‹ Prequel: A Party Song
Status: Finished!

They Were A Dangerous Pair

Everything Is Gonna Be Okay.

After the big scene at the cafe, I talked to everyone, to see how they were doing, I got their numbers, and in the past week, I hung out with them, and sometimes the topic of Jack would come out. I usually hung around Kennadee, Rian, and Zack. Alex was always usually with Jack.

Today Kennadee was coming back to the cafe. They were staying in New York for a couple more days, performed in a couple more cities, and then they were back to Baltimore.

I sighed bored and looked outside, I saw Kennadee stepping out of a van, Jack seemed to be driving. I watched their conversation. It seemed like they were shouting. They stopped and looked at each other sympathetically, they said some words, hugged, and Kennadee came inside.

She came over to the counter. "Hey, can I have a medium regular coffee? 2 cream, 3 sugar?" she asked. I nodded.

"1.50" I told her. She nodded, and gave me her change. I slid it to her after they were done making it. She took a sip, and put it down. "When's your break?" she asked. I looked at the clock behind me.

"5 minutes" I responded. "Just go sit down and read a magazine or something" I ordered. She grabbed her coffee and went over to the table where AP Magazine was sitting, she picked it up, and started reading, occasionally taking sips of her coffee.

I just went back to cash register again. Soon enough, I was on my 30 minute break. I threw my apron off, and went to sit with Kennadee.

"Look, Jack just wanted me to tell you that he's terribly sorry for his outburst the other day, and wants to know if you'd still like to be friends with him. I'm telling you this because he's too whimp to call you and ask you himself" she chuckled. "So what do you think?"

"Oh, yeah. It's fine. Sure, we can still be friends. I'd like that. But next time, tell him to talk to me himself, would ya ?" I chuckled.

"Sure thing" Kennadee replied.

"So how are things with you and Alex? How's Lisa been?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Things with Alex and I have been great, we've been dating since we graduated at Dulaney. And Lisa's okay. I see her around time to time. She's not as bitchy now. She just gives me an evil glare and walks away" Kennadee smirked. I chuckled. Same old Kennadee, I thought.

"But trust me Ocean, Jack really misses you, and all he wants is things to be good with you guys" she smiled.

"Well if he's okay with everything, you should all come over tomorrow night, meet James" I suggested with a wink.

"Okay, I'm down" she replied. "I'll ask the guys"

"So what happened after you left? I thought you were coming back to Baltimore again? You never did"

"I figured that maybe I had to move on, start a clean slate, live a new life" I told her. "That, and I met James. At first, all I could think about was Jack, and sometimes, I still think of Jack. He was my first true love, but if I was gonna let go of my old life, and start a new one, I'd have to let go of Jack too. It's just so hard because I still love him. But I can't throw James away, he 's been so good to me"

"I understand how you feel. Let's just see how it goes from here, okay?"

"Sure"

"Ocean! Break's over. Let's go! It's my turn to relax. I haven't had a break all day!" Molly called. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I gotta get back to work. So see you tomorrow night then?"

"Yep, if the boys don't come, then I still will. I miss you Ocean" she smiled. I returned the smile.

"See ya Kennadee"

"Bye Ocean" she said and walked out, taking her phone out of her pocket.

Soon the same van pulled up outside. I could see Jack looking through the windshield. He gave me a weak smile and waved at me as Kennadee got in.

At first, I thought maybe when my world collided, it'd be a disaster, but everything is gonna be okay, and hopefully, its staying that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay, I'm busy and sick. And those two do not make a good match. : /

Thanks for reading, and for the feedback! Comment!