‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 5

Brian…then to now

When we left off with Brian he has just asked Stormy to marry him and she said yes. They didn’t marry for quiet a few years after they announced their engagement. In fact, they wouldn’t marry until 10 years later. Not for lack of desire to be married, but because both were content just being together and the last name was just a formality. Neither one could manage to sit still for five minutes to plan the wedding either. Every time they would talk about it, they would both agree to get started on the planning, but by the morning, their chat would be forgotten and they would go about their day.

Another event would take the precedence over their wedding that neither one were prepared for. One morning, four years after their engagement Stormy had started not feeling well and threw up. This started to happen daily and Brian thinking that she had started to go back to being bulimic forced her to see a doctor. She wasn’t bulimic she was pregnant.

9 months later, Stormy gave birth to a baby girl that her and Brian named Melody Bryan Haner. Melody was five years younger than the “triplets” and seven years younger than Jonnie, so needless to say with her being the baby of the house, she was spoiled.

At 5, Melody was the apple of her daddy’s eye. She was his princess and he was her prince and he never let her out of his sight. Where ever they went she would make sure that everyone knew he was her daddy. She had no idea who Synyster Gates was or what he did for a living all she cared about was standing on his shoes and dancing with him. Like her mother, she too loved ballet and her daddy was her biggest fan. At her request, Stormy and Brian married shortly after her 5th birthday and instead of Brian having a best man, she would stand beside him as his best girl.

At 7, Melody was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes. She was brave, braver than Brian could ever be. Every day from that day on she would have to have shots of insulin and when he or Stormy would give her a shot she would try so hard not to cry. She wanted to be brave for her daddy, and when he cried it was her who told him that everything would be ok. Everyone in the house treated her with kid gloves and when Brian wasn’t around they all watched her like she was their own. The other kids being so much older than her, didn’t have anything in common with her and although they sometimes let her hand around with them, they still treated her like she was a baby.

At 10, she snuck out of the house to follow the other kids. She wanted to be as grown up as they were, so she put on some of her mother’s make up and followed them to the park. She hid in a tree and when Blade looked up and noticed her there, she fell and broke her arm. He’d carried her all the way to the hospital and held her until Brian and Stormy got there. At 10, she fell in love and her daddy would now take a back seat.

Now, at 16 she was just as pretty as her mother. She had her father’s smirk though and a little bit of his arrogance. It was at this age that she went to her mother and father and told them that she no longer wanted to study ballet and of course that broke Stormy’s heart. She told her father that she wanted to study fashion and was also thinking about band management. Her father told her that there would be no way in hell he was going to allow her to manage a band he didn’t care if it was Barney the dinosaur. No daughter of his was going to live on the road. What happens when she starts to ignore his warnings and break his rules? Hold on to your hat Brian.