‹ Prequel: A Party Song
Status: Finished!

They Were A Dangerous Pair

Going to court.

Today my parents went to court, and my sister had just gotten out of the hospital days ago and Kara was in town. We were all expected to go, and dress up. It was court after all, and they wanted to ask us all questions.

I dressed in black skinny jeans, and a floral silk tank top, with my leather studded boots. and a leather jacket. Ashley was dressed in a strapless bustier top, with a blue ruffled skirt over it. I looked at myself in the mirror satisfied, and grabbed my bag, I tossed my keys, iPod, and phone into it and got into Jayden's car with everyone else. I sighed as Jayden pulled out of the driveway, and off to the court.

Soon the court started to come into sight, and he pulled into a parking spot. We all got out, and he locked the car. We sat down in the aisle, as my parents met with they're lawyers, getting ready to go up, and present their points to the judge.

Soon the judge came out, and everyone stood up. She ordered us all to sit.

"Alright, so correct me if I'm wrong, but you would like a divorce, and to decide who has custody of your youngest daughter, Samantha Skylar Miller?"

"Yes, your honor"

"Okay, let's start then. Chris, please state your side of the story, then call up your first witness"

"Well, ever since our middle daughter left, Ocean, we've been arguing. What happened was, five years ago, Ocean wasn't acting in the best way. The way Helen wanted to take care of it, was by sending Ocean to live with her sister, Jenny. I had tried to argue that we should keep Ocean in Baltimore, as it was just best if we tried talking to her, and letting her express all her feelings, and maybe it was us, and we weren't being good parents. But of course, Helen got what she wanted. She always does. We should've gotten over it by now, but it's not just about our daughter anymore, it's about everything. I can't stand it anymore, so I want a divorce"

"Alright, who do you call up to be your first witness?"

"My daughter, Ocean Dawn Miller"

Oh great I thought. I sighed, and brushed myself up, walking to the podium.

"Alright Ocean. How did you feel about being sent away to New York at the time?"

"Well I did feel it was unfair, they were taking me away from all the friends I made in Baltimore, and my siblings who I love. At first I thought it was stupid, but after I had gone through the moping stage in New York, I decided to start off new, and I figured I had to let my old life go"

"From present to back then, would you have liked to stay in Baltimore, if you did, do you think it would've helped your parents relationship?"

"Honestly, I think things happen for a reason, New York showed me that you can't hold a grudge forever, and you have to let the things and people you love go sometime, life can be unfair. I don't think it would have helped my parents relationship. My parents are very different people, who have different points of views about everything. My mother would probably disagreed with my father, and given up"

"Who do you think will be a more fair, and better parent to your younger sister?"

"I'm not quite sure, I haven't seen my parents in about two years. So I'll tell you work wise, my mom is never at home, and she would never let my dad see Sammie if she got custody. Where as my dad can work from home, though he doesn't know how to cook anything but instant noodles. I think it would be nice if they could be fair. One week to Mom, one week to Dad maybe, though they may have their flaws and issues, they're both great parents. Sammie has told me that she wants to have time with both her parents, or live with her siblings, Jayden, Ashley and myself"

Mom, Dad, and the judge gasped and looked to the audience for Sammie.

"Samantha. Is this true? If your parents don't share you, you'd like to live with your siblings?" the judge questioned.

She replied with a shy nod. The judge looked at her surprisingly. " I will take this into consideration, her siblings are all of legal age. Aren't they?"

"That is correct. Jayden is 28, Ashley is 23 and I am 22" I stated

"Interesting. Ocean, please step down from the podium, well then, let us move onto the divorce and who will get the house, the furniture, etc. I will have made my decision by the end of the week. I will call you when I make up my mind" she informed us as I made my way back to my seat.

Sammie smiled at me as I sat down. "Thanks Ocean"

&

"So, are you coming back?"

"I don't think so Jack, tour life was good while it lasted, but I have to get back to reality, plus, I told Sammie I wouldn't leave again. It would break her heart. She really looks up to me, Ashley and Jayden"

"Okay, well, I love you, see you in a couple months, okay?"

"Mmkay, love you too, bye Jacky"

"Bye Ocey" he laughed. I rolled my eyes playfully and clicked my phone off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Girls outfits

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed : )
Comment, subscribe, and all that!
-Kennadee