‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 1

A/N: The first five chapters will each focus on one of the guys and what’s happened with them since the last story. Chapter 6 will start the full story.

Johnny…then to now

When we left off, Johnnie was two years old and Johnny was dating Riley. In the days that followed their last family night at the restaurant, (yes, I said last family night at the restaurant) Johnny and Riley continued to date and eventually Johnny would come to admit that he loved Riley. It took 6 years for him to be able to say it without feeling guilty. He told himself over and over that if he told another woman that he loved her, then it would mean that he no longer loved Kelli.

Tera was the one person that would help him see that as long as he continued to love no matter whom it was, that Kelli would never be forgotten and when ever he thought of her, or needed her or felt like she was slipping away, he only had to look into the eyes of his daughter to find her. Kelli would always be the love of his life and Riley knew and accepted that. Still his love for Riley was true as was hers for him. They married when Jonnie was 10.

Jonnie and Riley raised Jonnie together and when she was 16 she graduated from high school early. Jonnie was a brilliant student and her father was fully to blame. You would expect that Matt would be the over protective strict parent, but no, Johnny was the one who raised his daughter in a strict environment. School came first. There were rules, there was a curfew and there were no boys allowed. He wasn’t going to have a child who grew up to be on the news as the child of a rock star gone bad. No, his kid was going to learn values and appreciate the things that life brings her.

At 18 Jonnie left home to go to school in New York, but you can bet her father kept her on a short leash. He’d paid for an apartment for his mother so she could go out there and stay with Jonnie while she attended college.

She was two years older then the other children, who were all born the same year. (Well except for the youngest one) For that reason, she was the outsider, never having anything in common with them, never being in the same classes and never being allowed to go out.

Now, at 23, Jonnie has just returned home from school in New York after spending the last 5 years away from her father. Tired of following his rules, tired of living in a bubble and tired of being a Virgin. What happens when you raise a kid to live by the rules and walk a straight line? Only one thing…they rebel. Good luck with that Johnny.