

"Why do you think I said it?" Now over to Kara and Kennadee. We pulled into a group hug. Then I gave them each a seperate one.

"I'll see you in about a week sweety, good luck with your family. I hope everything is okay in the end"

"Yeah, same. Call, text, email, skype, anything. See you back in Baltimore hun! I hope everything goes alright with the fam. We're always here for you, so if you need to talk, just call, until then, I'll miss you"

Last, but definitely not least, Jack Barakat, the person I dreaded to say goodbye to the most. We put our foreheads against each other, my arms snaked around his neck, and his around my waist.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, call and text every day, I promise, nothing will separate us. See you back in Baltimore" I told him. He kissed my neck, and then my lips.

"Get a room!" John called, honking the horn from the van. I chuckled and said my goodbyes to everyone else. I got into the passengers seat of the van and we were off to the airport.

"So, for that little time spent of tour life, how did you like it?" John asked. We'd become best friends since that first day we met.

"It was great. There are disadvantage, but many more advantages. Hopefully I can come back before the tour ends"

"So, if you don't mind me asking, why are your parents getting a divorce?"

"They've been fighting non-stop ever since they sent me away to New York when I was 17. But, it's something I don't really like to talk about. All Time Low, Kara, and Kennadee know what that was all about. I just started off new in New York. I trust you John, I really do, but I'll tell you everything when the time is right. Okay?"

"No, Ocean, I completely understand. It's fine. I'm sure everything will go fine with your family. Stay in touch." he assured me as we pulled into a parking space at the airport. I kissed him on the cheek.

"Thanks John"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the delay. I've been so busy, and I went on vacation to Mexico! It was fun.

Just some news, readers of the John Oh story, I put that on hold to finish this one. Once I finish this story, I will continue working on the John Oh, as well as another Alex Gaskarth story with purplemonster. It will be called 'Another Night, Another Score'. No chapters are up yet, but the summary is, so go check it out.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed! Subscribe and comment! : )