‹ Prequel: Second Heartbeat
Sequel: Girl I Know

Shattered By Broken Dreams

Chapter 55

With the days that passed after the funeral, Blade seemed to be in a world of his own. He distanced himself from friends and family and from Jonnie. When she knocked on his bedroom door, he didn’t answer as she figured he wouldn’t. So, she took it upon herself to just walk right in.

He was sitting in a chair looking out the window and never even looked over when she walked in the room. Jonnie sat on his bed facing him not knowing what to say or what to do to make him feel better.

“I am not a nice guy” he said still focusing his gaze out the window.

“Why would you say that?” she asked.

“Because if I were a nice guy, I would have stepped aside”

“I’m not following here”

He got up off the chair and walked over to the bed and sat down next to her focusing his gaze on the floor.

“Yes, there was a bet and yes, Lyric and I are both competitive we always have been, but I know for a fact that Lyric never used you and I know for a fact that what happened between you and him meant the world to him. Yet, I had to show him up, because like I said, I am not a nice guy.”

Now he was looking at her. “This is a mistake and you know it, Jonnie. You’re with me to get back at him when the reality of the situation is that what happened with the two of you was far from being a mistake. The bet aside, he’s the one for you, not me.”

“wow” was all she could manage to say.

“Can you honestly sit there and tell me that you feel nothing for him?” he asked and she didn’t have to answer, he knew and she knew she did.

“See, there’s a girl for me and yeah, I know she’s not for me right now, but she will be for me one day and I’m going to wait for that day to come for as long as it takes and when that day does come, I’m never going to let her go. I’m sorry, Jonnie. Sorry that I played this game with you.”

She stood up and let out a sigh deep down knowing that while he was using her, she was using him too and that made her no better than him.

“He’s probably in his room right now, I heard him walk by earlier. Go” Blade said and she nodded, but before she left she walked over to where he sat and kissed the top of his head.

He smiled and looked up at her. “Go get your man before I change my mind” he teased and she quietly walked out of his room closing the door behind her.

She walked down the hallway to the door at the end, the one belonging to Lyric and stood outside for a few minutes trying to think of something to say, but couldn’t find the right words. She was about to knock when the door opened and there he stood in only a pair of jeans.

Jonnie was caught off guard and hadn’t expected to be standing in front of him like that. Still she couldn’t find the words to speak. His eyes met hers and his face was questioning why she was standing there.

“What do you want?” he asked, but not in a way that demanded she answer him. More so in a way that was curious as to what she was doing outside his bedroom door.

“I know it’s late and I…was..well..I…wanted to…I should go” she said slightly embarrassed she started to walk away, but he stopped her.

“Jonnie, you are standing outside my bedroom door just to tell me you should go?”

“no” she shook her head.

“Then what?”

“I was standing outside your bedroom door trying to figure out how to tell you that I love you, but you opened the door and I lost my nerve so I’m just going to go home now”

She turned on her heels and tried to walk away, but that wasn’t going to happen.

“Chicken” he said and folded his arms across his chest. She turned back around and walked back over to him.

“What did you call me?” she said

“A chicken” he said matter of factly.

“I am not a chicken,” she said poking his chest with every word she said.

“Then say it, Jonnie” his voice was just above a whisper as he leaned closer to her.

“Fine. If I say it will you let me go?”

He shook his head. “No” and leaned against the frame of the door confusing her even more.

“Ok. Yeah, I love you. There I said it are you happy now?”

“yes” he nodded

“Ok, this isn’t funny” she wanted to walk away, but he stepped forward. With every step he took towards her, she took one back. The evil smile that crept across his face was intimidating and when her back hit the wall, there was nowhere for her to go.

He stepped as close as he could and braced his hands against the wall one on each side of her head. When he got as close as he could she gulped and looked at his face.

“Jonnie” he said her name in a menacing tone.

“y-y-yes?” she said nervously

“I love you more” he whispered and brought his lips right to hers. When she kissed him back he lifted her up off the floor and carried her right back into his room where they stayed for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
one more chapter before a big chapter...