‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 36

“Daddy? That’s all you have to say to me?” Johnny was pissed and she knew it. “How long have you been here Jonnie?” he asked.

“Just a day, I was going to call you”

“Oh, really? Did you run out of paper?” he was being sarcastic and referring to the fact that she left a note instead of calling to say she was leaving in the first place.

She rolled her eyes and Johnny turned his attention to Lyric. “I’d like to speak with my daughter alone, please.”

Lyric nodded and got up off the couch. He mouthed the words “Be strong” just before he passed Jonnie on his way out.

When Lyric was gone, Johnny didn’t hold back.

“How could you be so fucking selfish?” Hey yelled.

“ME? How could you! My whole life was based around what YOU wanted it to be not what I wanted”

He stood there in the middle of the room stone faced and looked right into his own eyes. She was more like him then he knew. She was small and she was always fighting against the current just like he had when he was her age.

“Why did you come back?” he asked

She wasn’t going to lie, but she had to think for a minute before she put it out there.

“I came back because I was offered a deal with a record label out here”

“WHAT?”

“You heard me, dad.” She walked over to the couch and sat down and brought her knees up. “I’m taking the deal that Uncle Matt offered and I honestly don’t care if you like it or not. It’s not your decision to make.”

“UNCLE WHO OFFERED YOU WHAT?” You could say Johnny was a little pissed off and the shit was going to hit the fan now. He walked out of the living room and out the front door. When he got into his car he took off and sped over to the mansion to go give Matt a piece of his mind.

Blade…

Blade sat in his car in front of the house watching the front door as if he expected someone to come out at any minute. He looked down at the envelope that held the letter his mother sent and the return address matched the one on the house he was looking at.

He had questions and it was time he got the answers that he’d been searching for his whole life. He got out of his car and walked across the street and there was a big part of him that hoped that she wasn’t home, but he also knew that if she wasn’t home and he left there today without seeing her, that he would probably never take the chance again.

He stood on the front steps and knocked on the red door waiting for someone to answer. When the door opened, Blade came face to face with his mother.

She didn’t have to ask who he was; she only had to look into his eyes to know she was looking at her son.

“Is this a bad time?” he asked not knowing what else to say.

“No, not at all. Please, come in!” she held the door open and he nodded following her inside the house.

She walked him into the living room and offered him a seat. He sat on the couch and looked around the living room. It was a comfortable house; it looked lived in, like a home should.

“Can I get you something a soda or something else to drink?” she asked. He could see she was just as nervous as he was.

“No, thanks I’m fine.”

She sat across from him and for a few moments they didn’t say a word. They just stared at each other, both trying to find any kind of resemblance that could show they were mother and son.
♠ ♠ ♠
The one who meets their maker......Blade :)

Short chapter, but the next one will make up for it.