‹ Prequel: A Party Song
Status: Finished!

They Were A Dangerous Pair

Jokes

Jack's POV

"Yeah, she's awesome, she's funny, great, hardworking, beautiful, I love everything about her, her laugh, her smile, her eyes..."

Yeah, you don't have to tell me how wonderful she is. I know, I was with her once I thought in irritation.

I just smiled and nodded my head as James ramble on about how great my ex-girlfriend Ocean, is.

I glanced at Alex and Kennadee, who were cuddling at watching TV, while Zack and Rian sat with me, listening to James, looking at me in sympathy. Zack shook his head and gave me a look that said 'this is ridiculous'. He got up, and sat beside Kennadee, talking to her. She glanced at me and nodded at Zack. She slipped her phone out of her pocket, and before I knew it, I had a new text.

1 NEW MESSAGE: Kennadee T.

Ri and I will talk to James, go talk to your girl. Don't do anything stupid. I'm not trying to help you break them up. I'm just giving you time to talk to her the text read. I glanced at her and she smirked getting up. She came over, and Rian, James and Kennadee got into a conversation. I got up and made my way to the kitchen, without James noticing that I'd slipped away.

I leaned in the door way, everything smelt delicious. "Wow. Smells good in here. I didn't know you could cook" I told her. She jumped.

"Oh, hi Jack." she said relieved.

"Sorry, did I scare you?" I chuckled.

"Just a little bit" she smiled. "What are you doing in here?"

"I couldn't resist the smell. Thought I'd come see what's cooking" I lied.

"Oh. Well did you wanna drink? You can help yourself" she offered, pointing out the fridge. "We've got water, milk, soda, beer, whichever you like"

"Hmm" I pulled the fridge open. "I'll take the beer" I told her, pulling out a Stella Artois. "Need any help with dinner?" I asked her.

"I didn't know you could cook" she mocked with a grin.

"I can't, but I do what I'm told, and I try my best at it" I replied.

"Jack Bassam Barakat? Doing what he's told?! That's one I haven't heard before" she teased. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Okay, so maybe I don't always do what I'm told, but hey, I can be helpful at times!" I protested.

"Okay then, chop up those vegetables" she ordered, pointing to the vegetables on the counter. I nodded. "Be careful, the knife is sharp!" she joked again.

"Oh, you're just full of jokes tonight aren't you?" I laughed and she shrugged. I grabbed the knife and looked at the uncut vegetables sitting on the cutting board. "So, um, which way do I cut?"

She rolled her eyes. She came over and demonstrated. "There, that wasn't too hard was it? Now you try it. I feel like a mother teaching her kid to cook" she told me. I chuckled.

"Well we're all kids at heart!"

"Whatever Jack" she giggled. She turned on the sink, and ran her hands through the water. Once she was done, she turned around, flicking the water off her hands at me, laughing.

"Hey!" I grabbed a dish towel, rolled it up, and whipped her with it.

"Ow! Jack! Stop it!"

"Nope"

"Jack. Seriously"

"Please. Pretty please Jacky!"

"Two conditions"

"What?"

"One. Say Jack Bassam Barakat is the most awesome guy in the world. Two, kiss me"

Ocean's POV

"J-Jack. I can't. I'm sorry. You know I have a boyfriend" she protested.

"I also know that you still love me" he shot back. It was true. I did. But I couldn't leave James. All of sudden Jack waltzes into town, back into my life , and he thinks I'll dump all of it just for him? I can't.

"Jack, please. Don't start. Let's just, put this behind this, and serve dinner" I told him, taking the meatloaf, and putting it on the dinner table. I heard a sigh from behind me, but said nothing. This was my time to reunite with my good friends, and just have fun, and I wasn't going to let Jack Barakat ruin it for me.

I went into the living room with a grin, proud of myself, that I had actually made a decent home cooked meal. "Dinner is served!" I called. They smiled back at me and got up, making their way to the dinner table.

"Everything looks great babe" James said, sitting down beside me and kissing my cheek. I smiled.

"Thanks!" I glanced over at Jack, who looked at James in envy. Kennadee then looked at the three with us. A thump was heard under the table.

"Ow! Fuck! What was that for?!" Jack yelled out. Kennadee gave him a look and he continued to fill his plate, irritated.

Rian, Alex and Zack held back laughter. James just looked at everyone in confusion, then at me. I just shook my head. It was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading guys! Thanks for the feedback, I hope you like! Comment!