‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 11

Legend stood in the living room of the mansion waiting for Matt and Sydney to join him. He’d requested to speak with both of them this afternoon and they both said that they would be there. He paced back and forth nervously going over in his head what he was going to say to both of him. Finally after another five minutes they both walked into the living room.

“hi” he said to both of them.

“You look nervous? Are you alright?” Sydney asked.

“Yeah, I’m ok. Please sit down” he lied, he was nervous as could be. Everyone knew Matt had a nasty temper and he was praying to God that he wasn’t going to be on the receiving end of it right now.

He stood leaning up against the fireplace as he spoke. “Do you both love me?” he asked

“Of course we do” Matt responded.

“Uncle Matt would you say I was a good person?”

“Sure, the best.”

“And I am part of your family right?” Sydney looked at Matt suddenly feeling bad for Legend.

“Yes, always. What’s this about?”

Legend put his hands in his pockets and looked Matt in the eyes. “If all of that is true, then why am I not good enough?”

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what you are talking about. I’m trying to follow along here, and I can sense something is wrong, but unless you tell me what it is, I cant help you. And you are good enough” Matt said.

“For Seven?”

Matt closed his eyes. “Shit” he whispered

“I don’t understand why you wouldn’t allow us to be happy together”

It was Sydney who spoke up this time. “You know, one day you two will have children of your own and you will understand that statement you just made.” She smiled warmly.

“I just need time to process this, Legs” Matt said.

“What’s to process? We’ve been raised together our whole lives, no one knows me better than she does and I know her better than anyone else. We’ve been together nearly five years. This isn’t just a couple of stupid kids making a bad decision.” He pleaded.

“No one is calling either of you stupid,” Sydney said. “It’s a big decision”

“I know that and I thought long and hard before I asked her to marry me. I’m ready and so is she. I can provide for her and make sure she has all she will ever need. I will take care of her, I can promise you that. Please don’t make us defy you, please I’m begging you to give us your blessing”

Matt wiped his eyes and stood. “I’m sorry, I cant” and he walked out of the living room.

Legend lowered his gaze to the floor as his face bore sheer disappointment and sadness.

“He’ll come around, he just needs some time” Sydney said trying to comfort him.

“We won’t wait much longer” he said and she knew that if Matt didn’t come around soon, he was going to lose his daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK so all the 11 characters have been introduced in their own individual chapters. Now, that those are done, the chapters will no longer be individual and tell alot more of the main story.
Incase you werent able to pick up on it, Matt and Sydney are together. You'll see how that all came about in a few chapters from now and if you read "and all things will end", the way they got back together will make a whole lot of sense. If you didn't you wont get it.
Also, Blade and Melody have a HUGE back story that will play out through the coming chapters and will be an integral part of the story itself. It will involve a mystery character and most of the main characters as well. Although the story is revolving around the kids you will see A LOT of the original characters.

P.S. I'm a Matt girl, but I am sooooooooo crushing on Brian right now. :)